Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Paso Fino wrote: »
    For wasps, try standing in front of the tree while holding your net and shake it. Your character will turn to face the nest when it falls. Makes life a lot easier!

My favourite wasp avoiding tactic is just to leg it into the museum. Works if the run is fairly straight forward

Mrs Dodge keeps the party poppers in her hand when shaking trees and just blasts them

To catch them my favoured technique is the run a little (B button for speed) and then turn to catch them

yeah now that i know they can and will chase you anywhere outdoors, running inside might be an idea.

i stuck my neighbours and museum off the far side from my own house. saw some layouts that looked like proper villages and kinda wish i'd laid it out differently now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

bluewolf wrote: »
    yeah now that i know they can and will chase you anywhere outdoors, running inside might be an idea.

i stuck my neighbours and museum off the far side from my own house. saw some layouts that looked like proper villages and kinda wish i'd laid it out differently now!

You can move everything later apart from Resident Services. I think we all wish we'd laid out stuff differently at the start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I quite like my layout now. I moved my house to the top of the island so I have my own plateau to garden.
    Most of my resident houses are backed by a cliff and all separated by hedges.
    I have little islands in my river at most crossing points so I can just hop over without using the pole (I got that tip from Damo). :)

I have lots of random trees that I'd like to reorganise though.

Mr E wrote: »
    I quite like my layout now. I moved my house to the top of the island so I have my own plateau to garden.
    I have little islands in my river at most crossing points so I can just hop over without using the pole (I got that tip from Damo). :)

Yeah trees are a big one. Isabelle keeps telling me all my residents are worried about getting lost in the trees and missing their favourite tv shows :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr E wrote: »

If you have terraforming then you can just build your own land bridge and cut out the jumping if you prefer. With the trees, if you just want to relocate them then you can eat fruit and dig them up untouched with the shovel - so no need to chop them down, dig up the stump, buy sapling, re-plant and wait days. Feck that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah I like the rivers in fairness. Better than lots of little lakes.

Yep I know about digging trees, thanks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Does anyone have any tips for catching better fish? I can't count how many black bass, sea bass, loaches, daces, and seahorses I've found. All I do is drop the line and hope for the best. Is there more to it? I've tried bait, but I think it's only good for if you want to be lazy, as it's only really attracted the same fish for me.

I'm aware the fish are seasonal, but surely there are more fish than the ones I've caught?

Does anyone have any tips for catching better fish? I can't count how many black bass, sea bass, loaches, daces, and seahorses I've found. All I do is drop the line and hope for the best. Is there more to it? I've tried bait, but I think it's only good for if you want to be lazy, as it's only really attracted the same fish for me.

I'm aware the fish are seasonal, but surely there are more fish than the ones I've caught?

i caught over 100 fish yesterday (nookmiles tracker) and got snapping turtles, red snapper, and an angelfish... i think i was googling the turtle and it's a night time "fish". this was from 10pm+
    i did catch an awful lot of the ones you mentioned as well! guess it's night time plus numbers game... that's my guess anyway. total expert 1 day player

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Don't some fish also require it to be raining to catch them? And others can only be caught a river mouth? Not sure.

I'm not that big into the fishing tbh, although I would like to get that cast master acheivement.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Don't some fish also require it to be raining to catch them? And others can only be caught a river mouth? Not sure.

I'm not that big into the fishing tbh, although I would like to get that cast master acheivement.

Mind you, it rarely rains on my game, and I never think of fishing during the night because I'm usually ready to fall asleep around that time, and don't usually do much in the game bar sit around :pac:

In other words I should probably make more of an effort on rainy days at night time. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Andrew76 wrote: »

The Coelecanth can only be caught in the rain, I managed to grab one the other day. They sell for 15k

The Coelecanth can only be caught in the rain, I managed to grab one the other day. They sell for 15k

Yummy. I could really do with a few of them on my game :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

i caught over 100 fish yesterday (nookmiles tracker) and got snapping turtles, red snapper, and an angelfish... i think i was googling the turtle and it's a night time "fish". this was from 10pm+
    i did catch an awful lot of the ones you mentioned as well! guess it's night time plus numbers game... that's my guess anyway. total expert 1 day player

Those turtles are a great money spinner, IF you're willing to stay up a bit later to farm them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

Redd on my island today and it looks like he has three genuine artefacts, only the wistful one is fake. I'm not sure if I'm in a statue or painting mood but will decide later!

Will open island to others later for those who want to snatch the rest, ladder required. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

That feeling when you forget to fully pay off your incline x.x a day wasted!

Redd is on my island selling the strutting man painting which I believe is always real, but I already have it.
    The rest are fakes. Would someone like to have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

Nooks Cranny is finally being upgraded tomorrow on my island. Kicks is here AGAIN. I swear I see him at least three times a week

Nooks Cranny is finally being upgraded tomorrow on my island. Kicks is here AGAIN. I swear I see him at least three times a week

Actually on that, I read this article this morning: https://www.polygon.com/2020/5/18/21262571/redd-spawn-rates-animal-crossing-culture-fans-art-dealer-forgeries
    Players will see Leif, Kicks, and Saharah every week. There are two days a week where none of them appear; those days will be randomly filled with Flick, CJ, Gulliver, Label, or Redd. So while some players might not see Redd for a while, others might have bought something from his ship recently — and are instead hurting to see a different NPC.

In addition, according to Ninji, there’s a “bad luck” mechanic: If you don’t see one of the five special visitors, they will be given priority in the following week. With that in mind, after Redd’s first guaranteed visit, players should be seeing him fairly regularly in the long term. However, since he’s so new — and much more interesting than Gulliver — it might be frustrating to wait for him at all. But maybe that’s appropriate: Redd, shady fellow that he is, shows up when he likes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

There's a nook miles achievement for catching 5 wasps in a day without getting stung. I am very achievements oriented! So keep the net out while shaking.

I caught 2 more snappy turtles last night but I keep them as pets! I have one already with a lil house and litter tray and a cat tower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Bah. I'd appreciate an update where two visitors can be on the island at the same time wit each one appearing twice a week.

That said, if they were crowding the island, you'd get tired of them pretty quickly. Maybe just Redd twice a week.

• Advertisement

There's a nook miles achievement for catching 5 wasps in a day without getting stung. I am very achievements oriented! So keep the net out while shaking.

I caught 2 more snappy turtles last night but I keep them as pets! I have one already with a lil house and litter tray and a cat tower.

i was wondering about if you could do more than sell them! i must look at that after my house expansion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

Rhyme wrote: »
    Bah. I'd appreciate an update where two visitors can be on the island at the same time wit each one appearing twice a week.

That said, if they were crowding the island, you'd get tired of them pretty quickly. Maybe just Redd twice a week.

I had three visitors yesterday: CJ, Celeste and Wisp.
    But that means the rest of the week will be one visit each.

I think there should be one stationary (one in the square or Redd) and one roaming visitor everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

tbahh wrote: »
    Redd on my island today and it looks like he has three genuine artefacts, only the wistful one is fake. I'm not sure if I'm in a statue or painting mood but will decide later!

Will open island to others later for those who want to snatch the rest, ladder required. :)
    /\/ollog wrote: »
    That feeling when you forget to fully pay off your incline x.x a day wasted!

Redd is on my island selling the strutting man painting which I believe is always real, but I already have it.
    The rest are fakes. Would someone like to have it?

Any real art left or have I missed the boat? (both literally and metaphorically :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

i was wondering about if you could do more than sell them! i must look at that after my house expansion

Any other fish or bugs, when you place them will just be in their tank or bug box. The tanks can be nice in your house, they light up.

But the snappy turtle just sits out and when you pet him he hisses and bites you :pac:

Mind you, it rarely rains on my game, and I never think of fishing during the night because I'm usually ready to fall asleep around that time, and don't usually do much in the game bar sit around :pac:

In other words I should probably make more of an effort on rainy days at night time. :D

lunchtime rain catches in the sea:
    knifejaw and oar-fish

tbahh wrote: »
    I had three visitors yesterday: CJ, Celeste and Wisp.
    But that means the rest of the week will be one visit each.

I think there should be one stationary (one in the square or Redd) and one roaming visitor everyday.

yeaht those rules don't seem to apply to Celeste or Wisp. I've had Celeste once and Wisp twice I think.

RedRochey wrote: »
    Any real art left or have I missed the boat? (both literally and metaphorically :D)

It's this one:
    https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Moody_painting
    The moody painting. I'll open with a dodo code if you want it - required a ladder because I forgot to finish the ramp yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

/\/ollog wrote: »
    It's this one:
    https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Moody_painting
    The moody painting. I'll open with a dodo code if you want it - required a ladder because I forgot to finish the ramp yesterday...

Ya I can pop over now if that suits? Want anything?

RedRochey wrote: »
    Ya I can pop over now if that suits? Want anything?

I would never say no to a bit of cataloguing but nothing in particular thanks.

I'm mid re-arange, it's tough.
    I dug up a flower to give you but you can only plant them :/

• Advertisement

Cataloguing is where you pick up and then drop items belonging to others. You can then go to your Nook Shopping and they appear in your catalogue to order.

I only seen this response now. Thanks!

Advertisement