Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I didn't think so? Could be wrong though.

For sure you could send gifts directly from the ATM before, can't remember if it was from Nook Shopping or Redeem Nook Miles section though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Andrew76 wrote: »
    For sure you could send gifts directly from the ATM before, can't remember if it was from Nook Shopping or Redeem Nook Miles section though. :)

Maybe I just never paid any attention! Was on the lookout this morning when the update came in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Dodge wrote: »
    Genuinely never had as many stars as tonight. If I end up with only 5/6 on the beach tomorrow I’ll scream!

EDIT: on my island tonight I currently have wisp, Gulliver and Celeste! Could go ages without seeing any of them!

Final score was 21 star fragments, 2 large fragments and 1 gemini fragment.

Result!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Andrew76 wrote: »

Ya the option to send items as gifts in Nook Shopping was always there

Have Kiki in my campsite, weird enough looking, anyone have her?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Sly making honeycombing flooring.
    Saharah selling her mysterious items (desert vista wallpaper and circuit board flooring)

Let me know if anyone interested and I'll open up the island!

I also got jail bars recipe from a bottle so maybe I'm able to let another person catalogue them? They're rather cool! [Looks like they can't be bought on Nook Shopping but if you want me to make you a load, just give me a shout!]

• Advertisement

You keep your hands off blue bear! She’s an amiibo that was kindly sent to me by @bluemachiavelli. *whisper* I can post it to you if you want?

is there possibly a way to get an amiibo of blue bear today so I could get him to move into Antonio's old plot?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Final score was 21 star fragments, 2 large fragments and 1 gemini fragment.

Result!

How do the stars work exactly? I logged on around 1am (couldn't sleep) and celeste was there so I must have wished around 40 times! (Got 2 stamps). Haven't been able to log in since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

is there possibly a way to get an amiibo of blue bear today so I could get him to move into Antonio's old plot?

No I don’t think so. It’s a physical card that you hold to the controller. So unless you live within 5km of me then you won’t have it today. I presume they can be re-used? I’m clueless about these things.

So close, yet so far. I’ve got the switch back from my daughter with a dead battery, of course :rolleyes:. Even though I gave her the dock.

She didn’t give me the converter plug with it (I bought it in the USA) so now it’s just sitting there, mocking me until she drops the plug round “in a bit”.

No I don’t think so. It’s a physical card that you hold to the controller. So unless you live within 5km of me then you won’t have it today. I presume they can be re-used? I’m clueless about these things.

ohh I see. I had no idea how they worked, thought it might be a code on it or something. No worries. Back to discord to find a nice villager! I really don't want to pay hundreds of NMTs for a nice one, but will I pay 100s of NMTs in island visits to maybe find one? Absolutely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

ohh I see. I had no idea how they worked, thought it might be a code on it or something. No worries. Back to discord to find a nice villager! I really don't want to pay hundreds of NMTs for a nice one, but will I pay 100s of NMTs in island visits to maybe find one? Absolutely

I can post you one for Blue Bear if you like. You get to pick who moves out so on the off chance someone arrives, you can send them packing again.

I can post you one for Blue Bear if you like. You get to pick who moves out so on the off chance someone arrives, you can send them packing again.

That would be great, thanks!! I'll leave Holly's one for Andrew to steal :)

Edit: unless it's someone awful who moves in, this is an excellent opportunity to get rid of Whitney too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Edit: unless it's someone awful who moves in, this is an excellent opportunity to get rid of Whitney too!

No worries, just Pm me your details and I'll fire it off to you :)

Yeah I was delighted when I finally managed to get rid of her. She was so snooty!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

The snooty villagers are the absolute worst (I'm looking at you Maelle, who is still refusing to move out)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Paso Fino wrote: »
    The snooty villagers are the absolute worst (I'm looking at you Maelle, who is still refusing to move out)

I have several villagers that refuse to move out. I've tried ignoring them, giving them ill-suited gifts, hitting them with the net, not helping them when they ask. Everything. I need to get some Amiibo cards and keep tapping them until someone wants to replace Peanut and her ilk.

