Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

Wanted to build a stone arch but it needs 90 stones! :eek: I understand they like slowing the game but christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

kingtut wrote: »
    I caught a hammer head shark woohoo!!!

Nailed it. :)

kingtut wrote:
    Receipt?

Autocorrect typo I suspect.
    Recipe. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Fun fact (coz I’m a nerd) but in the 1800s recipes were actually called receipts so technically @bluemachaveli was correct!

I’ll get my coat

Wanted to build a stone arch but it needs 90 stones! :eek: I understand they like slowing the game but christ

Yeah at one stage i was swimming in stones but have been doing a lot of decorating lately so i saw that and went lol-no

Saw a shark fin shadow earlier but it disappeared as soon as it bit which was annoying. no other new fish still, caught a new butterfly though. might go the island route now that i have miles again
    Fun fact (coz I’m a nerd) but in the 1800s recipes were actually called receipts so technically @bluemachaveli was correct!

I’ll get my coat
    ha. totally forgot about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

I can send some stones over if you want?

• Advertisement

I has tonnes of stone if you need some. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

tbahh wrote: »
    I can send some stones over if you want?

That would be much appreciated if you could :)

Woop! Think I just caught the last new fish - an Arowana. Happy days :)

kingtut wrote: »
    Receipt? :confused:

It's actually because Celeste now charges for her DIY. She's gotten sick and tired of everyone island-hopping to locate her and take all her recipes. She's kind enough to provide a receipt, though! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

Argh, what's that tarantula looking bug that spawns on the side of the trees? I keep scaring it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Argh, what's that tarantula looking bug that spawns on the side of the trees? I keep scaring it off.

Goliath beetle

'thanks for finding my lost planner, i insist you take these full body tights as a reward' ummmm okay thanks...

Ordered a ton of stuff on nook shopping yesterday when i was full of ideas for where it should go. Now i don't remember at all :s

did everyone do the photos again today? i forgot about them

One of my residents had a thought bubble and I was going to ask him what was up, I accidentally hit him with my net instead. The thought bubble went away and just had a normal conversation. This might be a useful trick if someone you like is wanting to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Anyone with celeste or redd on their island today and willing to accept visitors? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

tbahh wrote: »
    One of my residents had a thought bubble and I was going to ask him what was up, I accidentally hit him with my net instead. The thought bubble went away and just had a normal conversation. This might be a useful trick if someone you like is wanting to leave.

Almost all of the time my villagers have thought bubbles it’s not about leaving, just some random thoughts. I find anyway. :)

Went to my first NMT island in over a month and now I remember why I stopped going - boring af. No new fish even. Think I just have rotten luck where the islands are concerned. :)

RedRochey wrote: »
    Anyone with celeste or redd on their island today and willing to accept visitors? :D

Redd activity has been v quiet recently! At least one of us seems to have had Celeste but Redd? That guy is the scarlet pimpernel. He’s only been to me twice. It’s going to take forever to fill the art gallery! Nintendo should really increase his visit rate.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Almost all of the time my villagers have thought bubbles it’s not about leaving, just some random thoughts. I find anyway. :)

Went to my first NMT island in over a month and now I remember why I stopped going - boring af. No new fish even. Think I just have rotten luck where the islands are concerned. :)

I’m the same - most of the time it’s coz they’re trying to flog me 2nd hand clothes at inflated prices :)

I like going to the nook miles islands. If for nothing else than seeing new landscape & stocking up on wood. Plus the chance of gold from rocks. Gold is a rare commodity on mine.

Oh & also because it rarely rains there while on my island....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Turtwig wrote: »
    Autocorrect typo I suspect.
    Recipe. :)
    Yep, fecking phone is always at it :pac:

Oh yeah I know that, I think Sly probably wanted to give me something.

From what I've read, if a villager has a speech bubble and you haven't spoken to them yet on that day, that's when it could be that they want to move out!

this dodo lad gave me a big spiel about selling my items on islands and now he won't give me the option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

bluewolf wrote: »
    this dodo lad gave me a big spiel about selling my items on islands and now he won't give me the option

Think it only apples to harv's island which doesnt make much sense

Redd activity has been v quiet recently! At least one of us seems to have had Celeste but Redd? That guy is the scarlet pimpernel. He’s only been to me twice. It’s going to take forever to fill the art gallery! Nintendo should really increase his visit rate.
    Cousin Redd is missing. :(
    Haven't seen him the since the beginning of May. I tried calling the rangers on rescue services but apparently that's not a service they provide. :(

bluewolf wrote: »

I wonder do you only get that talk after you’ve gone to Harv’s island? I haven’t done that wedding thing yet and when I went to the NMT island I had no option to sell items.

Probably the answer is no but I’m guessing you can’t dig holes when you have visitors?

Also, can you only order a bug statue from Flick when he’s on your own island?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Blathers is doing well out of me today. Haven't done lots of fishing or bug catching in a while and had forgotten how fun it can be.
    Island remodelling will take a back seat for a few days.

Harv creeps me out so I'm not bothered with that wedding stuff. :(

I think you can order from flick. Or at least get info on what services he provides. Interesting question, we need to test it. :)

I wonder do you only get that talk after you’ve gone to Harv’s island? I haven’t done that wedding thing yet and when I went to the NMT island I had no option to sell items.

Probably the answer is no but I’m guessing you can’t dig holes when you have visitors?

You can dig holes if you have visitors. I've often moved flowers when having people round. You can hit rocks but nothing will come out of them.

(And I'm pretty sure you can order a statue from Flick on another island. You just won't be able to sell your bugs!) This seems like it might be incorrect, sorry about that!

I did the wedding task and I have to admit, it wasn't that bad. If you enjoy utilising your home designer, then this is quite a fun thing to do. I think a whole month of would be a bit much, but hopefully this will lead to the happy couple setting up shop on the island as Cyrus makes cool furniture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭Nollog

You can dig with people around I think.

You can't get collectables from other people's Islands :( I've tried a few times...

3rd day in a row that the white surfboard is in my shop

• Advertisement

3rd day in a row that the white surfboard is in my shop

Green and black surfboard for me today.

Leif back again selling windflowers and hyacinths. Still no Redd, think the lad must’ve sunk out at sea or something.

Advertisement