Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards teachers willing to help LC students during shutdown

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Lc2020

Tristan_ wrote: »
    Fact of the matter is I do not care what happens, if the predicted grade system is used I won't get my course but for god's sake this situation is much more important than the leaving cert

Give over

I find it hard to believe that a student couldn't care less about what happens. Perhaps you may have the means to repeat and that's fantastic for you, but I won't allow anyone to belittle our plight.

Following your logic, Ireland has of late been suffering from a housing/homeless crisis. As these situations are much more important than the LC I'd expect you to practice what you preach when this pandemic is over and not speak about the leaving cert. But of course you won't. You're talking crap and you know it.

You think that a whole heap of 17-18 year olds are just going to drop dead from stress over the LC? And you are comparing it to the ever increasing death toll from corona virus. That's one of the most self absorbed posts I've ever read on boards, and I've seen a lot of crap posted over the years.

Just a word of advice for the xenophobe,

don't ever tell someone what language they should speak. If you were to do that on the streets of Dublin you'd rightly be called up on such reprehensible behaviour. As a teacher you should know much better.

That is not what Rainbow trout is doing. You are using hyperbole to try force agreement with a flawed argument.

Is that so? I ask you to consider things from a sixth year's perspective. With so much uncertainty it is a completely accurate assertion to make. It is not hyperbole, it's the dark reality. Students' minds have been put to ease all around the globe, yet Irish students are made suffer such torment for months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Lc2020 wrote: »
    Is that so? I ask you to consider things from a sixth year's perspective. With so much uncertainty it is a completely accurate assertion to make. It is not hyperbole, it's the dark reality. Students' minds have been put to ease all around the globe, yet Irish students are made suffer such torment for months.
    Did you ever read the poetry of Adrian Mole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

So whatcha gonna do?

The worst outcome if you keep studying as normal is that you might learn something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

24 hours ago you told another member of Boards to "Va te faire" and were banned for a (very lenient) 24 hours as a result of that abuse.

24 hours later you return and immediately call the same poster a xenophobe because she pointed out to you that Boards has a policy that English is the working language except in special circumstances.

In PM to me, you proceeded to rant about the "racism" of this, despite the fact that it is simply a mechanism to ensure that there is a common language for communication, and I explained this to you last night.

Despite this, as soon as you return, you revert to this nonsense, call RBT a xenophobe, and make vaguely threatening statements about what would happen to her on the streets of Dublin if she dared to tell anyone what language they could speak ... on Boards presumably, though ofc you're ignoring that bit as usual because it doesn't suit your agenda. Just as you ignore everything else which doesn't suit your agenda.

This took you about an hour after your ban was lifted.

Leniency obviously doesn't work with you, and I seldom make the same mistake twice.

Banned for two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Just a word of advice for the xenophobe,

don't ever tell someone what language they should speak. If you were to do that on the streets of Dublin you'd rightly be called up on such reprehensible behaviour. As a teacher you should know much better.

Aside from the personal abuse, which has been reported, boards is a private entity and therefore can set its own policies. One of those is that posters post in English. You are a disgrace if you think you can come on here spouting bile night after night abusing other posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

UCD has videos for the LC maths course topics
    https://www.ucd.ie/msc/leavingcertificatevideos/

Advertisement