Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

bluewolf wrote: »
    Hate even looking at her. Wipe your nose. And stop pawing turnips like that

Ha me too! I always feel like I need to wash my hands after buying turnips

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

bluewolf wrote: »
    Hate even looking at her. Wipe your nose. And stop pawing turnips like that

It's become customary for me to wear a mask and haz mat suit when buying stuff from her. Then I go a faucet, imagine my character has washed his hands. Then I put him back to normal clothes. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Turtwig wrote: »
    It's become customary for me to wear a mask and haz mat suit when buying stuff from her. Then I go a faucet, imagine my character has washed his hands. Then I put him back to normal clothes. :D

:D

Have you gotten the sneezing reaction yet? Zero attempt to cover up. Disgusting. Strange they didn’t try and change that one considering they have face masks and the like in the game.

So I spent a few hours doing more landscaping, moved my tulips inside the wall around my square rather than outside. Planted some more flowers and noticed blue and black flowers have spawned too. It’s a shame different types of ground don’t join together properly - you end up with little sections of grass that can’t be covered in.

Also want to move my house 1 square to the left so the hall door lines up with a path 2 squares wide (rather than the current 3). That’ll cost 100k and two days game time - it bloody better line up correctly after it! :pac:

Have a few other ideas for the huge open space I have behind the town plaza.

Andrew76 wrote: »

Have you gotten the sneezing reaction yet? Zero attempt to cover up. Disgusting. Strange they didn’t try and change that one considering they have face masks and the like in the game.

So I spent a few hours doing more landscaping, moved my tulips inside the wall around my square rather than outside. Planted some more flowers and noticed blue and black flowers have spawned too. It’s a shame different types of ground don’t join together properly - you end up with little sections of grass that can’t be covered in.

Also want to move my house 1 square to the left so the hall door lines up with a path 2 squares wide (rather than the current 3). That’ll cost 100k and two days game time - it bloody better line up correctly after it! :pac:

You’ve done a huge amount of work the past few weeks by the sounds of it. You’ll have to have a party to let us all have a nose around when you’re finished!

Yeah I have got the sneezing reactiion. For a brief while I would imagine my character was allergic to birds and would have to sneeze when in proximity to Phoebe, Flora, Celeste and Blathers. :D

The fearful reaction is probably the most appropriate one I have for Daisy Mae. Then I guess in a way we're hypocrits? We're promoting her bad hygiene practice by buying her stalk.

All ten of my vilagers houses are 1 grid off where they should be but I don't have the design tool so can't fill in the water. Anyone actually care to work out for me how many days it's going to take to reposition them all properly once I have it? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bought 400,000 in turnips today. Looking for a 4x return hopefully.
    I learned my lesson last week. If someone has a good price (400+), I'll jump on it.

All going well, I should have my basement by the weekend.

Tried moving my house south a couple of blocks but wasn't allowed.
    Had to move it somewhere completely different first. I can move it to the final destination tomorrow.

You’ve done a huge amount of work the past few weeks by the sounds of it. You’ll have to have a party to let us all have a nose around when you’re finished!

Ah it’s very simple compared to the other islands I’ve seen here. Not worth showing off tbh. I find it super relaxing getting things just how I like them. Then realise fixing one thing has a knock effect to an adjacent path etc and something else needs adjusting. :)
    Yeah I have got the sneezing reactiion. For a brief while I would imagine my character was allergic to birds and would have to sneeze when in proximity to Phoebe, Flora, Celeste and Blathers. :D

The fearful reaction is probably the most appropriate one I have for Daisy Mae. Then I guess in a way we're hypocrits? We're promoting her bad hygiene practice by buying her stalk.

All ten of my vilagers houses are 1 grid off where they should be but I don't have the design tool so can't fill in the water. Anyone actually care to work out for me how many days it's going to take to reposition them all properly once I have it? :(

It depends on how close those houses are to each other. For sure not less than 10 days. You’ll probably need to move at least 2 before you have the space you want for 1 to move into (that’s 3 days). Then you might be able to start moving one after the other musical chairs like. All depends on how they’re currently laid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Am I right in thinking you’re supposed to get a visiting NPC of some sort every day? Like Redd, Leif etc? I’ve had nobody at all today. I’d gotten my hopes up for Celeste when I saw no-one else but nope.

From what I can make out KK has Saturday to himself and snottser has Sunday to herself. Everything else is up for grabs. I’ve read they’re all part of an algorithm but last week I had Gulliver, Wisp and Celeste all on the island at the same time so there’s some leeway there

Celeste, and stars, is the thing I’m chasing the most now that I’ve caught all the fish and bugs for this month

I got turnip girl and redd today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭Nollog

Checked in with Isabelle before littering the island with turnips and still 5 stars which is nice. Got a nice antique bureau from HHA but still no gold statue, 119k rating so still miles away. Although to be fair I didn’t change much since last week. Time to go buy some turnips. :)

/Edit: Something new I’ve learned - when you pick up a lost item belonging to a villager, you can’t drop it again. It belongs to Victoria who’s asleep in bed the lazy git. So now it’s taking up 1 spot in my inventory which messes with my ocd turnip buying, always like to have an empty 40 slots. :pac:

After a day or two it turns into a "what was this?" that you can drop. I have a book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

I'm trying, very unsuccessfully so far, to get rid of one of my islanders. Came across him steaming from the ears at a few of the others over the past few days. I like the others and this blow in is upsetting the apple cart!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Bells21 wrote: »
    I'm trying, very unsuccessfully so far, to get rid of one of my islanders. Came across him steaming from the ears at a few of the others over the past few days. I like the others and this blow in is upsetting the apple cart!

