Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Andrew76 wrote: »
    It is indeed. Just a shame Redd does not turn up more often though, like every day would be nice. :D

I hate how empty my art gallery is. I've one Monet painting, well done Dave :pac:

Without sounding entitled I think Nintendo needs to patch the game to have Redd be a little more frequent with his visits. Unless it's deliberate and expects you'll be playing the game for fcking years anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

I hate how empty my art gallery is. I've one Monet painting, well done Dave :pac:

Without sounding entitled I think Nintendo needs to patch the game to have Redd be a little more frequent with his visits. Unless it's deliberate and expects you'll be playing the game for fcking years anyway :pac:

I don't think you sound entitled at all. It's quite frustrating that they've introduced a new mechanic (art) and Redd only comes and deals two to three times a month. Plus it's not guaranteed he'll always have the real ones for the museum. Another thing that peeves me off (but it's not the worst!) is that Redd doesn't give you the object immediately. You have to wait the following day and I'm sometimes convinced he'll send a forgery instead. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

tbahh wrote: »
    I don't think you sound entitled at all. It's quite frustrating that they've introduced a new mechanic (art) and Redd only comes and deals two to three times a month. Plus it's not guaranteed he'll always have the real ones for the museum. Another thing that peeves me off (but it's not the worst!) is that Redd doesn't give you the object immediately. You have to wait the following day and I'm sometimes convinced he'll send a forgery instead. :D

And then on top of waiting a day to receive the painting from Redd, once you hand it over to Blathers you have to wait another day to see the bloody thing displayed.

They should give us better reason to have a look around the museum more often - not sure about anyone else but for me the museum is just a place I get fossils assessed and donated the rare occasion it's something new. I don't actually go in and look around anymore - I would if the art was more frequent or they had more events like this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Someone did the math, and even with Redd visiting every week and bringing one guaranteed real piece of art (he can bring all fakes sometimes), it would take up to 3 years to complete the art section of the museum as he can still bring duplicates... :confused:

Edit: I found the post if anyone wants to see more - https://old.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/gku4al/has_anyone_else_only_seen_redd_once/fqtwdza/

And then on top of waiting a day to receive the painting from Redd, once you hand it over to Blathers you have to wait another day to see the bloody thing displayed.

They should give us better reason to have a look around the museum more often - not sure about anyone else but for me the museum is just a place I get fossils assessed and donated the rare occasion it's something new. I don't actually go in and look around anymore - I would if the art was more frequent or they had more events like this morning.

Yeah, it's quite sluggish compared to the other parts of the museum where they can be filled quite quickly, especially fossils. I'd rather see different expansions to the museums every couple of months. I'd love a video-game part where you collect games from Nintendo's past and then can play them in-game. It would be cool to collect figurines too, like Mario et al, and give a brief history of them. It might sound a bit conceited to show off other game series but it'd be like free advertising in a way.

I really do appreciate what they have done with the new layout of the museum, but what you need to collect has basically remained the same since Wild World. I have never played the original but presume it's similar.

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    Someone did the math, and even with Redd visiting every week and bringing one guaranteed real piece of art (he can bring all fakes sometimes), it would take up to 3 years to complete the art section of the museum as he can still bring duplicates... :confused:

I'm guessing those folks you see on YT with full art collections the day the feature was released must be time travelling like scoundrels. That or Nintendo send them all the items.
    Yeah, it's quite sluggish compared to the other parts of the museum where they can be filled quite quickly, especially fossils. I'd rather see different expansions to the museums every couple of months. I'd love a video-game part where you collect games from Nintendo's past and then can play them in-game. It would be cool to collect figurines too, like Mario et al, and give a brief history of them. It might sound a bit conceited to show off other game series but it'd be like free advertising in a way.

I really do appreciate what they have done with the new layout of the museum, but what you need to collect has basically remained the same since Wild World. I have never played the original but presume it's similar.

Different museum expansions would be fantastic! Once they don't drag out the collecting like the art ofc. It would be fun if they expanded on the background of the NPCs or introduced more story around them, their own houses you could visit or whatever. I also want my own boat and airplane to visit other islands in real time. Preferrably without having to pay for DLC (or not pay too much). I don't ask for much. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Hey all, O'Hare is crafting a gold screen-wall today, gates are open if anyone wants to stop by.

