Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Necro wrote: »
    Problem is, they'll still come in via Belfast.

I don't think we'll lock our border with NI down - firstly we don't have the manpower, secondly the chaos that might cause could be worse in the long-term than any virus :(

If your team is shipping goals in a game, you make the changes you can change to try and limit the deficiency, you don’t not make changes cause you can’t change your whole team.... Lets do what a good football manager would do and make changes we can control.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

gmisk wrote: »
    I appreciate what you are saying.
    I would always be polite to anyone and I am sure some people are horrible to deal with.

Quick question though, how do you feel about some of the horrendous price gouging which pharmacies have implemented in recent days?

If you're talking about the Hickeys facemask situation then if they're anything like me I've been quoted €2.80 a mask wholesale. I've completely stopped selling them because of the optics. I knew some Facebook ejeit would pick it up and the general public would be foaming at the mouth. For hand sanitizer I haven't been able to source any at all. I've had to do some old school stuff and compounded a batch for a local GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

The British Approach revealed?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,545 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Strazdas wrote: »
    What was yesterday's rise? Have the numbers accelerated even further?

Yesterday
    2,651 new cases and 189 new deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Theres a bang of fascism off Boris Johnson's herd immunity approach. Theyre essentially going to allow the old and infirm to die. Northern Ireland border needs to be closed if theyre following that approach.

The UK went full retard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Downlinz

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1238874796752023552

Horrific stuff, I really hope this is the peak

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

sudzs wrote: »
    YIKES! US to extend coronavirus travel ban to UK and Ireland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51891662

Why yikes? Better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,928 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

2,800 rise in cases yesterday and 250 deaths.

Around that.

Right, an acceleration then.....they haven't peaked yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

WTF, Trump press conference guy calling for prayer.

"Dear God, please don't send us any more viruses, thanking youz".

Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

F**king Hell, shocking figures from Italy. God bless them all.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Strazdas wrote: »
    What was yesterday's rise? Have the numbers accelerated even further?

Yes it was under 3000 new cases yesterday. But the deaths are down, I think it was over 200 deaths yesterday? Might be wrong on that though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

This is the most i've ever seen Pence speak.

I would say Trump has the virus.

Crazy times we live in. People look quite worried in all these press conferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,865 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I am guessing we are going to hit new strict controls in 30 minutes time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

KingBobby wrote: »
    My heart is broken for Italy. Unimaginable.

It's pretty horrendous by the sounds of it. Hearing bits and pieces but I've avoided the **** on social media. However, Italian mates have told me horror stories.

It's probably going to get a bit worse too. Heartbreaking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

We need to go to National lockdown now today. WTF are they waiting for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Why yikes? Better off.

Everything to me seems to be yikes at the moment. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Downlinz wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1238874796752023552

Horrific stuff, I really hope this is the peak

Unlikely to be the peak. Probably another couple of weeks before the effects of the lockdown show in the numbers. Devastating for Italy. So sad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,928 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

wakka12 wrote: »
    Yes it was under 3000 new cases yesterday. But the deaths are down, I think it was over 200 deaths yesterday? Might be wrong on that though

Rise in case numbers is very worrying though.....suggests they haven't hit a peak yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I take it everyone has seen the what's app message going around with a picture of a letter instructing all army personnel to report to barracks with packs for at least 3 days out.
    Fake or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Germany: 4181 infections - 8 deaths
    UK: 1130 deaths - 21 deaths

Hmmm

Are the Germans just doing really well with healthcare, are there other reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

If you're talking about the Hickeys facemask situation then if they're anything like me I've been quoted €2.80 a mask wholesale. I've completely stopped selling them because of the optics. I knew some Facebook ejeit would pick it up and the general public would be foaming at the mouth. For hand sanitizer I haven't been able to source any at all. I've had to do some old school stuff and compounded a batch for a local GP.
    Nope I am talking about a small pharmacy in town.
    28 euro for 3 100ml travel sprays of 70 percent alcohol...homemade.
    It wasn't a Facebook thing either, it was me.
    What do you think the markup is on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Italy reports 3,497 new cases of coronavirus and 175 new deaths, raising total to 21,157 cases and 1,441 dead

• Registered Users Posts: 17,545 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

cjmc wrote: »
    I take it everyone has seen the what's app message going around with a picture of a letter instructing all army personnel to report to barracks with packs for at least 3 days out.

Yeah a hundred times and debunked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭Jenbach110

But its not workiing in Italy, crazy numbers from there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Unbelievable news yesterday - they were looking at releasing prisoners (apparently in a "controlled" manner) due to COVID 19. Something about the rights of the prisoners.
    Do we even do justice anymore in this country? What about the rights of the victims of the thugs who were sent to prison (and you need to do something pretty serious to be put away in this country).
    Oh sure just release them out back into society. Something no other country is considering doing due to the virus by the way, not even the worst hit countries
    This country is a joke sometimes.

The doctors' knowledge of the virus is very limited, not to talk of prison governers. Prisons are not equipped to deal with this emergency. The people to be released are not murderers or drug-barons but minor offenders. They were not sentenced to death but to a term of imprisonment. Punishment for minor crimes is now considered subservient to the survival of humanity.
    But, I suppose, whatever floats your boat. Maybe you think that shoplifters and pickpockets should be executed anyway.
    Look at the bright side. As you now commit speeding or parking offences you are very unlikely to be copped as the Garda Siochana now have more important things to occupy them. But it is always open to you to go to your local garda station, confess the offence and ask to be prosecuted. Just to ensure that the crime doesn't go unpunished, like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

I am guessing we are going to hit new strict controls in 30 minutes time.

If not we need to. This is seriously crazy ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Italy
    11/03/2020 New cases 2313 Deaths 196
    12/03/2020 New cases 2651 Deaths 189

13/03/2020 New cases 2547 Deaths 250
    14/03/2020 New cases 3497 Deaths 175

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Italy A beautiful country and a beautiful people.

Devastated for us all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tiddles_1

gmisk wrote: »
    Ok that might be some of them.
    Perfect example...pharmacy in town y'day 3 100ml bottles (plastic travel sprays homemade) of 70 percent ethanol (not hand sanitizer)....28 euro.
    Tell me what you think the pharmacy mark up is on that?

yeah that is extremely high I was more talking about Masks things like that the Manufacturers and suppliers have hiked up the prices and passed this onto pharmacies. To answer the question before this happened a 500ml bottle of Isopropyl alcohol 99% cost about €10 for a pharmacy to buy in that would mean full mark up and retail price was about €18.45 for 500ml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

And as people have pointed out try to also limit sale of alcohol. Otherwise the alco's will just flood supermarkets so try to restrict those sales aswell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement