Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

bluewolf wrote: »
    Fair play to you!! Doing professional exams. Nearly at the end thank goodness

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

I'm gonna open my Island for just a little bit as I do the daily chores. There are lots of recipes in front of the piano. Please take them as, like Holly, I'll be dumping them tomorrow. Pashmina also making a birdcage for those interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Why is Isabelle so obsessed with fencing. All she ever says to me is "I think you could make some pretty memorable vistas if you used some fencing"

I HAVE!! I keep putting more and it's never enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

My old goat buddy Gruff just gave me his used bathrobe. And I’m wearing it ��

tbahh wrote: »
    I'm gonna open my Island for just a little bit as I do the daily chores. There are lots of recipes in front of the piano. Please take them as, like Holly, I'll be dumping them tomorrow. Pashmina also making a birdcage for those interested!

3/10 tripadvisor locals very rude & called me names
    Great view of stars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

3/10 tripadvisor locals very rude & called me names
    Great view of stars

Oh no! I'm gonna have to deal with those pesky locals! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Bells21 wrote: »
    Delighted with my new ironwood cupboard this evening, thanks @holly_johnson (and for the tutorial!)

Oh, you lucky duck. I've been praying to RNGesus for that one!
    Yep, there goes the plans for study and assignments this weekend.

Good luck with them! I've just handed in my last assignment, and I'm taking a week or so off before diving it to the thesis. Animal crossing is saving my sanity.

Lots of changes on the island overnight. I've moved the campsite to a secluded bit of woodland. My daughter is annoyed by the amount of weeds I keep putting around it, but I think the weeds are pretty! I've also installed a little cafe on the rocks, perfect for watching the stars with your favourite islander.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Kash wrote: »
    My daughter is annoyed by the amount of weeds I keep putting around it, but I think the weeds are pretty!

The weeds change from season to season as well, different grasses I suppose. A wild woodland is within reach :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Rhyme wrote: »
    The weeds change from season to season as well, different grasses I suppose. A wild woodland is within reach :)

Oh really? That sounds wonderful! Do you know when the seasons change in AC?
    I've been playing for May and June only so haven't noticed any dramatic changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I don't think i have you added

I've sent you a request, switch name is CC.

Does anyone have this colour teacup ride at their Nook stop and the miles to get it? I can give you NMTs/bells in return, whatever you want. Or a primary colour teacup ride for swaps if that is your jam.

acc8b8741a9e16294b03ce963a4d4b7e.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

There's different colours? :o

That looks like mine a bit, I'll log on shortly and check

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I've sent you a request, switch name is CC.

Does anyone have this colour teacup ride at their Nook stop and the miles to get it? I can give you NMTs/bells in return, whatever you want. Or a primary colour teacup ride for swaps if that is your jam.

acc8b8741a9e16294b03ce963a4d4b7e.jpg

Yes I have that one. I can order it for you if you like? Won’t turnip (:P) until tomorrow though.

Kash wrote: »
    Oh really? That sounds wonderful! Do you know when the seasons change in AC?
    I've been playing for May and June only so haven't noticed any dramatic changes.

What I've read is that there are the normal four seasons with different things growing in each but that there are shifts within each season as well with different bugs and fish appearing and different themed events. May into June seems to be Spring into Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Turtwig wrote: »
    There's different colours? :o

There’s 6 in total I think. The one you can add from your nook miles is assigned at the start (along with your other nook miles items such as vending machine, lighthouse etc)

Some of it is tied to your (unchangeable) airport colour. There’s guides out there that show the colour groupings

Yep that's mine all right. I've less than 5k miles at the mo as i went decorating but I'll order it soon. Happy to take NMT for it or some other decoration.
    Eta:i see andrew has it covered!

I really want the teacup one holly has. Where did u get it

Isabel is giving me 2 stars now. Come on isabel. "need more ppl" we have 7!

Yep that's mine all right. I've less than 5k miles at the mo as i went decorating but I'll order it soon. Happy to take NMT for it or some other decoration.

Noob question what is an amiibo. Is it literally those trading card things? Trying to attract campers

Yeah hold on to your miles, I’ve ordered it for her. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What do you want in return, Mr Andrew?

Star Lord wrote: »
    What do you want in return, Mr Andrew?

Not to be fleeced by you again? :p:p

Ah it’s cool, don’t want anything in return, or not now anyway. I’m working on the last few areas of the island so there might be something I’ll need and will give you a shout then. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not to be fleeced by you again? :p:p

Ah it’s cool, don’t want anything in return, or not now anyway. I’m working on the last few areas of the island so there might be something I’ll need and will give you a shout then. Thanks.

Fleeced??? :mad: I give you something for free, and then you come littering our lovely island with your filthy cash!!! :pac:

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    Fleeced??? :mad: I give you something for free, and then you come littering our lovely island with your filthy cash!!! :pac:

:D:D

So, something else about the game I only learned last night - I picked a flower by accident (hate when I do that) but noticed I am able to place it back down as a little potted flower (rather than wear it). Pretty neat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Noob question what is an amiibo. Is it literally those trading card things? Trying to attract campers

You want my teacup ride? I can order one for you if you like. Let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

So, something else about the game I only learned last night - I picked a flower by accident (hate when I do that) but noticed I am able to place it back down as a little potted flower (rather than wear it). Pretty neat that.

The level of depth to the mechanics in this game is quite impressive. What appears shallow on the surface often has a lot of hidden depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Turtwig wrote: »
    The level of depth to the mechanics in this game is quite impressive. What appears shallow on the surface often has a lot of hidden depth.

Have you noticed how your footsteps change on different surfaces - even in your house if you run from wooden floor onto a rug.

In other news Raymond is moving in, that’s made my day :D

You want my teacup ride? I can order one for you if you like. Let me know.

You're a star! I won't take it yet - will give you a shout. Was wondering if you picked up the design somewhere else!

Isabelle has now acknowledged my decorating is awesome so when i have 8 people I should be good. I thought it was 7. A monkey called monty is moving in tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Yeah it's a great cheap gift for the villagers, they'll put it in their house.

Haven't played yet today to check...but been playing since launch day and still no photos from my villagers :( Been giving them wrapped gifts almost everyday for the past while, finding their lost treasure, delivering their post (even when Cherry gave Apple a towel she keeps wearing as a dress now). Why do they hate me?? None of them are allowed to leave till I get that photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Yeah it's a great cheap gift for the villagers, they'll put it in their house.

Haven't played yet today to check...but been playing since launch day and still no photos from my villagers :( Been giving them wrapped gifts almost everyday for the past while, finding their lost treasure, delivering their post (even when Cherry gave Apple a towel she keeps wearing as a dress now). Why do they hate me?? None of them are allowed to leave till I get that photo.

I didn't realise this was a thing until last week. Marshall gave me his photo (which I now have creepily on my bedside chest but anyway).

Had a quick look on youtube to see what it was about and there's loads of how to guides but it all seems a bit random. I didn't do anything in particular to befriend him. Don't wrap presents etc

In other news, Avery the cranky Eagle is leaving soon...

Multipass wrote: »
    In other news Raymond is moving in, that’s made my day :D

He's a nice islander. In the 'smug' category but friendly. Him and Molly (duck) are two that I definitely want to keep on my island.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Just went to donate a painting I bought from Redd earlier in the week to Blathers, only to realise I had bought and donated it already. Anyone want a real quaint painting for their museum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Gruff from tramore has arrived on my island today, that's my 2nd arrival from someone here

Advertisement