Also have the following DIYs:

Raccoon Figurine x 2
    Simple DIY workbench
    Light Bamboo rug x 2
    Classic Pitcher
    Log stakes
    Ironwood table
    Wooden simple bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Is there ever gonna be a day where Timmy and Tommy will put something on the hot item list that doesn't require a ton of wood to craft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Is there ever gonna be a day where Timmy and Tommy will put something on the hot item list that doesn't require a ton of wood to craft?

I had a barbell yesterday, sold for 15'000. Made a few of them but then I needed 15 iron nuggets today to set up my first campsite.

Yeah hot items that need wood aren't the problem, have tons of the stuff. It's when they want iron it puts me off wasting it for a few extra bells. Also, 100k for a silver briefcase? The Nook's are trolling me at this stage. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Yeah hot items that need wood aren't the problem, have tons of the stuff. It's when they want iron it puts me off wasting it for a few extra bells. Also, 100k for a silver briefcase? The Nook's are trolling me at this stage. :D

Ah but did you open the briefcase? It’s full of money! I really want one of them

Celeste is here! And she won't give me a recipe!

Will open a bit later and maybe others will have a better chance!

One of my neighbours told me there's possibly a meteor shower tonight

Celeste is here! And she won't give me a recipe!

Will open a bit later and maybe others will have a better chance!

Oh! I wonder does that mean there’s only a certain amount of recipes and you have them all?

Oh! I wonder does that mean there’s only a certain amount of recipes and you have them all?

I have 5 recipes, I'm pretty sure there's a lot more than that. Perhaps is because I spoke to her on another island a couple of days ago?

I have 5 recipes, I'm pretty sure there's a lot more than that. Perhaps is because I spoke to her on another island a couple of days ago?

Yes there’s loads more than that. 2 things I can think of - is your inventory full? You can only get 1 recipe every 24 hours. Apart from that I can’t understand.

Yes there’s loads more than that. 2 things I can think of - is your inventory full? You can only get 1 recipe every 24 hours. Apart from that I can’t understand.

Very clever of you, it was the former! She should mention something telling me that I have a full inventory haha.

She has given me Galaxy flooring.

Very clever of you, it was the former! She should mention something telling me that I have a full inventory haha.

She has given me Galaxy flooring.

A-ha! I must put my detective outfit back on :)
    Ooh! That floor sounds nice. I’ll pop over when you open if that’s ok?

What's the usual rate of shooting stars? Tonight is my first time seeing any and I'm at 32 in the last 10 minutes

What's the usual rate of shooting stars? Tonight is my first time seeing any and I'm at 32 in the last 10 minutes

Wow! That’s loads! It can vary wildly. Sometimes only 1 or 2 every 5 mins, sometimes loads like you.

• Advertisement

Wow! That’s loads! It can vary wildly. Sometimes only 1 or 2 every 5 mins, sometimes loads like you.

I only know the count because of the miles I received. Another 20 or so since that post.

Would anyone be interested in me opening my island to get some?

I only know the count because of the miles I received. Another 20 or so since that post.

Would anyone be interested in me opening my island to get some?

Sure, I’d love to come over for a visit

Sure, I’d love to come over for a visit

There's absolutely nothing to see island wise haha, I'm only 8-9 days in

Code is 414S1 for anyone wanting to see the meteor shower.

Ah but did you open the briefcase? It’s full of money! I really want one of them

I just came online to post the same thing - just placed the briefcase in my study room and opened it - full of cash!! :cool: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Paso Fino wrote: »
    Hey all, O'Hare is crafting a gold screen-wall today, gates are open if anyone wants to stop by.

Also have the following DIYs:

Raccoon Figurine x 2
    Simple DIY workbench
    Light Bamboo rug x 2
    Classic Pitcher
    Log stakes
    Ironwood table
    Wooden simple bed

I'd love the raccoon recipe please!

For anyone coming to my island, welcome. I haven't got the Nintendo chat app yet but will do it now, typing on the switch is a nightmare. The meteors are still coming every few seconds. Celeste was walking around a few minutes ago

Sweet Jesus it’s laborious buying stuff from Leif. Never pressed the B button in any game as much as I do in this. :D

Sweet Jesus it’s laborious buying stuff from Leif. Never pressed the B button in any game as much as I do in this. :D

Yes! And the handover of cash for items takes ages. Saharah is as bad

• Advertisement

For anyone coming to my island, welcome. I haven't got the Nintendo chat app yet but will do it now, typing on the switch is a nightmare. The meteors are still coming every few seconds. Celeste was walking around a few minutes ago

On way now!

I see that Celeste is on your island too. She's on mine, just no shooting stars for me! If people still want me to open after, I don't mind :D

Advertisement