Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche charging for child's place during closure.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Zappone and her circus still havent finalised or worked out a plan of how exactly this new scheme/payment would work out for providers and staff. An email was sent out by the dept at 8pm last Friday night basically saying "we're still working on and we dont know when it will be effective".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

May help to explain why she lost her seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    May help to explain why she lost her seat.

She was an absolute waste of a seat let alone one at cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Batholemow Cubbins

Latest from our creche

"So parents the government have failed us again with helping out the childcare industry. They have not come up with the help that they have published in the social media - so I’m afraid that fees need to be still paid up to Friday 3rd April so far and i will see what happens this Wk
    I’ll be keeping you fully informed on the progress
    Keep safe and stay in
    Thanks"
    Just got the following message from our creche in Dublin 15 area...

"Hi parents
    Hope everyone is keeping well and at home safe and sound
    Just to update u on information about the government helping out Creche’s with staff and other expenditures
    We have got no dates when this is to start or when they are going to send out contracts etc to be finalized
    I will put up the date for when you have to stop payments as soon as we know exactly not media rumors
    I’ll be in touch soon"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Pencil Neck

Latest from our creche

"So parents the government have failed us again with helping out the childcare industry. They have not come up with the help that they have published in the social media - so I’m afraid that fees need to be still paid up to Friday 3rd April so far and i will see what happens this Wk
    Keep safe and stay in
    Thanks"

More fool you if you pay that.

• Advertisement

Latest from our creche

Keep safe and stay in
    Thanks"

Do you pay weekly or in arrears? They are asking you to pay up to a date that’s already passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

We've paid in full for March, and last week got confirmation that no fees would be payable from 1 April.

Today we got an email saying that promised government support hadnt materialised, and that they ask anyone who can afford to support them with voluntary contributions should do so. I expect them to ramp up contact soon.

Weve also found that the regular calls weve been getting about payment of fees havent been received by some other parents. It would seem they are targeting those that they deem can afford to keep paying. They can take a jump, they have messed us around at every opportunity since we joined them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Latest from our creche

Keep safe and stay in
    Thanks"

Wow that's some communication..

Whoever that is sees themselves out there as batting for the parents... Some level of arrogance. Has this person detailed where these fees will be spent while the doors are closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Separately, that Zappone is a joke of a minister. Everything she does ends up being a bureaucratic nightmare.

Latest from our creche

Keep safe and stay in
    Thanks"

The govt have failed providers and staff this time but i think its wrong of a provider to be asking parents to pay especially if they are not paying staff for the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

We received zero communication from ours so simply did not pay for April. No issue making partial payment but fcuk the bit of me is paying in full.

Zappone has today sent a letter to providers saying she will have the details of the system soon and wants it back and signed by COB Tuesday.

Zappones plan now with the new scheme is to ram it through on Tuesday. The dept and other agencies in her circus will be drawing up a plan & agreement over the weekend and expect providers to sign up to it on Tuesday. There is no indication for either parents, staff or providers whats going to be in it. It barely gives providers a chance to read it and no chance to seek proper legal advice on whats in it.

neris wrote: »
    Zappones plan now with the new scheme is to ram it through on Tuesday. The dept and other agencies in her circus will be drawing up a plan & agreement over the weekend and expect providers to sign up to it on Tuesday. There is no indication for either parents, staff or providers whats going to be in it. It barely gives providers a chance to read it and no chance to seek proper legal advice on whats in it.

She really is absolutely useless at her job

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

We've paid in full for March, and last week got confirmation that no fees would be payable from 1 April.

Today we got an email saying that promised government support hadnt materialised, and that they ask anyone who can afford to support them with voluntary contributions should do so. I expect them to ramp up contact soon.

Exactly the same here. They have asked parents to voluntarily contribute anything we can. Even €100. Outs is a stand alone Montessori with a toddler room. Operational from 9.30am-1pm 5 days per week. I like them. They are lovely and I like my little teachers who are lovely. We gave them €150 (it’s 400 per month for her in the toddler room). I’m wondering if other parents have given more and hope we are not being tight. But at the end of the day it doesn’t seem right we should be paying for a service that is not being provided....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    Exactly the same here. They have asked parents to voluntarily contribute anything we can. Even €100. Outs is a stand alone Montessori with a toddler room. Operational from 9.30am-1pm 5 days per week. I like them. They are lovely and I like my little teachers who are lovely. We gave them €150 (it’s 400 per month for her in the toddler room). I’m wondering if other parents have given more and hope we are not being tight. But at the end of the day it doesn’t seem right we should be paying for a service that is not being provided....

Ours is a stand alone Montesorri too. A one woman show. All the kids bar my son are on the ECCE scheme. I was charged the ECCE rate and will continue to pay this. They get €7 or something in a universal childcare subsidy for my son.
    My son usually does extra hours but she would not except payment for these.

I don’t mind paying at all. She is so important to me. This is our 4th year with her and second child. We are still getting paid and I basically need her for the next 5 and a bit years.

