Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Oh that would look great in my Graveyard, I'd pop over real quick if you have the time to open :)

Open now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

sligeach wrote: »

The 6 villagers part isn’t true - I only had 3 when one asked if he should leave. I said yes, and he was packed up the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Jesus it’s starting to feel personal now. Everyone is in “the star gang” except poor old rainy me lol

Not to rub salt in the wound but Isabelle tells me I'm in for some shooting stars tonight for the first time!!!

Not to rub salt in the wound but Isabelle tells me I'm in for some shooting stars tonight for the first time!!!

Well you better get the party treats ready then, coz I’ll be over later! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Finally moved my house back close to where it was and realised it's impossible to line up the hall door with a path (or gap in your wall/fence) that is two squares wide - has to be either a single square or three wide - so I just didn't bother with a path in the end. Reduced the size of the garden too as it was just filled with junk before. Using the brick wall now so will need to change the style/colour of the house again.

Also just noticed the Switch is telling me I've spent 340 hours or more playing this game! My next most played is Super Mario Odyssey at 40 hours. :eek:

So come on folks, what are your hours played like? I know there's got to be some 500+ ones out there. :)

• Advertisement

Prob will be up to 500 after the long weekend. Although my pokemanz card should be arriving and I'm playing zelda...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

80+ hours at the moment.
    Yet to get island designer app. Taking it nice and slow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Finally moved my house back close to where it was and realised it's impossible to line up the hall door with a path (or gap in your wall/fence) that is two squares wide - has to be either a single square or three wide - so I just didn't bother with a path in the end. Reduced the size of the garden too as it was just filled with junk before. Using the brick wall now so will need to change the style/colour of the house again.

Also just noticed the Switch is telling me I've spent 340 hours or more playing this game! My next most played is Super Mario Odyssey at 40 hours. :eek:

So come on folks, what are your hours played like? I know there's got to be some 500+ ones out there. :)

Up tp 170 hours here but I was a week late starting the game!

Up tp 170 hours here but I was a week late starting the game!

Same, I got the game 10 days after launch I think it was and I'm really only able to play at night/wkends. More than the hours I'm just (pleasantly) surprised it has held my interest for this long. :)

Same, I got the game 10 days after launch I think it was and I'm really only able to play at night/wkends. More than the hours I'm just (pleasantly) surprised it has held my interest for this long. :)

Same here. I often think I'll pop on for 5 minutes and an hour later I'm still there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

God, everything is expensive. 100k for the basic bridges and inclines. 50k to move a house.

Super grateful to get turnips solid this morning though. Going to start relocating all the villager houses and giving them a dedicated area. I had just been dropping them haphazardly round the square till now.

Terraforming is a bit daunting; I don't want to drastically change the layout from its natural form, but want to also change everything. So splitting everything up into five portions.

Going to shove my house to the North West quarter. Villagers to the North East. Orchard to the South West. Camp site and visitor area to the South East. Shopping district to the south round the airport. Start working on one area at a time, instead of leaping from one to the other.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    God, everything is expensive. 100k for the basic bridges and inclines. 50k to move a house.

A couple of weeks of selling turnips and you won't bat an eyelid at 100k for a bridge!

Oh I’m so close! 490 hours or more my profile says. My next highest is Pokémon Shield at 175 (most of that spent hatching eggs for sihiny Pokémon). I must get back to that game sometime!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

I only have 145 hours despite having the game since it's release date lol

Lord TSC wrote: »

Super grateful to get turnips solid this morning though. Going to start relocating all the villager houses and giving them a dedicated area. I had just been dropping them haphazardly round the square till now.

Terraforming is a bit daunting; I don't want to drastically change the layout from its natural form, but want to also change everything. So splitting everything up into five portions.

Going to shove my house to the North West quarter. Villagers to the North East. Orchard to the South West. Camp site and visitor area to the South East. Shopping district to the south round the airport. Start working on one area at a time, instead of leaping from one to the other.

Terraforming is so much fun and remember you can always revert something to how it looked so don't worry about making a mistake - you can undo it. If it helps, take screenshots of how things currently look to use as a reminder. I also find it helps to go into your Nook phone and look at the map from there - gives you a good idea of the overall look of the island.

