Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid-19 Part VII - 169 cases ROI (2 deaths) 45 in NI (as of 15 March) *Read OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭loveall

Some example set to the returners today what with Leo taking a spin up north.

We're here, the remainers working remotely while wondering what just happened to our world, hopefully just like the majority of of us.

I'm looking forward to hearing a leavers story.

As my husband just sang, "Start spreading the news.........."

I'm liking his lyrics.

Any fools out there still think this is just a bad case of the flu?

A lot of people are going to die soon, it's just a question of how many now... and how can we stop our country becoming the next Italy or Spain!

I have to put my hand up and say I was one of those fools, was in Heathrow last month and scoffed at people wearing masks. Complete naivety

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Some posters on here seriously need a good dose of valium.... A small very small percentage of people will get this Virus and a very small percentage of those people unfortunately will die.

Small comfort to those that lose loved ones.

By next week we will max our ICU bed capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 18,928 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

theres actually one at 5:45 surprisingly. Which is worrying

No, I think that's merely in response to the rapidly evolving situation and huge media interest......nothing sinister

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Some posters on here seriously need a good dose of valium.... A small very small percentage of people will get this Virus and a very small percentage of those people unfortunately will die.

What type of people are likely to die?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

sdanseo wrote: »
    Source?

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

People should be contacting their local TDs urging them to put pressure on the Government to drastically upgrade the lockdown. We are all in deep deep ****e.

or if you disagree contact them to not be delaying the inevitable

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Source?

It was posted already, Fergal Bowers tweeted it.

I don't do Twitter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Source?

sauce?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

maebee wrote: »
    I've lived in Co. Clare for the past 35 years and have never heard the term "gannets". What are they please?

Ennis rythming slang for Janets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Joking aside, widespread distribution of Valium would be quite a good idea if we go into full lockdown. Would seriously help with boredom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭Jenbach110

Small comfort to those that lose loved ones.

By next week we will max our ICU bed capacity

Loved ones die every Im afraid. Covid or not

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Re Italy numbers. 21K out of a population of 60m is 0.03% of the population.

I don't know what that means or why I'm posting it. But it might put things into perspective.

Saying that, if we had that percentage we'd be at 1380 cases total.

Italy's mortality rate is almost 7%, there is at the very least about 3x as many cases as that going undected if not up to 6x times as many, so probably about 0.1-0.2% of the Italian population has coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Source?

It's held every day around 6pm. Update given on the infection cases and deaths.

UK holds it at 2pm everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

What, like the small % that's dying in Italy?

If 50% of our population gets this (conservative estimate), and 1% of those people die... (again on the low end of the scale)... that's 24,000 people!

This is not the flu!

This is a once in a generation pandemic event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

namloc1980 wrote: »

On the telly or just rte.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    https://m.20min.ch/ro/news/monde/story/Les-anti-inflammatoires-seraient-un-facteur-aggravant-21615191

News segment from Swiss TV saying avoid ibuprofen as it seems to accelerate the effects of the virus. Stick to paracetamol is their advice.
    Thanks for the heads up, was thinking of getting some, giving it a miss now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Watching tv3. Does that twat who was on newstalk work for the government now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Brianmwalker

Re Italy numbers. 21K out of a population of 60m is 0.03% of the population.

I don't know what that means or why I'm posting it. But it might put things into perspective.

Saying that, if we had that percentage we'd be at 1380 cases total.

Thanks for the perspective. Curious what all these people panicking think is going to happen, stay at home forever? It's called the delay stage for a reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

The outbreak is probably now spreading more in the South of Italy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Grogan's and Anseo pubs in Dublin closed. For those that wouldn't know they're small pubs with big crowds. I'm in Hogan's at the moment (not on the lash) but they're saying every pub is essentially on stand by and expect to be closed sooner rather than later. That info isn't hush-hush nonsense just inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1238865548164898817?s=20

Unsure if it will be the normal one or not considering its the weekend

There wasn't meant to be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Any fools out there still think this is just a bad case of the flu?

A lot of people are going to die soon, it's just a question of how many now... and how can we stop our country becoming the next Italy or Spain!

This points-scoring nonsense drives me nuts. The thread already has a post rate of one every 21 seconds, without the need for this crap adding to it. Obviously, the only people who think this is a flu are trolls on here, who should be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

sudzs wrote: »
    YIKES! US to extend coronavirus travel ban to UK and Ireland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51891662

i would imagine this would push Leo to definitely go into full lockdown mode now...get it under control so we can prove to the US we've got it in hand and save the US multis here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

I think it might be a bit more than a very small percentage but you're right. There's actual panic on this thread. "The government is doing nothing, they need to do....", "We're going to be the next Spain or Italy", "Close everything now" etc.

The government have played a blinder so far for me. Taken decisive action, communicated well and not panicked at any stage. Let them do their job and trust them. They're working on the advice of the finest medical minds in the country. The WHO have praised our response.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭circadian

I think the big jumps in Italy are a result of the staggered lockdown. It was largely confined to the north, they announced a lockdown in those regions and many people headed elsewhere. Then after that the country locked down. Now there's potentially multiple epicentres in the south which is miles off the mark compared to the north in terms of medical capacity.

Here, we really need NI to be on board with an all island strategy. Even if that means restricting movement from britain. Once again Arlene has shown awful judgement and will persevere in the opposite direction out of sheer spite.

The fact that she claims she "needs to trust the science" says it all. She doesn't believe in science. You can't pick and choose what science is correct and what isn't real. If this starts to take hold in NI and they follow the rest of the UK in the herd immunity experiment, then expect violence. Paramilitary groups will without a doubt take any civil unrest as an opportunity to kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

President Trump says he has been tested and expects results within two days
    https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-51886497

Yeah, I wouldn't rate that stupid windbag a top priority either. Good to know their health workers know how to appropriately prioritise.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭d51984

Comet pub in Santry has closed, kitchen worker there has it.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

wazzer1 wrote: »
    There wasn't meant to be one.

They expected a big jump today as they've changed the testing requirements

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement