Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Sorry lads, I got sidetracked, will open my island tomorrow for anyone who wants the gnomes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Another scorpion island - 30 minutes of terror! Though I’m pretty good at catching them, there was one that came through my safety line of holes. That’s cheating! and caused a bit of elevated heart rate :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    You can push the villagers if you need to move them. Just don’t do it too much or they get annoyed. :)
    He walked back to his original position a couple times so i gave up!

Missed a couple of shooting stars as i didnt recognise the sound but finally got one... At last. I think they might be over again though :pac:

I hate scorpions, i cant catch them. A whole island full sounds scary

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

bluewolf wrote: »

Missed a couple of shooting stars as i didnt recognise the sound but finally got one... At last. I think they might be over again though :pac:

Scorpions will act like normal until you equip your net. At this point you have become a threat and they will become defensive. Don't move. Draw your net and wait for them to drop their stance. Then advance slowly. If they raise their stance again stop. Advance. Stop. Rinse. Repeat. Get close enough. Swing and don't miss!

Turtwig wrote: »
    don't miss!

This is my problem :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

This is my problen :pac;

You'll get it. :)
    Practice the net range. You'll get used to it.
    I kept a score card. It was originally tarantulas 4 - 0
    Then it was 4-3.
    Then 5 - 3
    5 - 4
    5 - 11 :D

Then tarantulas were out of season. :(

On the island there are 3 at a time. It’s full of flowers and weeds so they’re hard to see. You think you’re being smart sneaking up on one, then his buddies run at you out of nowhere. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Soooo.... fell asleep last night while playing the game and woke up to find my house still in it's temporary location. :rolleyes:

Leif on the island today, so another exercise in frustration as I want to buy 40 of each type of flower. He also has some new kind of bush I've not had before. Still no sign of Redd but I did get a lovely green patchwork coat from a balloon, delighted with that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Ok, I have a question.

My daughter is playing AC on her own switch while I have a game going on my switch. We only have one copy of the game but is there anyway for me to send her a mirror? I have one in my game but she hasn't been given one yet in hers.

Obviously with just one copy of the game we can't visit each others islands, or can we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Ok, I have a question.

My daughter is playing AC on her own switch while I have a game going on my switch. We only have one copy of the game but is there anyway for me to send her a mirror? I have one in my game but she hasn't been given one yet in hers.

Obviously with just one copy of the game we can't visit each others islands, or can we?

You should be able to post it to her in the airport?

Ok, I have a question.

I don’t think so - it’s a shame you didn’t buy it digitally as you’d be able to visit each other. Only way I can think of is if you have a mutual friend you could post it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

You should be able to post it to her in the airport?

I thought we would have to have visited each other to be able to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I thought we would have to have visited each other to be able to do that?

Ah yes, you’re right. Unfortunately I think multipass is correct. A mutual friend seems the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

I'm curious about animal popularity. I always hear that Raymond is very popular and people go to great lengths to get him. What makes them popular?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

KK played his first concert with me today, so I'm now able to start terraforming which is great. Going to free up a tonne of space at the back of the island getting rid of some cliffs.

Redd is on my island today, and I got a genuine Starry Night, which I'm tempted to not donate and put up in my house for the time being.

If anyone is interested, he's also got a Mystic Statue and Ancient Statue (which I need to check the validity on and will update shortly; brother is on the Switch right now so I can't check) and a fake Academic Painting. I'll be on more this evening if anyone wants them :)

Um....does Redd vanish after buying something?

I just ran back to check the validity of the statues and his boat is gone :S

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Lord TSC wrote: »

He stays the full day, doesn't disappear

Weird. He's normally there after you buy something as when you go back he'll tell you that you can only look not buy.

I've ran the back of my island twice to check now, and his boat is gone. I've not time travelled or anything so no clue why he's vanished. Thats weird.

• Advertisement

Oh. I wonder....

Earlier, when I launched the game after it had been suspended over night, it said there was an update available, and I rejected it and said to launch without it.

Then my brother played the Switch for a while.

So, chances are the update installed automatically when I launched back up.

Would the update have caused him to vanish?

I've ran the back of my island twice to check now, and his boat is gone. I've not time travelled or anything so no clue why he's vanished. Thats weird.

That's bizarre. First he gives me only fakes and then hightails it with your money? Something fishy going on here :pac:

In other news, I have the most horrifying item in stock today in the Able Sisters...

YmhiyIO.jpg

I hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Paso Fino wrote: »
    In other news, I have the most horrifying item in stock today in the Able Sisters...

YmhiyIO.jpg

I hate it

I love it so much syou can give it to villagers and they put them on for maximum creepiness!!

Any chance you could post me one?? Or can I call over later and buy

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Oh. I wonder....

Earlier, when I launched the game after it had been suspended over night, it said there was an update available, and I rejected it and said to launch without it.

Then my brother played the Switch for a while.

So, chances are the update installed automatically when I launched back up.

Would the update have caused him to vanish?

I had Redd last week on a Tuesday. After selling my turnips on Wednesday, I went back the previous day and he was still there. So even though I had time-travelled back to that date, he was still there. So maybe your Switch had(has) a different date?

I love it so much syou can give it to villagers and they put them on for maximum creepiness!!

Any chance you could post me one?? Or can I call over later and buy

Posting one to you now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

kingtut wrote: »
    I'm curious about animal popularity. I always hear that Raymond is very popular and people go to great lengths to get him. What makes them popular?

I think it's cause he's a new character and people generally like cats

I usually just prefer to get new villagers in, don't care whether they're popular or not

RedRochey wrote: »
    I usually just prefer to get new villagers in, don't care whether they're popular or not

Same. I'm not that pushed who comes or goes, a fresh face is always nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

kingtut wrote: »

I found Raymond on a mystery island near the start before I realised his popularity. I do quite like him though. Himself and Boomer are my two favourites.

There's no amiibos for Raymond either because he's new, which makes him more difficult to get and more popular as a result I guess.

People do seem very fond of the cats though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Paso Fino wrote: »

YmhiyIO.jpg

I hate it

Oh can I call over later to get this? I need it for a certain villager... I'll water the flowers :D

Advertisement