With regard to moving the villager houses - I would suggest you first build how you want the garden/area around the house to look (taking into account the size of the footprint it will take up) then go request a move and use the "Let me imagine it" option before placing the kit down (I literally spent an hour or more last night using this option and comparing the dotted outline to holes I had dug in the ground to make sure I was 100% happy with the house position before placing the kit). :)

No matter how careful you are - you will get a better idea later on and want to change/move something again - so don't stress too much about it and just enjoy the process. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

For a garden/house path, I lay a 1 wide path leading up to the front door, seems to work perfectly for me. If you're looking for symmetry with a wider path, you'd need to go 3 wide, but that'd cover most of the front of the house!

I've 215+ hours...
    I've 265 hours on BotW, which is my most played game, and nothing else near those!

Star Lord wrote: »
    For a garden/house path, I lay a 1 wide path leading up to the front door, seems to work perfectly for me. If you're looking for symmetry with a wider path, you'd need to go 3 wide, but that'd cover most of the front of the house!

That's my problem - I don't like the look of a 1 wide path, it's not natural looking to me - and 3 wide is worse. The house itself is 5 wide, 1 on either side of the section of 3 in the middle, with the door sitting in the middle of that 3 (yet the door looks 2 wide and the doorstep slightly wider again!). So I just forgo a path altogether and live with a gap in the wall 3 wide. Probably too much analysis on my part. :)

Actually, one thing I have not seen in the game - there doesn't seem to be any gates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Wrecks my head when paths, bridges, inclines etc. won’t line up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Actually, one thing I have not seen in the game - there doesn't seem to be any gates?

Defo no gates in the game. You can line up walls so they have and end bit or have larger than usual items to have what look like end posts (we use tall lanterns into the part of the island where my wife and daughter life for example)

For our islander quarter we used stone paths and stone walls around "some" of their garden but from the path to their house is still grass

That's my problem - I don't like the look of a 1 wide path, it's not natural looking to me - and 3 wide is worse. The house itself is 5 wide, 1 on either side of the section of 3 in the middle, with the door sitting in the middle of that 3 (yet the door looks 2 wide and the doorstep slightly wider again!). So I just forgo a path altogether and live with a gap in the wall 3 wide. Probably too much analysis on my part. :)

You could always use jail bars... :pac:

• Advertisement

Beau is crafting a stone table if anyone is interested?

Nooks are also selling a black clawed tub

Paso Fino wrote: »
    Beau is crafting a stone table if anyone is interested?

Nooks are also selling a black clawed tub

Can I call over for the tub?

You could always use jail bars... :pac:

I've gone through various different wall/fence styles the previous of which was the stone with iron bars - then I saw everyone was using that for graveyards so it's been replaced. It would be cool to have swinging gates that you could just run through and they go back to the closed position. Although knowing how some of the mechanics in this game work you would have to press a button to open it, be asked would you like to open the gate or not, then it will open. Then you need to press a button to close it behind you, and be asked would you like to close it or not. :P :P :P

I've gone through various different wall/fence styles the previous of which was the stone with iron bars - then I saw everyone was using that for graveyards so it's been replaced. It would be cool to have swinging gates that you could just run through and they go back to the closed position. Although knowing how some of the mechanics in this game work you would have to press a button to open it, be asked would you like to open the gate or not, then it will open. Then you need to press a button to close it behind you, and be asked would you like to close it or not. :P :P :P

Ha yeah it would take 5 mins to get through!
    I’d love gates as well.

Can I call over for the tub?

Yeah gates are open!

Just thinking about the gates - Is there even like an archway (not the shell or stone ones) that could be used? A nice iron arch could be good

Just thinking about the gates - Is there even like an archway (not the shell or stone ones) that could be used? A nice iron arch could be good

Not that I know of, unless you want to use the bunny one. :pac: :pac:

Seriously though, that bunny arch looks decent when used as an entrance to my playground.

I still haven't build that stone arch yet either - 90 stone it needs I think? Gtfo. :D

We might get a nice archway with the wedding event starting on June 1st.

We might get a nice archway with the wedding event starting on June 1st.

Wedding event? Didn’t know about that! Yeah we might get a nice flowery one.

• Advertisement

Not that I know of, unless you want to use the bunny one. :pac: :pac:

Seriously though, that bunny arch looks decent when used as an entrance to my playground.

I still haven't build that stone arch yet either - 90 stone it needs I think? Gtfo. :D

I literally ran to the cranny with all that bunny stuff the day it finished. Was willing to pay Timmy & Tommy to take it all!

Advertisement