Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Redd is here today today. I bought a real quaint painting this morning, and he's selling a fake ancient statue, fake moving painting, and fake academic painting if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Same. I'm not that pushed who comes or goes, a fresh face is always nice.

I’m much the same BUT my daughter has a list of 5 that she says we have to keep at all costs: Biff, Phoebe, Stitches, Audie and Marshall

She hates Kitt and so far she’s the only one who has shown no sign of leaving at all

Pancetti (a pig obviously) is the latest to the island

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

RedRochey wrote: »
    I think it's cause he's a new character and people generally like cats

I usually just prefer to get new villagers in, don't care whether they're popular or not

I got a cat Villager last night, Kid Cat - looks much more interesting than Raymond, I don’t mind the jock types, some are quite funny I think.

I also don’t get the Raymond hype

how do you know if villager is thinking of leaving? will they outright say it

bluewolf wrote: »

Yeah. They’ll get the little speech/thought bubble over their head and when you go to speak to them they’ll say something like ‘I’ve been think I need a fresh challenge... what do you think?’ And you have two options ‘no, please don’t go’ or ‘Bon voyage!’

The words change but that’s the gist. If you select the second option they’ll be gone the next day

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »

If you see them wandering around with a small cloud over their head. Usually means they want to leave (but sometimes just want to give you stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I ended up with Butch on my island, he arrived from bnha place, I don't remember talking to him so apologies to Dodge, I didn't mean to take him.

Also, my favourite islander Broccolo wanted to leave yesterday but I convinced him to stay. The one I want to leave and spoke to Isabelle about shows no signs of going away.

I need some advice on this Amiibo thing. First time trying and I have Merengue in my campsite, I’ve asked her to move here once but it doesn’t matter how much I talk to her again I can’t get her to commit to moving. What am I doing wrong? Or do I just have to wait it out a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Redd is here today today. I bought a real quaint painting this morning, and he's selling a fake ancient statue, fake moving painting, and fake academic painting if anyone is interested.

How do you know which items are real?
    Bought one painting which proved to be fake and now I can't get rid of it :(

kingtut wrote: »
    How do you know which items are real?
    Bought one painting which proved to be fake and now I can't get rid of it :(

https://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-horizons/Redd_Art_Guide:_Real_and_Fake_Paintings_and_Sculptures#Jolly_Painting_.E2.9C.93

got a real one this morning also. well it'll be delivered tomorrow but the internet promises it's real

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

AMGer wrote: »
    I need some advice on this Amiibo thing. First time trying and I have Merengue in my campsite, I’ve asked her to move here once but it doesn’t matter how much I talk to her again I can’t get her to commit to moving. What am I doing wrong? Or do I just have to wait it out a bit?

You have to craft their DIY request 3 times and give it to them, so invite them 3 days. After the 3rd time ask them to move in and they will say yes. If you don't have a full village you need to buy the plot from Nook. If you have a full village they will ask who you want to give the boot to.

I got Merengue too, she is so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

After a month of not seeing him, Redd has finally visited me again!!!

All his art is fake today :(

I ended up with Butch on my island, he arrived from bnha place, I don't remember talking to him so apologies to Dodge, I didn't mean to take him.

Also, my favourite islander Broccolo wanted to leave yesterday but I convinced him to stay. The one I want to leave and spoke to Isabelle about shows no signs of going away.
    That’s gas. He left us a good while ago!

Or it could have been last week. It all starts to blend in...

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Is there a way of getting all of them to leave? they all annoy me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Redd is on my island today. I know you can only buy one piece of art per visit but I've had a look at the other paintings too. Is it possible that he has two genuine pieces on the boat on one visit?

Bells21 wrote: »
    Redd is on my island today. I know you can only buy one piece of art per visit but I've had a look at the other paintings too. Is it possible that he has two genuine pieces on the boat on one visit?

Yes, it's possible for him to have multiple real items.

If you want, you can set up a second profile on your Switch and buy the other real item using that second player. Just drop bells for them to pick up from your main account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Redd is here today. He has fake wistful painting, fake beautiful statue, fake quaint painting and fake academic painting.

cee_jay wrote: »
    Redd is here today. He has fake wistful painting, fake beautiful statue, fake quaint painting and fake academic painting.

Jaysus, Redd is visiting everyone today! I wonder if it's a coincidence, or if Nintendo made a change to his appearance rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Wing126 wrote: »
    Jaysus, Redd is visiting everyone today! I wonder if it's a coincidence, or if Nintendo made a change to his appearance rate.

Maybe. They probably made him selling only fakes to pee everybody off! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

For those folks who have Redd today, was he there before noon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Was only on before noon to check turnip prices so not 100% sure I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

tbahh wrote: »
    Yup, I still have it. I'll mail it to you later! :)

Amazing, many many thanks :)

Animal Crossing, at least on here, has a fantastic community. Really glad I jumped on the bandwagon when this game was coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Oh can I call over later to get this? I need it for a certain villager... I'll water the flowers :D

Ah well if you'll water the flowers :pac:

I'll be online around 5 or 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Yes, I've had him since early this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Yes was there at 830am. Also I ran the update, and he was still there afterwards.

Island is open for anyone who wants the creepy mask from Ables, also have the 55 inch TV in Nooks.

Help yourselves to the DIYs at airport.

Does anyone have any colour of the ground lights I can catalogue?

Static is also making a cute fruit basket

Paso Fino wrote: »
    Island is open for anyone who wants the creepy mask from Ables, also have the 55 inch TV in Nooks.

I have green lights. I can send you a couple later. Just remind me of the destination!

Dodge wrote: »
    I have green lights. I can send you a couple later. Just remind me of the destination!

Aluna Isle! Just the one is grand so I can catalogue it!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Paso Fino wrote: »

Static is also making a cute fruit basket

I can send you a blue one?

• Advertisement

I can send you a blue one?

Thanks, got blue from Christine just there!

Advertisement