Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Can I call over for the tub?

Just sent you the upright piano, would love to get that tub in return :D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Got such a cool Moai statue from Gulliver.

I've also recently created a new character on my Island as I'm going to put a restaurant in the centre but he was able to interact with ole Gull and get five communicator parts as well. A bit closer to getting that red robot thing! :D

I have Redd on my island, only had one real painting which I bought (sorry :D) but has two other fake ones and a giant fake statue head if anyone's interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

RedRochey wrote: »
    I have Redd on my island, only had one real painting which I bought (sorry :D) but has two other fake ones and a giant fake statue head if anyone's interested?

I’d love the statue head!

RedRochey wrote: »

Nice, would be interested in procuring something if you're open? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I'm getting really tempted to start wandering into the future in my game. Even taking a peek at Autumn and Winter. I have my island looking the way I want it to, 5-star rating, loads of cool costumes that I'll keep coming back for. I have no doubt that I'll continue playing the game and returning at least once a day and definitely for events, island meet-ups, cataloguing and occasionally turnip farming :)

Thoughts?

I understand that this disrupts the purpose of the game, the slow-burn, island life and that time-travelling might stop Redd and Gulliver etc from coming to my island for a while. This is probably the longest time I've ever played a game continuously in my life, even game like Skyrim and Fallout, so I think I'm hitting that roadblock and want to mix things up, keep the game fresh and keep me coming back every day and eventually returning to regular time and re-modelling the island :)

They're selling pacifiers in Mabels today, haha. Plus someone gave me a baby romper earlier!

I got all the gnomes off some random guy on Reddit a few days ago

Then last night I wanted to get that security-monitors wallpaper that you can only get off Sahara so I asked Reddit again

The exact same guy helped out again :D:D we didn't even realise until I saw his name pop when he was landing, both had a great laugh

Gates open now, code is N89TT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Paso Fino wrote: »
    Beau is crafting a stone table if anyone is interested?

Nooks are also selling a black clawed tub

Just tried to call over there but got the communication error - would you mind opening up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

tbahh wrote: »
    They're selling pacifiers in Mabels today, haha. Plus someone gave me a baby romper earlier!

Literally my outfit this week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Literally my outfit this week!!

In game obvs....

In game obvs....

Yeah, me too, in game, of course, not in real life, nope, just in game...

Rhyme wrote: »
    I'm getting really tempted to start wandering into the future in my game. Even taking a peek at Autumn and Winter. I have my island looking the way I want it to, 5-star rating, loads of cool costumes that I'll keep coming back for. I have no doubt that I'll continue playing the game and returning at least once a day and definitely for events, island meet-ups, cataloguing and occasionally turnip farming :)

Thoughts?

I understand that this disrupts the purpose of the game, the slow-burn, island life and that time-travelling might stop Redd and Gulliver etc from coming to my island for a while. This is probably the longest time I've ever played a game continuously in my life, even game like Skyrim and Fallout, so I think I'm hitting that roadblock and want to mix things up, keep the game fresh and keep me coming back every day and eventually returning to regular time and re-modelling the island :)

I think time travel is something you need to decide for yourself. I’m also tempted to try it, but I’m afraid I might lose interest in the game if I hop ahead, as when that time comes around for real then I’ll have already seen & done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Does anyone have a spare of the Stone Dog statue recipe? (I think that’s what it’s called anyway)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Andrew76 wrote: »
    With regard to moving the villager houses - I would suggest you first build how you want the garden/area around the house to look (taking into account the size of the footprint it will take up) then go request a move and use the "Let me imagine it" option before placing the kit down (I literally spent an hour or more last night using this option and comparing the dotted outline to holes I had dug in the ground to make sure I was 100% happy with the house position before placing the kit). :)

I was using the cliff building tool to map things out. Erecting 5x4 plots, spacing them out, working how to position the 10 houses symetrically in a circle, so I can build a nice area in between them.

Thrilled with the design, went to move the first house.

Houses are 4x4.

Throws off the entire layout. But super happy I was cautious with going deeper in.

Having to resize the entire area now, to balance round an even sized house, rather than odd.

I think time travel is something you need to decide for yourself. I’m also tempted to try it, but I’m afraid I might lose interest in the game if I hop ahead, as when that time comes around for real then I’ll have already seen & done it.

I think the events are done by updates so I won't be getting any sneak previews. I really like the daily check in, move around the island picking weeds and fruit, clearing up sticks and digging fossils, chatting with the islanders and seeing what's in the shops. It's extremely peaceful and relaxing when I've had a stressful day or the baby is acting up. I'll definitely stick around for all of that :)

I'm not into completionist stuff but I am looking forward to seeing some sharks and Christmas trees.

Currently designing my own garden IRL and Animal Crossing has certainly helped in that regard. Things lining up, enough space to move easily between areas, sight-lines and pattern/colour matching and a certain amount of randomness. I'm a happy moron :)

I think the events are done by updates so I won't be getting any sneak previews. I really like the daily check in, move around the island picking weeds and fruit, clearing up sticks and digging fossils, chatting with the islanders and seeing what's in the shops. It's extremely peaceful and relaxing when I've had a stressful day or the baby is acting up. I'll definitely stick around for all of that :)

I'm not into completionist stuff but I am looking forward to seeing some sharks and Christmas trees.

Currently designing my own garden IRL and Animal Crossing has certainly helped in that regard. Things lining up, enough space to move easily between areas, sight-lines and pattern/colour matching and a certain amount of randomness. I'm a happy moron :)

That’s interesting that the events are updates. Didn’t know that. I think sharks will appear from June 1 so not long to wait for that. I love the beginning of the month and all the new bugs & fish to catch!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I was using the cliff building tool to map things out. Erecting 5x4 plots, spacing them out, working how to position the 10 houses symetrically in a circle, so I can build a nice area in between them.

Thrilled with the design, went to move the first house.

Houses are 4x4.

Throws off the entire layout. But super happy I was cautious with going deeper in.

Having to resize the entire area now, to balance round an even sized house, rather than odd.

Cool stuff. You probably already know, your own house (fully expanded) is 5 spaces wide. :)

I'm quite similar in that I like the basic things that can be done each day on the island. I just don't have the time to catch or catalogue everything or more accurately I'm spending the time I do have on landscaping etc. I haven't been to a Nook Miles island since the scorpions were introduced (caught a few of the feckers waltzing about my own island) and have zero interest in time travelling forwards. I'm sure the snow is going to look cool when winter finally comes. :)

On my drive to do the weekly food shop at the wkend, I was taking notice of how folks had laid out their gardens to see if I could get any ideas for my in game one. Lots of folks with hedges inside their wall - fine in real life but nah, that won't work in game. :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Thoughts?

My first AC was back in 2004. I time travelled relentlessly. After all back in that game you unlocked each tool one day at the time. So that first day I groundhogged the fck out of. Then I would time travel to various events and gatherings at the wishing well. Then I would enter the stalls multiple times to grow my NES collection. No NES game? Start the day over. I met my favorite character: Resetti. At this point I just kept hitting reset to see what he'd say I loved his dialogue that much. I kept time travelling to and for events. Dealing with necessary cockroaches and weeds each time. Experimenting with the now thriving variety of fruit and flowers. Talking to my PTSD animals who were distressed over my absences.

That was all in the first week. I enjoyed the hell out of it. I regret doing it now. I played it like all my previous games to that point - where I had to "complete" it. Having experienced the game the slow cathartic way I don't think I'll ever time hop again.

Everyone is different. It's a game. Enjoy it how you please. Just have fun. Only caution I'd mention is often time jumping to a set date or event will lead you miss something significant that doesn't have any sign post. The animals preferences and moods will also be much more random and unpredictable.

I'm sure the snow is going to look cool when winter finally comes. :)

I won't spoil anything for anyone. If I'm opening my island for anything, I'll be putting a big disclaimer about what date I'm on so folks know so they can decide to not visit. Once the disclaimer stops appearing, that's me in regular time (though if there is a wedding festival in June, I'll pop back for that :) ).
    On my drive to do the weekly food shop at the wkend, I was taking notice of how folks had laid out their gardens to see if I could get any ideas for my in game one. Lots of folks with hedges inside their wall - fine in real life but nah, that won't work in game. :o:o

I've been doing the same. Mixing tips from curated woodland walks, garden shows and public parks (specifically Spanish and English ones that I've visited). It gave me a fairly dour view of real-life gardens until I thought about the experience of sitting in the garden, not something I've put into my island but I've seen it in others. If I've visited someones island and given very specific compliments, it's because their island has really pleased me.

• Advertisement

I got the tip about time travelling before my switch arrived and thought it was a great idea. then i went meh, cba. i don't think i would bother with it, happy to just plod along
    i'm still at a noob enough stage though so i've loads to actually do yet!
    Oh I’m so close! 490 hours or more my profile says. My next highest is Pokémon Shield at 175 (most of that spent hatching eggs for sihiny Pokémon). I must get back to that game sometime!

ooOOoo I ordered Sword...

bluewolf wrote: »
    I got the tip about time travelling before my switch arrived and thought it was a great idea. then i went meh, cba. i don't think i would bother with it, happy to just plod along
    i'm still at a noob enough stage though so i've loads to actually do yet!

ooOOoo I ordered Sword...

I have sword too, just never played it. Daughter insisted on getting both :rolleyes:

Turtwig wrote: »
    Everyone is different. It's a game. Enjoy it how you please. Just have fun. Only caution I'd mention is often time jumping to a set date or event will lead you miss something significant that doesn't have any sign post. The animals preferences and moods will also be much more random and unpredictable.

I'm fully prepared for losing something along the way but this is a game that can lose plenty and still be the most charming, engaging and relaxing thing on my Switch. There's no finish line for me, just a leisurely stroll and a very pleasant view :)

I have sword too, just never played it. Daughter insisted on getting both :rolleyes:

Off topic but I'm thinking of getting either sword or shield as well, I only bought the switch when Animal Crossing came out :D Will post in the pokemon thread when I do eventually decide to get it!

Everyone is doing weights on the plaza today in green hoodies

Brilliant
    I need to find a dumbbell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Thoughts?

It's your game, you paid for it. Play how you want!

I've played every animal crossing game for lord knows how many hours... To think what I could have accomplished...

Thinking back to new leaf I played so much, since I was bringing it on my commute every day I eventually got so sick of it I couldn't look at it again. Tried to pick it up to play the Halloween event and couldn't. So if you are getting a bit bored now and think it will keep you interested I say go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

That’s interesting that the events are updates. Didn’t know that. I think sharks will appear from June 1 so not long to wait for that. I love the beginning of the month and all the new bugs & fish to catch!

There’s a load of new fish & bug additions for June

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

We time travelled to make money before they changed that. Well Mrs Dodge did really. I wasn’t playing initially and when I did join I just wanted to fish and catch bugs

Then we time travelled by a day multiple times to hurry up the island redevelopment

We haven’t in ages and ages though as there’s no ‘need’ and the cockroaches are annoying! No regrets about doing it but happy with the pottering about now

Thinking back to new leaf I played so much, since I was bringing it on my commute every day I eventually got so sick of it I couldn't look at it again. Tried to pick it up to play the Halloween event and couldn't. So if you are getting a bit bored now and think it will keep you interested I say go for it!

I was the same with New Leaf, I was in a different part of my life and a 'check in once a day' game just didn't suit me. Sold the game (I think to CiDeRmAn actually) and went back to other games. Now this sort of game does suit me :)

I'll keep up with the thread but I'll consider myself outside of the loop until I don my TRON outfit and return to normal time.

• Advertisement

AMGer wrote: »
    There’s a load of new fish & bug additions for June

Great stuff! I believe the underground mole cricket is finally buggering off too. That thing drives me nuts.

Advertisement