Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland UK - Friday Evening Transfer

Options
  • 13-03-2020 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I transferred money from my UK (Northern Irish) BOI account to a First Trust account based in Northern Ireland.  

This transfer was initiated this evening at 6pm, will the money be in the other person's account by tomorrow or do I have to wait until Monday?  

I am actually hoping this information on the BOI website is 15 years out of date and it will take place tomorrow.  Please reassure me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

If the payment was made after 4:30pm, the funds may not be received in the beneficiaries account until the following working day.

For more information on the features of a BOI Current Account please click here. https://www.bankofirelanduk.com/online-banking/mobile-banking/#panel1

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gr1980

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

If the payment was made after 4:30pm, the funds may not be received in the beneficiaries account until the following working day.

For more information on the features of a BOI Current Account please click here.

Thanks, Aisling

Dear Aisling - will the transfer take place today i.e. Saturday?

There is no link to click in your message.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gr1980

Hi Aisling, 

I see you edited your message after I posted my message.

As you well know, the BOI mobile app is over 2 years out of date, as such it doesn't work on my phone.

Could you please give me a yes / no answer to my question - will the transfer take place today i.e. Saturday?

So we are perfectly clear, neither of us use a business account.  

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi gr1980,

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for the delay in responding.

As Saturday would have been a non-working day, the transfer would not have taken place until the next working day.

Many thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement