Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip GP

Options
  • 13-03-2020 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Evening All,

Anyone know of any GP's current taking in new patients?

We are a young couple, new to the area having returned to Ireland from the UK last summer.

We will be long term residents in Leixlip as we in process of getting our permanent home here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Calculator123

Ryevale Medial next to Aldi are quite new and are accepting new patients. Dr. Charlie is a gentleman and fantastic with children.
    https://www.paxad.ie/ryevalemedicalpractice

Glen Easton medical also excellent, long established but possibly not taking new patients. You'd need to call and check. As far as I know they don't do the children's free GP scheme though. Benefit of Glen Easton is they are a member of KDoc out of hours service, which is excellent and has a clinic close by in Celbridge near Tesco. Ryevale Medial are members of a different out of hours scheme which I didn't find as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭2011abc

Ryevale Medial next to Aldi are quite new and are accepting new patients. Dr. Charlie is a gentleman and fantastic with children.
    https://www.paxad.ie/ryevalemedicalpractice

Glen Easton medical also excellent, long established but possibly not taking new patients. You'd need to call and check. As far as I know they don't do the children's free GP scheme though. Benefit of Glen Easton is they are a member of KDoc out of hours service, which is excellent and has a clinic close by in Celbridge near Tesco. Ryevale Medial are members of a different out of hours scheme which I didn't find as good.

KDoc was moved to Naas at one stage (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mickey15ie

Cheers guys will look into both

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Calculator123

2011abc wrote: »
    KDoc was moved to Naas at one stage (?)

Main one is in Naas. But there's one in Celbridge too. More limited hours I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They have space in Celbridge but its not turn up and go like the Naas one; its if you're told to go there.

Historically the bulk of the doctors in this corner of the county didn't take part; however many/most in Leixlip now do and the once Celbridge/Maynooth/Leixlip alternative NKDR is now just Celbridge/Maynooth.

Ironically, the doctors based in the building where Celbridge where KDoc have space are members of NKDR instead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement