Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light switch not working

Options
  • 14-03-2020 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

I have a couple of these in sun room, not the exact same as these but very similar

https://www.universal-lighting.co.uk/products/fantasia-balaire-combi-42-inch-ceiling-fan-light-kit-polished-brass/

So you have two pull strings, one to turn on/off lights and one to turn on/off fan

The ligth switch one, if you turn off light, then you might have to pull it 10 times before it will turn on the light. WHen oyou pull to turn on the light it will flick the bulb as it going on, make a click and then turn off

Any idea if easy fix? or what I would need to fix it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

Anything pull-cord usually gives trouble

Might be possible to bypass it and use wallswitch to control light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Syncpolice wrote: »
    Anything pull-cord usually gives trouble

Might be possible to bypass it and use wallswitch to control light

Have wall switch, which turns on/off but then you can turn off at the light

Kids always messaging with the pull switch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Also light has fan, its in sunroom....so when you want to turn on the fan during the day you will end up turning on light as well]

I wonder is it easy to fix?

Advertisement