Yeah, it seems like there isn't anything you can do in the game to force someone to move from your island without using an Amiibo card for the villager you want.

People say that, this that and the other method works, but in my experience it's been completely random. I've had a villager I wanted to get rid of stay for a month, and a villager I talked to every day and gave a gift to here and there, move out within two weeks.

In the older games. You'd just not interact with them. I'd assume it's the same here.

Don't speak,talk to, or hit your villager for a few days. Then they'll look sad over something. Encourage them to leave. They'll leave regardless. Just make sure you're interacting with all the others so you don't miss another potential mover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

In the older games. You'd just not interact with them. I'd assume it's the same here.

Don't speak,talk to, or hit your villager for a few days. Then they'll look sad over something. Encourage them to leave. They'll leave regardless. Just make sure you're interacting with all the others so you don't miss another potential mover.

Ah that's where I'm possibly going wrong so! I will ignore him for a few days totally and hopefully he'll feck offðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I haven't seen my cousin Redd in over a month. I wonder if you buy the genuine art does it reduce his likelihood of appearing?

I miss trying to figure out which art piece was genuine.

Weirdest thing happened today. I went almost twenty sea fish without getting a sea bass. I'm dreading the rebalancing act the universe will do now. :(

I’ve only bought from him once and it was fake. He never came back, that was at least 3 weeks ago....

Deirdre loves my gifts and compliments my outfits but then sometimes I'm like hey deirdre and she goes off on one. "how many times am i going to run into you today? Is this a prank" i said hello twice, calm yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Dodge wrote: »
    From what I can make out KK has Saturday to himself and snottser has Sunday to herself. Everything else is up for grabs. I’ve read they’re all part of an algorithm but last week I had Gulliver, Wisp and Celeste all on the island at the same time so there’s some leeway there

Celeste, and stars, is the thing I’m chasing the most now that I’ve caught all the fish and bugs for this month

And just like that I got stars, but no Celeste, tonight! Wisp here too

And as ever, his reward is awful! A t shirt

Dodge wrote: »
    And just like that I got stars, but no Celeste, tonight! Wisp here too

And as ever, his reward is awful! A t shirt

Same here - stars but no Celeste, Wisp. You got a T-shirt from him? He only ever gives me wallpaper of some sort.

Finally got done landscaping the baron wasteland that was behind my plaza. Also had a neat idea to build a bridge between two raised pieces of land and have a river flowing underneath, my own version of the ha’penney bridge so to speak. The game doesn’t let you do it unfortunately as the river has to be at the same level as the land. So I just raised up the land in between and created the river higher up, least I have two more nice waterfalls now. :)

Isabelle has just moved in. I'm in the big leagues now
    flowers and money trees growing. first morning of turnip prices is 66 bells :pac: we'll hang on to them a while yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Finally got done landscaping the baron wasteland that was behind my plaza. Also had a neat idea to build a bridge between two raised pieces of land and have a river flowing underneath, my own version of the ha’penney bridge so to speak. The game doesn’t let you do it unfortunately as the river has to be at the same level as the land. So I just raised up the land in between and created the river higher up, least I have two more nice waterfalls now. :)

I was only wondering about that myself yesterday! Thanks for saving me the trouble of trying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Am I right in thinking you’re supposed to get a visiting NPC of some sort every day? Like Redd, Leif etc? I’ve had nobody at all today. I’d gotten my hopes up for Celeste when I saw no-one else but nope.

Not necessarily...

These three visit once a week:
    Saharah
    Leif
    Kicks

You'll get two of the below each week:
    Redd
    Label
    Gulliver
    CJ
    Flick

Wisp and Celeste are independent of the other visitors, so can show up at the same time as others.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Not necessarily...

These three visit once a week:
    Saharah
    Leif
    Kicks

You'll get two of the below each week:
    Redd
    Label
    Gulliver
    CJ
    Flick

Wisp and Celeste are independent of the other visitors, so can show up at the same time as others.

Thanks for this - really useful! I have Saharah today AGAIN :\

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Redd has finally made an appearance for the first time in 2 weeks, I'll open the island later on :)

I have a double rainbow in the sky after yet more rain. It’s really lovely. I’ve taken a picture and will try to get it on to the memories thread.

Paso Fino wrote: »
    Redd has finally made an appearance for the first time in 2 weeks, I'll open the island later on :)

Island is open, as usual if people have time would love some of my flowers watered hahaha

On a side note, does anyone have books for sale in Nooks?

Edit: apparently they're all fakes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Island is open, as usual if people have time would love some of my flowers watered hahaha

I have in my nook machine. Will order you some asap!

I have in my nook machine. Will order you some asap!

Oh thank you! Do you want anything in return?

Edit: apparently they're all fakes lol

Ah yeah, lure folks in with promises of amazing art pieces... The real agenda was to import cheap labour to water the plants eh?! We're on to you now. :P :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

I can pop over to water some flowers

Advertisement