Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Aye that would’ve been nice. Guess I’ll have a look around and see what it looks like now and then never again.

All the NPC dialogue in the game is starting to grate, I just wanted to buy 20 seeds of 4 different flowers from my shop, smashing B to get through it as fast as possible but press it at the wrong moment and you’re back out to the start again. Why don’t we just get asked how many we want to buy? Baffling how dumb some of the mechanics are in this game.

The game is intentionally designed to slow things down. For example, item order limits of 5 per day. I'd be very surprised if they let you skip it.

That said I really don't understand why floor lightning can't be moved like other furniture. You have to guess its placement and if you're not happy pick the darn thing up and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

tbahh wrote: »
    Would a few people be up for an impromptu scavenger (word game) hunt? The idea is I'd hide a certain number of objects all over my island and then you'd have to find them and try to figure out the word using the first letter of each of the objects you've found. They're might be a few pitfalls along the way... :D

This sounds like a great idea. Count me in (if available obviously!)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

I've had the displeasure of discovering that when you replace a custom design on your phone, it will also replace that design if it has been put out anywhere else on the island. This means that you've 50 custom design slots in total. It may sound like a large number but if you want to have different designs all over your island you're rather limited!

Yeah it’s very limited. We only have about 3/4 slots left already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Would a few people be up for an impromptu scavenger (word game) hunt? The idea is I'd hide a certain number of objects all over my island and then you'd have to find them and try to figure out the word using the first letter of each of the objects you've found. They're might be a few pitfalls along the way... :D

100% up for that! Sign me up

• Advertisement

Dodge wrote: »
    Yeah it’s very limited. We only have about 3/4 slots left already

Yeah, what I've learned from Animal Crossing is that if something can't be done easily, you can still find a way to "get around" doing it. Making 50 bait? Ok just keep smashing that A button! Want a building for a restaurant? Just move in a new resident and use their home as one. I actually moved in a new resident on my Switch to open up new custom designs spaces and all I could see were the ones I had already added from my main account.

I really hope they patch this as for me it's one of the biggest drawbacks I've encountered thus far in the game, not including other QoL issues, which can be got around if you are willing to put in a bit more time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Turtwig wrote: »
    The game is intentionally designed to slow things down. For example, item order limits of 5 per day. I'd be very surprised if they let you skip it.

Yep I understand it’s by design. But it’s tedious and no fun at all. Like buying from Mabel, you want to buy two hats or two of anything of the same type? You want to buy an outfit and a top/bottom item? Nope, you have to buy one, leave the changing room and re-enter and go again. Want to buy multiple items from Leif, same story - go through all the dialogue and repeat for every item you want to buy.

Fantastic game for the most part but things like the above are just bad design.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yep I understand it’s by design. But it’s tedious and no fun at all. Like buying from Mabel, you want to buy two hats or two of anything of the same type? You want to buy an outfit and a top/bottom item? Nope, you have to buy one, leave the changing room and re-enter and go again. Want to buy multiple items from Leif, same story - go through all the dialogue and repeat for every item you want to buy.

Fantastic game for the most part but things like the above are just bad design.

Not being able to craft using stuff in your storage is so annoying, and so obvious. I hope they fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Literally read this article earlier today and now yer all saying the same stuff :D:D

https://www.polygon.com/2020/5/21/21266279/animal-crossing-hack-mod-nintendo-switch-crafting-stacks-dialogue-items

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I spend on average 50k in the clothes shop daily, more some days... I'm not alone there right?? Driving me nuts going in and out. Oh you need the dressing room? YES I DO THIS EVERY DAY 10 TIMES

Possibly this was posted already, but Nintendo need to hire this person!

• Advertisement

That video is exactly what we need

Speaking of mabel, she's just set up a little stall now on the plaza. I'm a caterpillar today. Nook is finally going to move out of his tent tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I spend on average 50k in the clothes shop daily, more some days... I'm not alone there right?? Driving me nuts going in and out. Oh you need the dressing room? YES I DO THIS EVERY DAY 10 TIMES

Possibly this was posted already, but Nintendo need to hire this person!

You are definitely not alone with your Mabel shopping and I’m glad I’m not the only one finding these things frustrating. Anytime I find something I like in her shop I usually buy one of each colour, yesterday for example she had the power suit helmet in 4 colours:

Yes I want to buy x 4
    No I don’t want to wear it now x 4
    Exit the dressing room x 4
    Thanks Mabel x 4
    Oh you want to buy other things ok go ahead x 4

Rinse and repeat many times for other items... mother of god. Why buy more than one colour? I’ve no idea what I already have in my inventory or what colour I will come across next.

Try to go into the dressing room while using the wand? Nope sorry can’t do that, more dialogue, leave the shop, turn off the wand, re-enter shop...

That video is brilliant, hadn’t seen it before. They should implement every single thing in it, not one of them game breaking and all of them would make the game so much more fun since we repeat the same stuff many times every single day. Oh lord that targeting tool... I can’t be the only one who has laid down some path in the wrong place because my character was pointing a few degrees at the wrong angle? :pac:

On a completely separate note, thank you to ppl who have sent me a letter or gift for no reason at all other then they wanted to. It’s a lovely surprise and one I need to do myself more often. I love that side to the game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Totally agree with all the points in that video. It is so frustrating. I end up mashing the B button to speed up the text and end up selecting to “end” the conversation so I have to start all over again. Rage making.

I’m always digging up the wrong flowers as well.

The green mahjong arcade game is in my shop today if anyone wants it.

Oh and I have the tiny library recipe that I can post if someone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anyone know when you can start making paths/roads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Anyone know when you can start making paths/roads

You need to get your island up to a 3 star rating. Then KK comes and plays a gig. After that talk to Tom Nook and he gives you the terraforming kit.

I just buried a ton of bells forgetting that there's a chance I'll only get back 30k. Oops...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

If anyone needs these recipes let me know & I’ll post them

Sauna heater
    Magazine rack
    Golden seat
    Chocolate herringbone wall

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Totally agree with all the points in that video. It is so frustrating. I end up mashing the B button to speed up the text and end up selecting to “end” the conversation so I have to start all over again. Rage making.

I’m always digging up the wrong flowers as well.

The green mahjong arcade game is in my shop today if anyone wants it.

Could I buy the arcade machine please?! I have the red fighting one in my shop today if anyone needs it. Also ordered another wistful painting from Redd by accident at a friends island yesterday so can post that to whoever needs it!

Can I get that recipe if you still have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

AMGer wrote: »
    If anyone needs these recipes let me know & I’ll post them

Sauna heater
    Magazine rack
    Golden seat
    Chocolate herringbone wall

Could I get the magazine rack please?

• Advertisement

RedRochey wrote: »
    Could I get the magazine rack please?

That’s sent now

Hey, I was thinking of doing this maybe between 3 and 4 today? I've still some prep to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Could I buy the arcade machine please?! I have the red fighting one in my shop today if anyone needs it. Also ordered another wistful painting from Redd by accident at a friends island yesterday so can post that to whoever needs it!

You're welcome to catalogue from me, or I could order for you? I've all the arcade machines and pinballs.

Star Lord wrote: »
    You're welcome to catalogue from me, or I could order for you? I've all the arcade machines and pinballs.

Oh that would be amazing, thanks. To catalogue would be great, I just need 2 arcade machines. I have the fighting one.

Oh that would be amazing, thanks. To catalogue would be great, I just need 2 arcade machines. I have the fighting one.

Gates are open, come on over!

Star Lord wrote: »
    Gates are open, come on over!

Loading up now. Do you need anything??

Loading up now. Do you need anything??

Nah, I'm good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Good progress today:

Paid 40,000 bells to place the four remaining homes and I just invited a new villager to live here.

Expanded my wallet to include 4 rows (the max as far as I am aware)

Got a ton of stars and star bits washed up on the beach

Caught a carpathian (spelling?) and sold it for 15,000 bells! Love to catch more

Now I'm trying to make as much money as possible so that I can buy a ton of turnips tomorrow :)

Oh and my island is currently 1 star. Really need to get it to 3 stars so that i can terraform etc.

kingtut wrote: »

This is genuinely the most important thing you can do. Everything becomes so much easier now

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »
    Good progress today:

Paid 40,000 bells to place the four remaining homes and I just invited a new villager to live here.

Got a ton of stars and star bits washed up on the beach

Caught a carpathian (spelling?) and sold it for 15,000 bells! Love to catch more

Now I'm trying to make as much money as possible so that I can buy a ton of turnips tomorrow :)

Oh and my island is currently 1 star. Really need to get it to 3 stars so that i can terraform etc.

i never saw mention of a carpathian anywhere. is that a fish or a bug?

trying to make a load of money for turnips also. no idea how much they are and the abd will be closed tomorrow so i'll have money bags around the house later. barrels are the hot item today selling for > 4k each so grinding iron and wood today...

also i FINALLY got the bamboo island!!!! that's made my whole weekend

Advertisement