Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Rhyme wrote: »
    I'm getting really tempted to start wandering into the future in my game. Even taking a peek at Autumn and Winter. I have my island looking the way I want it to, 5-star rating, loads of cool costumes that I'll keep coming back for. I have no doubt that I'll continue playing the game and returning at least once a day and definitely for events, island meet-ups, cataloguing and occasionally turnip farming :)

Thoughts?

I understand that this disrupts the purpose of the game, the slow-burn, island life and that time-travelling might stop Redd and Gulliver etc from coming to my island for a while. This is probably the longest time I've ever played a game continuously in my life, even game like Skyrim and Fallout, so I think I'm hitting that roadblock and want to mix things up, keep the game fresh and keep me coming back every day and eventually returning to regular time and re-modelling the island :)

There's always an end point when it comes to these type of games - from the perspective of the player, that is! I think the longest I've spent on an a AC game is maybe about a year, maybe a bit less, and towards the end, it was becoming more and more like a chore to do.

As many have said in this thread, including myself, it's a you-do-you game, so if you feel like having a go at something different, go ahead and try it.

Whatever happens, I hope you find new ways to enjoy the game! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Great stuff! I believe the underground mole cricket is finally buggering off too. That thing drives me nuts.

I hate the bloody cricket! Bugs should just potter around where you can see them, not make you dig like a demented hound that's lost his favourite bone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

tbahh wrote: »
    As many have said in this thread, including myself, it's a you-do-you game, so if you feel like trying different, go ahead and try it.

Whatever happens, I hope you find new ways to enjoy the game! :)

Thanks :) I'm glad I've gotten such good advice from folks and encouragement.

I think I'll get a year out of the game, at least in a drop-in and see sort of play style but my attentions will certainly shift. Plenty of other games out in the next few months and as soon as my kid can hold a controller, I'm sure he'll want to join in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As someone coming off playing a whole lot of Fifa, which is so much more combative, and has such a toxic userbase, this game has been such a breath of fresh air. Just super peaceful and relaxing, with a really nice userbase too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As someone coming off playing a whole lot of Fifa, which is so much more combative, and has such a toxic userbase, this game has been such a breath of fresh air. Just super peaceful and relaxing, with a really nice userbase too.

Had to give up Fifa this year cause it just used to take up so much time and 9 times out of 10 would leave me in a bad mood

Compared to this game where I'm delighted to catch that bloody banded dragonfly and get all 8 gnomes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Lord TSC wrote: »

Don't go to the AC reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Don't go to the AC reddit.

What's wrong with the reddit? I go on it a bit and don't notice anything, do a bit of trading as well and that went perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Great stuff! I believe the underground mole cricket is finally buggering off too. That thing drives me nuts.

:eek::eek: I haven't been playing with sound on - I play on a Switch Lite, and usually as TV is on, so I have completely missed this! And now only a few days to catch... there goes my plans on hoovering the house this evening then!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I may need to do a small time travel myself at the weekend, when I have more time to play to go back to the evening time and catch that damn golden trout before it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

cee_jay wrote: »
    :eek::eek: I haven't been playing with sound on - I play on a Switch Lite, and usually as TV is on, so I have completely missed this! And now only a few days to catch... there goes my plans on hoovering the house this evening then!

I've been playing with sound on and still haven't found them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

They're easy to catch. Put on a pair of decent headphones and locate the source of the sound. Scoop the critter up with your shovel. Then snatch them with your net.

i've heard crickets a few times but assumed it was an ambient sound... must check this out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I've been playing with sound on and still haven't found them!
    bluewolf wrote: »
    i've heard crickets a few times but assumed it was an ambient sound... must check this out

Ye're better off continuing to assume the things don't exist :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Turtwig wrote: »
    They're easy to catch. Put on a pair of decent headphones and locate the source of the sound. Scoop the critter up with your shovel. Then snatch them with your net.

Wasn't easy for me. Took me nearly 20 minutes and about 50 holes dug to catch one. First one got away, got the second one.

The noise doesn't annoy me now but I was getting way too frustrated I couldn't catch that one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

Reneigh is in my campsite, and my turnips are 249.
    And ive finished moving all my buildings today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Well Blathers is now delighted with me and another bug added to his collection :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Well Blathers is now delighted with me and another bug added to his collection :D

You woke him up from his daytime nap to give him a bug!!? YOU MONSTER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I don't know how all this playing online works. I added some of your codes to my friend lists earlier. Is that how it works. I added my code to the front page last week. I also set up with a Nintendo switch account. So I'm getting there slowly.

The battery in the Nintendo switch lite is sh1te but looking forward to plugging it in later for a game. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

^^^welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

One of us, one of us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Celeste just popped up on my island. Gates are open if anyone wants to grab a recipe. Sarah is also roaming around somewhere. Looks a bit too cloudy for shooting stars tho.

Please ignore the state of the island. In the middle of moving everything :pac: I’ll be afk on and off so feel free to roam.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Celeste just popped up on my island. Gates are open if anyone wants to grab a recipe. Sarah is also roaming around somewhere. Looks a bit too cloudy for shooting stars tho.

Please ignore the state of the island. In the middle of moving everything :pac: I’ll be afk on and off so feel free to roam.

Ooh I'll bop over! Do you need anything?

Paso Fino wrote: »
    Ooh I'll bop over! Do you need anything?

Work away, all good thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Just added you from boardsie list

DeWitt wrote: »
    Just added you from boardsie list

Added :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Added :)

Wow! Had a bit of a walk around and your island is awesome. The first I've been on with that much work put into it. Really showed me the potential of my own. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Celeste here too and shooting stars have started!!

The cushion is for sale in Nooks too. Very handy for customising into bags of flour for a bakery, or bags of compost for garden centre etc...

I'll be afk but my daughter will be keeping the session from ending!!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Sheldon on mine is making honeycomb wallpaper. I can make honeycomb flooring to match of required.

Kicks also here! Let me know if interested and I'll open up!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

I got a surprise of a 90k Bells money tree today! :)

I buried 30k Bells thinking that I’d probably just get 3 10ks back. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Has anyone got a red racing helmet? The green one I have doesn't go with my suit at all haha

Advertisement