There are two other Montesorri schools beside me with similar set ups but not sure what the crack is with them now and payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Lizardlegz wrote: »

It seems like you have a better setup than us. The guy that owns the creche does nothing to enamour parents to his service. Theyve cheapened meals, the staff have had to do fundraisers themselves for basic things like toys. Theyre all over communication when looking for money but theres absolute silence whenever we have a question. Its infuriating to hear them go on like some kind of non-profit public service provider looking for voluntary contributions, rather than the commerical profit making enterprise they are. We paid 1080 per month for the first child, with a small discount for the second. Theyre getting what we have to give them, and nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

It seems like you have a better setup than us. The guy that owns the creche does nothing to enamour parents to his service. Theyve cheapened meals, the staff have had to do fundraisers themselves for basic things like toys. Theyre all over communication when looking for money but theres absolute silence whenever we have a question. Its infuriating to hear them go on like some kind of non-profit public service provider looking for voluntary contributions, rather than the commerical profit making enterprise they are. We paid 1080 per month for the first child, with a small discount for the second. Theyre getting what we have to give them, and nothing more.

Yea I’d I’m honest and it were as you say... I prob would’nt pay. But I think it’s a bit of a different set up and the owners are so good. My little one is only in 3 hours a day. But the way they are with the kids and parents are really commendable I have to say.

Everyday even over easter we have been getting updates and activities for the kids to do. I think the teachers must be working from home aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Batholemow Cubbins

Another message from our creche today - thought it might be to wish us happy easter - NOPE - only time she texts us is for one reason, $$$$.

"Hi parents
    I hope everyone is keeping safe and staying home
    Just an update
    So the government is still in talks with ‘this help’ they are going to give Creche’s which is very disappointing.
    The follow point are being put out that they may have it sorted by the 27th of this month , here’s hoping , and they are saying they will backdate funding to 6th April , hopefully, it’s not definite yet but I’ll keep you up to date
    So that means that all Creche fees will be due for every child up to the Wk ending 3rd April , I would appreciate parents cooperation in this matter as I’m trying to keep the staff and Creche up and running so we will be there when everything goes back to normal for all our children that we really miss at the moment.
    Feel free to message me privately if you need more details
    Thanks so much everyone"

Another message from our creche today - thought it might be to wish us happy easter - NOPE - only time she texts us is for one reason, $$$$.

"Hi parents
    I hope everyone is keeping safe and staying home
    Just an update
    So the government is still in talks with ‘this help’ they are going to give Creche’s which is very disappointing.
    The follow point are being put out that they may have it sorted by the 27th of this month , here’s hoping , and they are saying they will backdate funding to 6th April , hopefully, it’s not definite yet but I’ll keep you up to date
    So that means that all Creche fees will be due for every child up to the Wk ending 3rd April , I would appreciate parents cooperation in this matter as I’m trying to keep the staff and Creche up and running so we will be there when everything goes back to normal for all our children that we really miss at the moment.
    Feel free to message me privately if you need more details
    Thanks so much everyone"

So she’s looking for payment up to a date Over a week ago that’s before when she expects the government funding to be backdated to? It hardly sounds outrageous to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I still fail to see why people are entertaining this crap. anything other than a refund for the service not provided is just wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

salmocab wrote: »
    So she’s looking for payment up to a date Over a week ago that’s before when she expects the government funding to be backdated to? It hardly sounds outrageous to be fair.

It is outrageous. The government have confirmed they will be paying staff. What exactly is she looking for the money for ? What other industries are demanding people pay ? Does she think their should be no risk associated with owning a business?

It is outrageous. The government have confirmed they will be paying staff. What exactly is she looking for the money for ? What other industries are demanding people pay ? Does she think their should be no risk associated with owning a business?

For the weeks the government aren’t paying for I presume. Most of these service providers are paid in advance so most people would have paid for March already. She’s asking for payment if the poster isn’t happy to pay they should contact her and say so.

Just saw in the paper this morning, under the new deal a crèche cannot ask for voluntary contributions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Millem wrote: »
    Just saw in the paper this morning, under the new deal a crèche cannot ask for voluntary contributions.

Does it mention the start date of the scheme?

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Does it mention the start date of the scheme?

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/childcare-pay-to-be-funded-up-to-586-a-week-in-new-creche-bailout-39131858.html

I think it is the 6th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

That's the key point there for me anyway, once kids were registered before the 12th of march places must be retained.

That's the key point there for me anyway, once kids were registered before the 12th of march places must be retained.

If the crèche has signed up for the scheme, it seems most will have anyway which is good.

salmocab wrote: »
    If the crèche has signed up for the scheme, it seems most will have anyway which is good.

If crèche doesn’t sign up......do they still get the ecce fees from the government?

• Advertisement

Millem wrote: »
    If crèche doesn’t sign up......do they still get the ecce fees from the government?

Wouldn’t think so, I understand that that’s stopping for all but they left it in place a bit longer than planned to give time to sort out zappones plan

Advertisement