Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Ireland need to stop flights to England
    Sounds drastic but I dont see the UK government having the cop on to do what's right.

They have made their decision on letting everyone get it on mass and it will blow up in their faces but Ireland will now suffer for their stupidity.

I'd argue if England had taken the measures Ireland have done so far the US might have not closed the doors on us so soon.

It's not just England that's the problem, it's the UK. We have a land border with the UK measures.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

amber2 wrote: »
    Just heard of a wedding going ahead today in a Kerry town and told by the venue to keep your mouth shut, well over the 100 limit. This is what we are up against.

Edit : don’t know the venue but a couple attending the wedding.

Not surprised at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,545 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Holy F*ck

Is there no end in sight for them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Same as that, just back from Dunnes. Shelves were fully stocked, actually never seen them as full. Plenty of staff about refilling anything left empty and there was a young lad at the self service wiping down the machine after each person used it. I thought that was good. I went to Aldi after for a few bits and I found it suspiciously quiet.

Just back from a lidl. Lots of stock, but they had Aldi bread on the shelves!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tiddles_1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I've been a Pharmacist for 6 years. Never in my life have I seen anything like this. I've banned more patients from the Pharmacy in these last 2 days than I have in the last six years. The abuse my staff and myself have gotten has been frightening.

I've had to adopt a one in one out policy to try and deal with this. Nobody wants you in the Pharmacy for longer than you have to be. But understand we're doing double, triple the volume we normally do on a day. I've worked 40 of the last 72 hours...

For God sake lads be sound to Pharmacy staff.
    I appreciate what you are saying.
    I would always be polite to anyone and I am sure some people are horrible to deal with.

Quick question though, how do you feel about some of the horrendous price gouging which pharmacies have implemented in recent days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

3497 new cases and 175 deaths in Italy. Jesus christ I was expecting a bit of a drop today

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ThePopehimself

baldbear wrote: »
    walshb wrote: »
    Any guess on the number here in Ireland for end of today?[/QUOTE

Another 25? One nurse is in ICU on a ventilator today.

Could you link to that? Or do you have a personal source? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

spookwoman wrote: »

Germany: 4181 infections - 8 deaths
    UK: 1130 deaths - 21 deaths

Hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

statesaver wrote: »
    Has Ireland done that yet ?

And if not, why not ?

I'm not sure how we'd go about closing the land border with Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tiddles_1

gmisk wrote: »
    I appreciate what you are saying.
    I would always be polite to anyone and I am sure some people are horrible to deal with.

Quick question though, how do you feel about some of the horrendous price gouging which pharmacies have implemented in recent days?

Just like to add here these price increases are from the suppliers and manufacturers and being passed onto pharmacies ...

3497 new cases and 175 deaths in Italy. Jesus christ I was expecting a bit of a drop today

God Almighty. Is there no reprieve for them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The sad reality is it will take two weeks or more for the impact of lockdowns to affect the figures.

Expect 10,000 cases a day in Italy before things start to slow down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,783 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

scamalert wrote: »
    what a load of crap.

closing pubs people will hit the stores and it will be 2x xmas sales wise.

seems out of all people theres specific women group that act as fck hysteric.

Just sharing a message of someone's direct experience, dude. Not sure what gender has to do with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Theres a bang of fascism off Boris Johnson's herd immunity approach. Theyre essentially going to allow the old and infirm to die. Northern Ireland border needs to be closed if theyre following that approach.

Amirani wrote: »
    I'm not sure how we'd go about closing the land border with Northern Ireland.
    Plus don't forget how soft that border is.
    I'd prefer if it didn't close I am heading to see my folks in north next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

voluntary wrote: »
    It's a full ban on flights from Sunday. One can only cross the border "on wheels" and only via few dedicated border crossing. All travelers will have 14 days quarantine imposed. No exceptions.

EDIT: Start getting used to living with your mother in law :) The ban may last a good while

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Ah it's OK, she's actually fine. My concern is that she's on medication so I need to find out if she has enough to see her through for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Wow 3500, thats roughly what all of China was reporting at the peak of the epidemic. Italy is now in a lot worse position than Wuhan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Theres a bang of fascism off Boris Johnson's herd immunity approach. Theyre essentially going to allow the old and infirm to die. Northern Ireland border needs to be closed if theyre following that approach.

The UK went full retard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,928 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

What was yesterday's rise? Have the numbers accelerated even further?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

3,500 is crazy.

I genuinely thought (with no real reason for thinking it, mind you) that their cases would stay at no more than around the 2,500 mark per day before petering out. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I’m watching Germany’s situation. If we start getting horror stories from there, I will start to worry.

These upward figure reporting make no sense now. CV is in Europe. It’s in Italy. It’s in Spain. It’s in Uk. It’s in Ireland.

R.I.P to all those who have lost their lives. Let’s hope there is something beyond and their souls are at peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KingBobby

My heart is broken for Italy. Unimaginable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Strazdas wrote: »
    What was yesterday's rise? Have the numbers accelerated even further?

2,800 rise in cases yesterday and 250 deaths.

Around that.

God love them.

We won't be able to cope with these figures.

WORLD / COUNTRIES / ITALY
    Last updated: March 14, 2020, 17:11 GMT

Coronavirus Cases:
    Deaths:
    Recovered:

Tiddles_1 wrote: »
    Just like to add here these price increases are from the suppliers and manufactures and being passed onto pharmacies ...
    Ok that might be some of them....but
    Perfect example...pharmacy in town y'day 3 100ml bottles (plastic travel sprays homemade) of 70 percent ethanol (not hand sanitizer)....28 euro.
    Tell me what you think the pharmacy mark up is on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

YIKES! US to extend coronavirus travel ban to UK and Ireland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51891662

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Fascism ?? No.

Stupidity ? Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I've been a Pharmacist for 6 years. Never in my life have I seen anything like this. I've banned more patients from the Pharmacy in these last 2 days than I have in the last six years. The abuse my staff and myself have gotten has been frightening.

I've had to adopt a one in one out policy to try and deal with this. Nobody wants you in the Pharmacy for longer than you have to be. But understand we're doing double, triple the volume we normally do on a day. I've worked 40 of the last 72 hours...

For God sake lads be sound to Pharmacy staff.

I agree, any chance you could post a box of xanax over to me?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement