Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh wow, you can only move one villager house a day?

So 10 villagers, plus moving my own to it's new home. Nearly 2 weeks to restructure the island. Before I have to move the shops about too.

I love the game but stuff like that feels a bit stupid in how it forces time management.

Silver lining, I was putting aside cash to move the houses, but since I'll only get 6 or so done before the next round of Turnips, I may as well pay off my next home loan then, and start building the bathroom....

TK Lemon wrote: »
    I got a surprise of a 90k Bells money tree today! :)

I buried 30k Bells thinking that I’d probably just get 3 10ks back. :P

I'd have to check if it's been 3 days, but i suspect my 85k burial turned into the 3x 10k i got today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

I've a few DIY recipes going spare if anyone wants/needs them. Pretty basic ones:
    Stone table
    Iron Garden chair
    Peach rug
    Bamboo Grove wall
    Mum wreath
    Firewood

Took two crickets and me going cracked but i got one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I was hoping on playing tonight but that never happened. I got busy. Maybe another evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Anyone want a DIY for a Knights helmet? Avery on my island is giving them out. Will open up for friends

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Has anyone got a red racing helmet? The green one I have doesn't go with my suit at all haha

I think I do, I'll have a look for you shortly

[edit]
    Nope, just have the black and purple ones, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Finally got KK to visit my island, the joy of building paths is beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Has anyone got a red racing helmet? The green one I have doesn't go with my suit at all haha

I think I do, can check in a bit and let you know :)

I can't wait!

espeically after visiting other lovely islands and i'm just grass and houses plonked down
    flowers are growing nicely though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

Pierots making a golden wall, I think he'll give you the recipe for one if you ask him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Got him to visit yesterday as well. Had intended to have a quick half hour session in the evening, ended up spending about 3 hours building paths and redesigning in general.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Made some more adjustments to my new garden and fencing last night, happy with it (for now :pac:). The 1 vs 3 wide problem was still annoying me - I don't like a gap of 1 or a gap of 3, a gap of 2 is perfect but doesn't line up with the front door. That was until I noticed that if you have a 1 square gap in your fence, then build the fencing in towards the house - the gap widens slightly on both sides and makes it look much better (even if it's still technically 1 square wide).

Shame you cannot put something on top of the fencing - I wanted to put a couple of those garden lanterns on top of the the brick fencing corners for some lighting, would have looked cool, but nope - nothing can go on top. Also a shame you are stuck with some visible grass around the edges of your house.

Also, either I totally forgot or never knew in the first place - you can pick up your mailbox and move it somewhere else - or in my case pick it up so I could lay down some of the dark dirt and then put it back without losing the dirt. Although I'm curious - if you were to keep the mailbox in your pockets for a day or two - do you still get mail? :D

Anyway, tonight's task list is to finish the outdoor gym, finish the campsite area, build my orchard and beside it the viewing area where Redd (never) shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Dodge wrote: »
    Anyone want a DIY for a Knights helmet? Avery on my island is giving them out. Will open up for friends

Missed this last night. Can I send you the raw materials and you send me back the helmet? Complete my suit of armour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

DeWitt wrote: »
    Wow! Had a bit of a walk around and your island is awesome. The first I've been on with that much work put into it. Really showed me the potential of my own. Thanks.

Ah thanks, it's a work in progress at the minute :) Everytime we get it somewhat complete it gets ripped apart and changed again/

Sent you one there via Nook Shopping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Sent you one there via Nook Shopping :)

Just got it, thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Good morning lovelies! I recently succumbed to the draw of the leisurely island lifestyle, and built a house on the family island. Until now, I've been happy fishing and catching bugs, and exploring the terraforming options - but now I'm on the hunt for recipes and things to catalogue. Visiting other islands seems to be key to that.

But I am not the resident representative. Can I still visit your open islands and open mine to you? I'm new to the Switch in general, so feeling a bit dumb!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Kash wrote: »
    Good morning lovelies! I recently succumbed to the draw of the leisurely island lifestyle, and built a house on the family island. Until now, I've been happy fishing and catching bugs, and exploring the terraforming options - but now I'm on the hunt for recipes and things to catalogue. Visiting other islands seems to be key to that.

But I am not the resident representative. Can I still visit your open islands and open mine to you? I'm new to the Switch in general, so feeling a bit dumb!

Welcome :) Yes you can go to the airport and open the gates or visit others as long as your switch profile has a Nintendo online membership or signed up to a family membership. So if say only the resident representative has the online membership then your character cannot open, or same for them if you have it and they dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Afaik you can! I have a ridiculous number of DIYs I'm trying to offload so you're welcome to them!

List here if anyone else is interested:

Stone table
    Log bench
    Aroma pot x 2
    Log stakes
    Bamboo grove wall
    Cherry hat
    Simple DIY workbench
    Classic pitcher
    Light bamboo rug
    Water pump
    Bamboo stool
    Wooden simple bed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

as long as your switch profile has a Nintendo online membership or signed up to a family membership.

I didn't even know there was a family membership. I'll check that out, thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

He visited me this morning too! I haven't had a chance to look at the path building though. Looking forward to laying some though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Rhyme wrote: »
    Missed this last night. Can I send you the raw materials and you send me back the helmet? Complete my suit of armour :)

Just make sure we’re friends and I’ll send you the helmet. It’s only 5 iron nuggets

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I didn't even know there was a family membership. I'll check that out, thank you!

Yeah it's a good deal compared to the individual one. My husband had one and I didn't, I was logging onto his profile to play Luigi's mansion online all the time :D But when we got Animal crossing we changed to the family and you get a discount on how many days the individual one has left, so he had 6 months or something left on his membership so was able to deduct that from the price of the annual family one that started the day we bought that. (I hope that makes sense)

Treated myself to the AC:NH switch in the game today, wish I'd actually bought a real one when they released.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Dodge wrote: »
    Just make sure we’re friends and I’ll send you the helmet. It’s only 5 iron nuggets

Yup, just checked against the Boards list and my friends list and you're there :)

I'll send you back the nuggets and a thank you gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Treated myself to the AC:NH switch in the game today, wish I'd actually bought a real one when they released.

Same. The design looks so cool and joy con drift is becoming more of a problem for me. :(

Turtwig wrote: »
    Same. The design looks so cool and joy con drift is becoming more of a problem for me. :(

I did the trade in deal Gamestop were doing around Christmas, traded in my original console and got the updated one with the better battery aswell as a new warranty. I haven't noticed any issues with joycon drift at all thankfully.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mine started to drift last week. Had to buy new ones yesterday. Not sure if it's an age thing, or an overuse issue; I'd not really don't much with the switch till lockdown started, and then ran through Pokemon Sword and now this.

Merry was sick yesterday, and I gave her medicine. She rewarded me with an Amp in the mail this morning. Which was handy, because I also got a random gift of an electric guitar from the Academy (I think) in the mail too. So now, I've got to work out how to build a stage somewhere so I can start up my rock band :P

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

I think I'm going to have to do the one thing I don't really want to do, and time travel to move these houses. I need to move all 9 of them and I don't think I can wait lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Paso Fino wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to do the one thing I don't really want to do, and time travel to move these houses. I need to move all 9 of them and I don't think I can wait lol

Up to you. :)

I moved the following in normal time:

Able Sisters
    Nooks Cranny
    Museum
    8 villager houses
    My house (twice)

So minimum 13 days but ended up being more than that since I waited a few days before I moved my own house back. Wasn't too bad in the end and you certainly appreciate the effort it takes. :D

Thankfully you can also build bridges/inclines while also moving a house.

Advertisement