Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Just went to donate a painting I bought from Redd earlier in the week to Blathers, only to realise I had bought and donated it already. Anyone want a real quaint painting for their museum?

I'm forever doing that!! I only have 3 paintings so dunno why it's so hard for me to remember!! Bought wistful 3 times now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Just went to donate a painting I bought from Redd earlier in the week to Blathers, only to realise I had bought and donated it already. Anyone want a real quaint painting for their museum?

I'll take it if you still have it please!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Wing126 wrote: »
    I'll take it if you still have it please!

Becareful! It's probably a fake ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

I have Tasha the squirrel in my campsite. The game must think I'm nuts about squirrels as the last camper was one as well as my most recent villager!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Squeaky bum time with these turnips lads. Have about 5,000 of them sitting in my house and still haven't managed to find anyone selling for a decent amount lol I'm playing other games but I keep sweating over the thoughts of my turnips going bad on AC. xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Nollog

Squeaky bum time with these turnips lads. Have about 5,000 of them sitting in my house and still haven't managed to find anyone selling for a decent amount lol I'm playing other games but I keep sweating over the thoughts of my turnips going bad on AC. xD

If you don't find a good price I'll buy them off you for 1 bell each on Saturday :P

/\/ollog wrote: »
    If you don't find a good price I'll buy them off you for 1 bell each on Saturday :P

Away ye go lol

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Time to try Turnips.Exchange: https://turnips.exchange/airport#turnips

I find reddit.com/r/acturnips a better way to sell to be honest. No ridiculous entry fees.

Edit: Make sure you sort by new to see the most recent listings and get a better chance of getting in a queue early.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

So I'm kicking myself here. Moved a house. Thought the location was perfect. Accidentally placed it one tile too far. Cannot move house by one tile, have to go to a new location and then put it back! Nintendo, why?!

• Advertisement

I find reddit.com/r/acturnips a better way to sell to be honest. No ridiculous entry fees.

Edit: Make sure you sort by new to see the most recent listings and get a better chance of getting in a queue early.

How do the queues work on reddit? Do you just keep entering the dodo code until you get lucky?

Paso Fino wrote: »
    So I'm kicking myself here. Moved a house. Thought the location was perfect. Accidentally placed it one tile too far. Cannot move house by one tile, have to go to a new location and then put it back! Nintendo, why?!

Had the same issue yesterday! Now that I can re-design the island I want to make things somewhat symmetrical. Luckily I was able to move the badly placed house to a new spot meaning future moves will be easier. The remaining houses only need to move 2 or 3 squares though

kingtut wrote: »
    How do the queues work on reddit? Do you just keep entering the dodo code until you get lucky?

Usually whoever is selling has a google form that you fill out that puts you into a queue. Once it's your turn they will DM you the dodo code for their island on reddit, either using reddit chat or private message.

There'll be multiple people entering the DODO code at the same time, so yeah, once you have the dodo code, you keep entering it until it lets you fly.

In my experience, the longest I've waited to get a dodo code was an hour.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

We’ve all been there. :)

Tom: 1 tile out? Aw that’s a shame. I can fix that for you no problem, that’ll be 2 days and 100k please (or 60k if it’s your own house).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

All ten of the residents houses are one tile out. :(
    Gonna be a few weeks until I've fixed it. For now, I'm just proceeding with other projects. :)

It's unbelievably frustrating. On another note, do we reckon we can start getting tans come Monday? I've always loved that little mechanic!

It's unbelievably frustrating. On another note, do we reckon we can start getting tans come Monday? I've always loved that little mechanic!
    Whaaaaaat for real

bluewolf wrote: »
    Whaaaaaat for real

Ah I'm just looking, if it follows previous games we can't until July :(

Turtwig wrote: »
    All ten of the residents houses are one tile out. :(
    Gonna be a few weeks until I've fixed it. For now, I'm just proceeding with other projects. :)

Situations like this are one of the very few reasons I would time travel in the game.

Ah I'm just looking, if it follows previous games we can't until July :(

I'm ginger, will they patch in the sunburn to match??? :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

I've opened again to get rid of my recipes, please come take them! :D

Star Lord wrote: »
    Time to try Turnips.Exchange: https://turnips.exchange/airport#turnips

I managed to find two queues that were not that crowded, selling for 450-500 bells, that satisfied me. One wanted 99k, the other was free but accepted tips. I gave them 99k and a NMT. Nice to be nice.

I'm up by 3 million today. Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I'm ginger, will they patch in the sunburn to match??? :pac::pac:

Don't think it was animal crossing but there was some Nintendo game where if your character was ginger they would get sunburn whereas other characters would tan.

It'd be cool if you burned if you were out for ages! In reality I'm very pale and burn instead of tan - I don't even get a nice tan after the burn, just go back to pasty lol

O'Hare is crafting an iron wall rack if anyone is interested. Also have a few DIYs that need homes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

tbahh wrote: »

Would you mind if I had a nosey at them? Would you like me to bring anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I remember in old games you could get a tan all year if you spent time on the tropical islands.

One thing I miss from New Leaf, that my husband does not miss at all, was when your villagers would ask you to get signatures on their mad petitions from the next town over. I would bring that back, but might be just me :p

Bells21 wrote: »
    Would you mind if I had a nosey at them? Would you like me to bring anything?

Go ahead, and nothing needed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

tbahh wrote: »

I'm on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Okay so there are 'Meme T-Shirts' in this game, a giant cat head shooting lasers out of its eyes. Amazing.

• Advertisement

Opening my Island for an impromptu carboot giveaway, see catalogue thread for all the deats! :D

Advertisement