Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virgin media wall outlet for broadband

• 14-03-2020 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    I rang VM to ask about getting broadband in my apartment. I have not had it before but the customer support person said I should have a white box as my address had been active in the past (maybe a previous tenant etc)

All I can see is this cable coming directly from the wall - no white box though - is the right cable for me to plug in and self install my broadband or do I need a technician to put in a white box and a new outlet does anyone know? The customer service rep said if I wasn't sure to just get a technician but ideally I would like to set it up myself if it's ready to go as it will be quicker.

Here is a picture

Thanks a lot and sorry if it is a stupid question (have only had mobile broadband up to now!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

Hi guys
    I rang VM to ask about getting broadband in my apartment. I have not had it before but the customer support person said I should have a white box as my address had been active in the past (maybe a previous tenant etc)

All I can see is this cable coming directly from the wall - no white box though - is the right cable for me to plug in and self install my broadband or do I need a technician to put in a white box and a new outlet does anyone know? The customer service rep said if I wasn't sure to just get a technician but ideally I would like to set it up myself if it's ready to go as it will be quicker.

Here is a picture

Thanks a lot and sorry if it is a stupid question (have only had mobile broadband up to now!)

I should look like the box on the link https://www.virginmedia.com/help/installing-virgin-media

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hi guys

Here is a picture

It could be, or it could be a sat feed.

If this is an apartment check with a neighbour. If its not then you're probably ok to self install as they can always send the tech later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thanks a lot guys - might chance the self install and can always call an engineer out if it doesn't work I guess!

(yes it's an apartment so I don't have neighbours :D:P:P)

Advertisement