Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

kingtut wrote: »
    Good progress today:

Paid 40,000 bells to place the four remaining homes and I just invited a new villager to live here.

Expanded my wallet to include 4 rows (the max as far as I am aware)

Got a ton of stars and star bits washed up on the beach

Caught a carpathian (spelling?) and sold it for 15,000 bells! Love to catch more

Now I'm trying to make as much money as possible so that I can buy a ton of turnips tomorrow :)

Oh and my island is currently 1 star. Really need to get it to 3 stars so that i can terraform etc.

If you ping me a Dodo Code I could pop over and drop off a little something that might be of help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Also have spare gold armor shoes recipe if anyone needs

bluewolf wrote: »
    trying to make a load of money for turnips also. no idea how much they are and the abd will be closed tomorrow so i'll have money bags around the house later. barrels are the hot item today selling for > 4k each so grinding iron and wood today...

Buy price is random to a degree but always in the neighbourhood of 100 +/- 20. So if you have 40 free slots in your inventory and Daisy Mae is selling them at 100 per turnip, it'll cost 400k to fill all 40 slots (4000 turnips). Then just sit it out until you find a tasty price and make a profit. :)

Anyone want the Golden candlestick recipe? I can post it over.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Buy price is random to a degree but always in the neighbourhood of 100 +/- 20. So if you have 40 free slots in your inventory and Daisy Mae is selling them at 100 per turnip, it'll cost 400k to fill all 40 slots (4000 turnips). Then just sit it out until you find a tasty price and make a profit. :)

Anyone want the Golden candlestick recipe? I can post it over.

i'm still capped at 30 slots. i think i need to have the resident services built to upgrade again.
    300k though jeepers. maybe i'll withdraw all my ABD money so

i'm still capped at 30 slots. i think i need to have the resident services built to upgrade again.
    300k though jeepers. maybe i'll withdraw all my ABD money so

How much do you have?

• Advertisement

How much do you have?

i have 170k in the bank and either 65k or 105k now depending on if i left bags in the house
    should be grand for 300k then i think
    more if i hadnt buried 85k as a money tree like an eejit...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

AMGer wrote: »
    Also have spare gold armor shoes recipe if anyone needs

Ooh, yes please. Dodo code?

I have a spare iron armour recipe if you want it in return?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Still stuck on 1 star rating, any tips to get it up to 3 a bit quicker? I have put down 3 of the new housing kits with 1 new neighbour so far in them. At the moment I have 6 neighbours I think, possibly 7.

i have 170k in the bank and either 65k or 105k now depending on if i left bags in the house
    should be grand for 300k then i think
    more if i hadnt buried 85k as a money tree like an eejit...

Never bury more than 10k just to be safe. ;)

Catch bugs/fish/pick up shells/harvest wood and make stuff with it (never directly sell wood/weeds) - sell the lot and it quickly adds up to more than you can make with the trees. :)

Up for a quick visitor? I haven't seen any islands in a while.

Ah yeah im doing well with the money making on this i have to say, easy to grind. Ye ill add u or PM a code

Blathers is doing very well today getting a ton of new stuff. He says he can display art now

• Advertisement

Gate is open there

Rhyme wrote: »
    Ooh, yes please. Dodo code?

I have a spare iron armour recipe if you want it in return?

Sent friend request there. I’ll open gates as soon as you accept it. Iron armor recipe is good, I don’t have that

AMGer wrote: »
    Sent friend request there. I’ll open gates as soon as you accept it. Iron armor recipe is good, I don’t have that

Done and done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Still stuck on 1 star rating, any tips to get it up to 3 a bit quicker? I have put down 3 of the new housing kits with 1 new neighbour so far in them. At the moment I have 6 neighbours I think, possibly 7.

Talk to Isabelle, all about island evals. You possibly have too many weeds, or need more infrastructure (ramps/bridges), and decoration items on your island

Done and done :)

Gates are open there now. I’ll leave recipe just by the airport. Feel free to have a nose around aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Star Lord wrote: »
    Talk to Isabelle, all about island evals. You possibly have too many weeds, or need more infrastructure (ramps/bridges), and decoration items on your island

Too many trees here. Even though I halved the number of them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

I'm putting the finishing touches to this game now, due to start in the next hour.
    I'll update this thread with a few rules as people arrive here. But one is to leave your ladders at home, please! :D

I was wondering if those who want to take part in this would they thank this post? This is so that I can see how many would want to play and if i'd need to Dode code the island for the game as it would be annoying to have started the hunt and then be interrupted by someone arriving.

Also come dressed up in something crazy! :D

Turtwig wrote: »
    Too many trees here. Even though I halved the number of them. :(

Forest Island?
    Making a tree maze?

Star Lord wrote: »
    Forest Island?
    Making a tree maze?

I was thinking it might be fun to create a maze using hedges with a nice prize in the middle, and plenty of pitfalls along the way too. Prob take ages to make though.

I was thinking it might be fun to create a maze using hedges with a nice prize in the middle, and plenty of pitfalls along the way too. Prob take ages to make though.

I had the same kinda idea!
    Didn't do it... Yet... Made a mini castle ruins though, which reminds me, need to get jail doors/bars recipe, if anyone has one going spare!

• Advertisement

tbahh wrote: »
    I'm putting the finishing touches to this game now, due to start in the next hour.
    I'll update this thread with a few rules as people arrive here. But one is to leave your ladders at home, please! :D

I was wondering if those who want to take part in this would they thank this post? This is so that I can see how many would want to play and if i'd need to Dode code the island for the game as it would be annoying to have started the hunt and then be interrupted by someone arriving.

Thanking your post as a possible yes - we need to run out this afternoon not sure when. If I'm not there sharp on time start without me

Here's a little taster...

9zIVpAY.jpg

Some guidelines (no, not rules but if you break them, I'll set Mr Resetti on you :D):

- No ladders;
    - You only need to pick up items - they are exclusively the green leaf ones;
    - No ladders;
    - Try and avoid running through the flowers if possible :);
    - There will be a timer on it, I'm thinking 10 minutes. Short and sweet;
    - No ladders :D;
    - Try and take pictures when you're on the hunt;
    - Upon arrival, stay in the main square before it starts to avoid spoilers;
    - There is one word only, made up of 9 letters. There are 12 items to find in total, so 3 are red herrings;
    - Come back to the main square and place them on the ground so others can see the words (items);
    - And most importantly, no ladders have fun!

Thanking your post as a possible yes - we need to run out this afternoon not sure when. If I'm not there sharp on time start without me

I'm ready to start actually. Just getting a few pics around the island!

9zIVpAY.jpg

This is evil. I love it. It's like murderous version of Mastermind.

Does anyone have any of the garden gnomes? I'm looking to buy/catalog the following;

Blue Hat (brown shirt) - Reliable Gnome
    Black Hat (black shirt) - Rebel Gnome
    Grey Hat (white shirt) - Sleepy Gnome
    Orange Hat (green shirt) - Hungry Gnome
    Red Hat (blue shirt) - Sprightly Gnome

I have the other three (Surprised, Laid-Back and Passionate)

I have a gnome with a blue shirt and a red hat
    Do u want to come catalogue after the hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

This is evil. I love it. It's like murderous version of Mastermind.

Does anyone have any of the garden gnomes? I'm looking to buy/catalog the following;

Blue Hat (brown shirt) - Reliable Gnome
    Black Hat (black shirt) - Rebel Gnome
    Grey Hat (white shirt) - Sleepy Gnome
    Orange Hat (green shirt) - Hungry Gnome
    Red Hat (blue shirt) - Sprightly Gnome

I have the other three (Surprised, Laid-Back and Passionate)

Was just thinking last night that I'd love to get all the gnomes :D I only have passionate

That looks cool tbahh! Won’t be able to make it myself but yeah everyone take pictures and put them up in the memories thread later please. Would love to see all the shenanigans. :)

9zIVpAY.jpg

Some guidelines (no, not rules but if you break them, I'll set Mr Resetti on you :D):

- No ladders;
    - You only need to pick up items - they are exclusively the green leaf ones;
    - No ladders;
    - Try and avoid running through the flowers if possible :);
    - There will be a timer on it, I'm thinking 10 minutes. Short and sweet;
    - No ladders :D;
    - Try and take pictures when you're on the hunt;
    - Upon arrival, stay in the main square before it starts to avoid spoilers;
    - There is one word only, made up of 9 letters. There are 12 items to find in total, so 3 are red herrings;
    - Come back to the main square and place them on the ground so others can see the words (items);
    - And most importantly, no ladders have fun!

UPDATE: The island is open, please PM to get Dodo Code, friends only! :D
    - Please help yourself to the recipes in the square, while you wait!

That looks cool tbahh! Won’t be able to make it myself but yeah everyone take pictures and put them up in the memories thread later please. Would love to see all the shenanigans. :)

My turn to be in spectator mode for group events!

• Advertisement

So three are coming so far, with second participant landing now.
    If someone else is interested, now's the time! :D As will be starting momentarily!

EDIT: We're gonna make a start!

Advertisement