Got my 5 star rating just there. It may have been the carefully placed benches around my island and the secluded bamboo grove that tipped the balance. Or it was the wrestling ring + mini stadium. Who knows.

Just realised i could put a tulip in my hair so i'm running around with one in now.
    checking turnip prices even though i have no access to turnips until sunday. i think thy're 70 now :pac:
    second new villager is moved in. they seem grand. i'm glad one of my base villagers is a gym nut. we can have gym conversations.

kingtut wrote: »
    How do the stars work exactly? I logged on around 1am (couldn't sleep) and celeste was there so I must have wished around 40 times! (Got 2 stamps). Haven't been able to log in since.

They turn up the following day on the beaches (so today). I went around once. Then did a few daily jobs. And when I came out of the house there was more on the beach

They turn up the following day on the beaches (so today). I went around once. Then did a few daily jobs. And when I came out of the house there was more on the beach

And do they expire? Like say if I didn't log in today would I lose them? I'll definitely get to log in today I'm just curious.

Also do you only get to see the shooting stars when Celeste is visiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Paso Fino wrote: »

I love the Snooty and Grumpy ones best, they’re more fun. On the GameCube version I once got quite a nasty letter from a grumpy gorilla, it was brilliant :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Do you need all house loan payments done to get KK to show up (and get the Island terraforming tool?).

I’ve got two additional rooms which is loads for now, given the amount of furniture I have, so am wondering if I should be pumping my coins into building new houses, decorations, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Do you need all house loan payments done to get KK to show up (and get the Island terraforming tool?).

I’ve got two additional rooms which is loads for now, given the amount of furniture I have, so am wondering if I should be pumping my coins into building new houses, decorations, etc.

You need a 3 star island rating - talk to Isabelle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Rhyme wrote: »
    I have several villagers that refuse to move out. I've tried ignoring them, giving them ill-suited gifts, hitting them with the net, not helping them when they ask. Everything. I need to get some Amiibo cards and keep tapping them until someone wants to replace Peanut and her ilk.

Got my 5 star rating just there. It may have been the carefully placed benches around my island and the secluded bamboo grove that tipped the balance. Or it was the wrestling ring + mini stadium. Who knows.

Haha snap, I just finished a wrestling ring as well :D

Multipass wrote: »
    You need a 3 star island rating - talk to Isabelle

How often do you get a rating? No clue what my current score is but my island is currently a waste land of randomly distributed items :o

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Just bought the white kitchen island if anyone wants to catalogue it?

Currently searching for pinball machines too...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

How often do you get a rating? No clue what my current score is but my island is currently a waste land of randomly distributed items :o

You can speak to Isabelle anytime you want to get a rating. I don't bother if I have items dropped about the place, like fields of turnips. :D

And do they expire? Like say if I didn't log in today would I lose them? I'll definitely get to log in today I'm just curious.

Also do you only get to see the shooting stars when Celeste is visiting?

Can’t answer the first one but I doubt they’d expire

No. I got shooting stars the day before without Celeste, however last night was a load more when she was there

I think it’s the difference between shooting stars and meteor showers

Just bought the white kitchen island if anyone wants to catalogue it?

Currently searching for pinball machines too...

I'd love to catalogue it!! I think it's Star Lord who has the pinball machine room but I can order them for you if you like!

Has anyone had a day where nobody shows up to their island? I can't find ANYONE today. I already had Kicks, Leif, Saharah and Gulliver this week so thought Redd might be visiting but nope? I am baffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

RedRochey wrote: »
    Haha snap, I just finished a wrestling ring as well :D

What colour are your ring corners? I have blue but I wouldn't mind alternating if someone else has other colours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

I'd love to catalogue it!! I think it's Star Lord who has the pinball machine room but I can order them for you if you like!

Has anyone had a day where nobody shows up to their island? I can't find ANYONE today. I already had Kicks, Leif, Saharah and Gulliver this week so thought Redd might be visiting but nope? I am baffled.

I've had plenty of days with no visitors... And then others like yesterday when I got 2- Sahara and Wisp!
    Let me know when you wanna pop over to catalogue the island and I'll leave the bells out for the pinball machine/s!! Thanks a mill

Advertisement