Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can we survive without sport?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Actually might need to get a couple of ps4 games when I hit the shops, haven’t bought new games in about 2 years... might help alleviate the boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

briany wrote: »
    Charades.

Film.
    One word.

rOxXCZdBmyrv.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

And I have not watched my Wrong Way Round Charley Boorman / Ewen McGregor DVD in about ten years.

Just finished watching it, hadn't seen it in years and forgotten most of it. A truly incredible adventure, I dream of recreating their journey on a touring bike :P

Revisiting Long Way Down tonight, then Charley Boormans By Any Means, love those shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Strumms wrote: »
    Actually might need to get a couple of ps4 games when I hit the shops, haven’t bought new games in about 2 years... might help alleviate the boredom.

I’d gladly sacrifice ray treacy for some ray tracing right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Don’t you need a computer worth about 5 grand to run one of them?

I got one at Christmas for 400€. Its a great job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Fitness/exercise, especially cardio to help increase your lung capacity.

Must be a few Yoga videos on Youtube to help increase your flexibility too.

Meditation.

Reading.
    Maybe finding the paperback books of your favourite films and reading them.

Fashioning crude weapons and securing your doors and windows for the breakdown of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Greyfox wrote: »
    Lots of great movies and tv series you haven't seen yet

Contagion, Walking Dead, 28 Days Later...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,919 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Achasanai

I’m borrowing a dog and going for a hike up the mountains.

Where do you borrow a dog? From a neighbour or sign up online?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Fear not, the Russian Premier League is still up and running.
    A dodgy stream somewhere will get you Zenit v Ural at 1.30pm with Arsenal Tila v Rubin Kazan rounding off a super Saturday this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms already and we're only a few days in. Almost everything cancelled. Stuck in the house all day and no sport on TV.

Might have to start watching re runs of epic sporting events.

Anyone recommend anything?

Do something else ..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've been surviving without sport for well over a decade now. Easily done.

I've also unknowingly being planning for something like this. Everyone laughing at me as I am a shut in gamer in my 30's. Who's laughing now?! MUAHAHAHAH! Locked indoors for weeks at a time is a gamers dream!

You could get a hurley and sliotar and relive your childhood by hopping the sliotar off the side of the house for a few hours a day. If there's anyone else in the house, they'll be overjoyed with the dull thud heard and reverberated throughout the house with each contact of the sliotar on the wall.

Fear not, the Russian Premier League is still up and running.
    A dodgy stream somewhere will get you Zenit v Ural at 1.30pm with Arsenal Tila v Rubin Kazan rounding off a super Saturday this evening

It’s all going off in South America too plenty action for fans of Liverpool (Fùtbol Club) and Everton (de Viña del Mar). Might be an Arsenal or two in there and all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

There's friends of mine who do nothing every weekend only watch sports, I've always thought you'd have to be lazy/slightly retarded/boring/souless/socially impotent wannabees or just one useless bollox to give your life over to sport on your days off, find a hobby or go for a walk or do something but waste away on the couch or pub taking part in WhatsApp groups fantasizing about one team beating another, i just don't get it but each to their own i suppose

Football Focus is still on

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Grueller Baby

Choke the chicken

SPORTS-STADIUM-21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭briany

How will we be able to go on without knowing whether the titans of Ipswitch will triumph over the giants of Portsmouth in a game that could only be described as 'on this weekend'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Just finished watching it, hadn't seen it in years and forgotten most of it. A truly incredible adventure, I dream of recreating their journey on a touring bike :P

Revisiting Long Way Down tonight, then Charley Boormans By Any Means, love those shows.
    Let me know if Long Way Down and By Any Means are a good watch. I might buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Buy a huge bag of cans and crack one open good and early.

• Advertisement

It’s a disaster, I’ve also been reduced to doing my accumulator on the national league (what used to be the conference) which is still running in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Do something else ..

Great advice there..

Currently watching Ali vs Foreman, rumble in the jungle.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Buy a huge bag of cans and crack one open good and early.

Not gonna take advice from some fool back from Cheltenham if you don’t mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Let me know if Long Way Down and By Any Means are a good watch. I might buy.

Saw them before and enjoyed both, Boorman actually did 2 By Any Means trips (as well as Race to Dakar), but Long Way Round is the best of them all IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

There's friends of mine who do nothing every weekend only watch sports, I've always thought you'd have to be lazy/slightly retarded/boring/souless/socially impotent wannabees or just one useless bollox to give your life over to sport on your days off, find a hobby or go for a walk or do something but waste away on the couch or pub taking part in WhatsApp groups fantasizing about one team beating another, i just don't get it but each to their own i suppose

I'm the opposite, I can't understand how people grow up and never play a sport or get involved in sporting organisations.

What would you do in your spare time?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

I'm the opposite, I can't understand how people grow up and never play a sport or get involved in sporting organisations.

Ive played senior football, rugby and i used to play a lot of racquet ball, i still swim and gym regularly, i just cant sit down and watch sport, it seems like a wasted couple of hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

You could get a hurley and sliotar and relive your childhood by hopping the sliotar off the side of the house for a few hours a day. If there's anyone else in the house, they'll be overjoyed with the dull thud heard and reverberated throughout the house with each contact of the sliotar on the wall.

We had a basketball hoop on a side wall. My mother - a good basketball player in her day - spent hours one afternoon trying to teach me and my friends the most effective way of throwing because she was fucking sick of that dull thud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

I'd say there'll be an unprecedented number of new babies in about nine or ten months time.

I also think there must be a lot of worried women around the country who while outwardly complaining, are secretly delighted their husbands are kept occupied by sports.

Did the GAA not cancel everything? One senior team and one juvenile team from my local club were training this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Read,
    Write,
    Paint,
    Learn to play a musical instrument,
    Carpentry,
    Watch films/shows,
    Play boardgames,
    Go for a hike,
    Do something crafty and productive,
    Learn a new language or skill,
    Do a college course,
    Photography,
    Etc.

Limiting oneself to one hobby/pursuit is very limiting and a recipe for disappointment. It is a big world out there, full of a wide host of hobbies and activities... Go explore it!

Advertisement