Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Acosta

Just back from Aldi.shelves are packed full of food.plenty to go around.fair play to the staff.
    The drama queens who emptied the shelves Thursday and Friday weren’t long punching themselves out the greedy swine.they should be ashamed of themselves.
    They’re at home now the same clowns wondering what they will do with 12 boxes of pasta and waiting for the next bandwagon to come along to jump on.fcukin idiots

Yeah. Important to remember even though Italy is disaster zone, the shops are still open. If they shut the place down here we won't go hungry or run out of big roll

• Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Cashiers in our local Dunne's wearing protective gloves this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Pence confirms UK and Ireland travel ban to US

• Registered Users Posts: 82,865 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Midnight Monday EST all flights to/from banned UK/IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tiddles_1

dan786 wrote: »
    It is being reported that the US government is expected to announce an expansion of its travel ban on European countries to include Ireland and the UK.

Reuters, citing US officials and an airline, said that the new ban on Ireland is likely to come into effect on Monday night.

An official statement from Vice President Mike Pence is expected later.

Mike Pence is speaking Now and all this happened about 10 minuets ago ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

The Department of health wouldn't have the ability to implement a lockdown though would they? Would Leo not have to announce that?

If you close pubs and everything but food stores and pharmacy’s there’s not much else people can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Is this the first DOH weekend briefing? This is either going to be very good news or very bad news.

'either' ?? Seriously ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

The Department of health wouldn't have the ability to implement a lockdown though would they? Would Leo not have to announce that?

I believe our president would also have to sign off on it.
    But I could be wrong

Is this the first DOH weekend briefing? This is either going to be very good news or very bad news.

No such thing as good news , every briefing right now numbers will go up .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

branie2 wrote: »
    Cashiers in our local Dunne's wearing protective gloves this afternoon.

Same in Supervalu. Not much point to it unless they are changing them after dealing with each customer. Contaminated gloves are the same as contaminated hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

kowloon wrote: »
    I see price gougers selling bog roll on Amazon for inflated prices after clearing out local supermarkets are getting their accounts suspended.

Why would people be buying it?! There are tonnes in supermarkets.
    Hand sanitizer still very hard to get obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Midnight Monday EST all flights to/from banned UK/IRL.

Is that the US extension you re referring to, or wider ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,609 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

At work Today.
    Few extra customers.
    Some people buying extra pieces nothing major.
    Most people still paying in Cash tough approx over 70%.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Drumpot wrote: »
    If you close pubs and everything but food stores and pharmacy’s there’s not much else people can do.

You didn't see my earlier post re sex toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I'm hearing anecdotes that returnees from Cheltenham are being shunned socially.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Shame Trump is president as if it was Obama or just about anyone else, everyone would just follow the US in banning flights like good little children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Uk's herd immunity sounds more like herd stupidity. Queen cancelled all appointments. Tells you everything.

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1238865934179340294?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Lads anyone working in the supermarkets the last few days should get a bonus. Don't know how they do it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I'm hearing anecdotes that returnees from Cheltenham are being shunned socially.
    Good...complete tits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Wibbs wrote: »
    Because just driving around today I see people in groups, shops pretty packed out and personally know otherwise intelligent people who are going out to pubs and restaurants and don't see how this is an issue. Never mind the moronic scenes of supermarkets being stripped of bogroll and pasta. If that's taking things seriously, we're fcuked.

As moronic as the emptying of shops is, it is the very embodiment of people taking it seriously. Yes I do realise that being in a crowded shop is kind of counter productive but stupid doesn't equal not taking it seriously.

People being out and about, in itself, is not dumb. I brought my kids out earlier.

Most people are taking this seriously. Not everyone but most people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ZX7R wrote: »
    Definitely agree with you.
    Pubs and restaurants first
    Second non essential workforce and reduction in public transport.
    If we can keep infection rate below or near the figures released by the hse, we will be in good shape. But pubs must shut.
    Solicitors and such will probably be asked to keep working properly from home people might not realize that legal matters and sadly deaths papers ECT will need to be completed by a stretched department.

I'll 100% still be working irregardless, work in Illness Benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

amor3 wrote: »
    Does Fergal usually tweet the times of the press conference?

Hes handy to follow because hes probably camped out at HSE hq

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

I cant see fergal bowers name on the news and think teenage mutant ninja turtles, fergal bowers!

NDWC wrote: »
    Lads anyone working in the supermarkets the last few days should get a bonus. Don't know how they do it

Also anyone in pharmacy they are seriously under pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

washman3 wrote: »
    But still allow flights into Dublin Airport from Northern Italy.....!!
    Another due at 9.30 tonight.
    Mind boggling....

Theres no fights from Italy to Dublin or Ireland at all due in tonight. They're all cancelled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

fr336 wrote: »
    Pence confirms UK and Ireland travel ban to US

When are we shutting down the airports here. Because that has to happen immediately. Apart from essential freight, food supplies. Ports also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Trump derangement syndrome is a truly pathetic thing to behold.

Now THAT is an actual made-up illness, unlike Trump's original claim this outbreak was a hoax

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

gmisk wrote: »
    Why would people be buying it?! There are tonnes in supermarkets.
    Hand sanitizer still very hard to get obviously

And toilet roll is not exactly a necessity...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement