Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The Museum is worth the wait! It's beautiful, and really relaxing to just wander around, seeing everything you've donated in the gorgeous display areas they have.

Once it's open, if you're looking for a resident, and can't find them outside or in their house, they're probably in there admiring it too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

If the museum were a real building, I'd be spending a lot of time in it. Almost have all the fossils at this stage, the T-Rex skull being a big missing item. The fish and bugs can be ticked off one by one and, if needs be, I can always time travel if I'm missing something that won't come around for another year. I would seriously pay 50k+ for the hard to find fish from March though, Stringfish and Sturgeon defeated me.

I would like too if the camera would stay in the low position while I moved, with balloons turning up every few minutes now during the Bunny Day events, I have to move, stop, turn the camera up, look and then move again. Granted the shadow is usually a good giveaway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got a jewel beetle very happy to have gotten one so early in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Anyone know if I have to invite my first camper? Jaques has been there for 3 days straight now n I'm trying to avoid him..... Cant unlock the amibo function til I move in a camper but really dont want it to be him!

Can I get friends come to my tent and invite him to their town, like in New Leaf??

Anyone know if I have to invite my first camper? Jaques has been there for 3 days straight now n I'm trying to avoid him..... Cant unlock the amibo function til I move in a camper but really dont want it to be him!

Can I get friends come to my tent and invite him to their town, like in New Leaf??

The camping area fills up on its own and, as far as I know, if you don't talk to them, they eventually go away. If you chat to them a lot, get to know them, they talk about staying.

• Advertisement

I took my first one Olaf have scanned amiibo since with none of them staying

Further googling tells me you have to accept your first camper! I'll be complaining him to Isabelle til he moves back out... urgh!

Think for the amibos you have to ask them 3 days in a row n make the projects they ask you to...

I'll be complaining him to Isabelle til he moves back out... urgh!

You be nice to that sweet little doggie-lady.

...that said, I have a lurid pink squirrel who has, so far, pissed off two other islanders and I think they'll have to go. They spoiled the ending of a book for one of them, that's a crime.

Rhyme wrote: »
    You be nice to that sweet little doggie-lady.

...that said, I have a lurid pink squirrel who has, so far, pissed off two other islanders and I think they'll have to go. They spoiled the ending of a book for one of them, that's a crime.

Keep hitting them with the shovel or net

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

This happened to me. Good old Rodney.. Still can’t get rid of him after multiple complaints and hitting him with the net until he gets mad :rolleyes:

I’m trying to be his friend now because a few of my other villagers who I talk to spoke about moving out

I planted 99,000 bells in the money hole and got back three bags of 99,000. I’m rich! I thought only to try it again and get back three bags of 10,000 :o

• Advertisement

That's my lunch break sorted. Seeya Peanut.

Pity there's no pitfall seeds this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

there is I think but it's a craftable, and you need to find the recipe in a bottle first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Good to know.

Now to start wailing on giant pink gorilla....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

This is seriously impressive - someone has recreated the map from A Link to the Past in Animal Crossing.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/animal-crossing-new-horizons-player-turns-island-i/1100-6475535/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

Did you know once
    Isabelle in the Resident Services building
    becomes available, you're able to change your island's tune?

Here are two videos showcasing what you can use but there are plenty more on YouTube. The first is a more general Nintendo one whilst the second is specific to Zelda. I think I might for the Pokémon centre one next.

I currently have the Smash one on and it was very surreal to see
    Isabelle
    singing(humming) it.

I had Frogs theme on my 3ds New Leaf will try for that again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

'YES!!! Another Water Egg!' said no true angler ever. :(

Seriously, 2 days in and I have no idea how I'm gonna last the 12.

The increase in balloon presents is so intense too, coupled with this social isolation, I feel like I'm beginning to hear the occasional phantom balloon drift sound in real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They will patch it. There seems to be a lot of backlash against it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I just realised last night that you can rotate the camera inside your house! No idea how I missed that until now. :o

Still struggling to get to 30 iron nuggets, 11 short. Zero rocks on my island and a visit to another island yielded a measly 2 pieces. Still, managed to pay off the house loan and eagerly awaiting the next house build, and the museum... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

Does anyone live on an island with apples and oranges? They're the only fruits I'm missing.

I have cherries growing on mine if anyone wants to add me and come visit for some.

SW-0190-0183-8642

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Flip8t4.jpg?1

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I just realised last night that you can rotate the camera inside your house! No idea how I missed that until now. :o

Still struggling to get to 30 iron nuggets, 11 short. Zero rocks on my island and a visit to another island yielded a measly 2 pieces. Still, managed to pay off the house loan and eagerly awaiting the next house build, and the museum... :D

Stupid question, but are you hitting rocks 8 times?
    After you hit a rock the first time, if you time your next swing precisely to begin when the last one ended you can hit the rock 8 times for 8 rewards.

Caveats :
    1. If there's something already occupying one of the 8 squares around the rock, like weeds, too bad.
    2. If you've eaten fruit, go sit on the toilet - otherwise you'll destroy the rock
    3. there's a tiny bit of leeway to screw up one of the swings. But only a tiny bit. So if you mistime a swing, keep going.
    4. Every time you hit a rock you move back a bit. But if you press the control stick towards the rock you'll end up rotating away from it and missing a swing. The solution is :
    4R6
    If R is the rock, stand in 3
    Dig a hole immediately above you.
    Dig a hold immediately right of you.
    Turn south-west towards the rock.
    When you hit the rock, those 2 holes will stop you getting pushed back out of range.

Next time you're planting a tree, plant it where one of those holes should be - save yourself some digging time!

Apologies if this is patronising.

Apparently in the next update they r fixing the balloon glitch n we wont get egg balloons once weve shot down 300!!! 300!!! Whaaaatt????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Apparently in the next update they r fixing the balloon glitch n we wont get egg balloons once weve shot down 300!!! 300!!! Whaaaatt????

I saw a post where someone had put in 50 hours already, and didn't thin it was that big a number compared to some others he'd seen!

I've about 20 hours or so according to my play time, but some has been the Switch idle while I'm working!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

chrislad wrote: »
    I saw a post where someone had put in 50 hours already, and didn't thin it was that big a number compared to some others he'd seen!

I've about 20 hours or so according to my play time, but some has been the Switch idle while I'm working!

I'm on 50+ hours myself already, but I have friends in my list with well over 100. This will be my most played game on Switch I reckon, which is crazy, as I've never played Animal Crossing before this. Its just a mix of a perfectly timed game, as well as many of my friends also having it so we can island hop for shared resources and fun photoshoots :pac:

Banjo wrote: »
    Stupid question, but are you hitting rocks 8 times?
    After you hit a rock the first time, if you time your next swing precisely to begin when the last one ended you can hit the rock 8 times for 8 rewards.

Caveats :
    1. If there's something already occupying one of the 8 squares around the rock, like weeds, too bad.
    2. If you've eaten fruit, go sit on the toilet - otherwise you'll destroy the rock
    3. there's a tiny bit of leeway to screw up one of the swings. But only a tiny bit. So if you mistime a swing, keep going.
    4. Every time you hit a rock you move back a bit. But if you press the control stick towards the rock you'll end up rotating away from it and missing a swing. The solution is :
    4R6
    If R is the rock, stand in 3
    Dig a hole immediately above you.
    Dig a hold immediately right of you.
    Turn south-west towards the rock.
    When you hit the rock, those 2 holes will stop you getting pushed back out of range.

Next time you're planting a tree, plant it where one of those holes should be - save yourself some digging time!

Apologies if this is patronising.

Not patronising at all Banjo and fair play for the detailed response. Thanks.

Yeah I'm doing exactly as you say - I watched one of those "tips for beginners" type videos - so I'm either using stone stools or digging holes (for some reason I wasn't able to place a stone stool on an island I visited even though there was plenty of free space) to make sure I don't get pushed back. I make sure there are no weeds or anything around the rock and also that I haven't eaten anything so as not to break it.

So the one island I visited last night had 3 rocks - I got clay, stones and eggs a plenty. Only 2 iron nuggets. I'm wondering have the drop rates for iron been reduced because of the eggs. Or maybe I'm just unlucky as I don't recall having issues finding iron before this Easter event thing started.

I'll get there eventually it's just painfully slow and I can't craft anything that requires iron until I get the 30 I need. Don't suppose iron nuggets grow on trees on your island?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

If i visit your island am I able to drop iron nuggets? Assume I can :confused:

Could do a trade :)

If i visit your island am I able to drop iron nuggets? Assume I can :confused:

Could do a trade :)

That would be cool. If a bit scary inviting strangers to my little island. :pac:

• Advertisement

I have the nuggets. I don't have the sub! Sorry :(
    Might be tempted though if you're still stuck for nuggets over the weekend. Not promising anything on a friday when I'll be too busy drinking away my social distance inflicted loneliness and sorrow.

Advertisement