Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Bells21 wrote: »
    Thought I'd skipped a day somewhere along the way this morning when I ran into KK Slider on my island. On a Friday. I'm confused, is it to do with the bug off tomorrow!?

Yes I reckpon it is, still only giving us one character per day so we'll have Flick tomorrow for the bug off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

That makes sense alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Bells21 wrote: »
    Thought I'd skipped a day somewhere along the way this morning when I ran into KK Slider on my island. On a Friday. I'm confused, is it to do with the bug off tomorrow!?

I had the exact same feeling when I saw him!

Why couldn't he have come on Sunday instead? By the time Daisy Mae has finished up, KK isn't playing for another six hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Hornsby the loveable blue rhino in boxes today if anyone wants him? He finally pinged to leave while I was playing so got to let him leave. My daughter tells them all to stay so it's been yonks since I got a new villager.....

Hornsby the loveable blue rhino in boxes today if anyone wants him? He finally pinged to leave while I was playing so got to let him leave. My daughter tells them all to stay so it's been yonks since I got a new villager.....

I do if i can get rid of ohare. I cant remember if they offer to swap like that or only in campsites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Flip moved out this week, rerack.
    Apologies for anyone who got him, he's pretty annoying. :)

bluewolf wrote: »
    I do if i can get rid of ohare. I cant remember if they offer to swap like that or only in campsites

I think you have to have a vacant lot for him but I could be wrong.... You're welcome to try whenever suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Dodge wrote: »
    Update

Week 1; Gulliver, Redd
    Week 2; Gulliver, Labelle
    Week 3; Redd, CJ
    Week 4 (today); Gulliver

Now I like Gulliver but 3 times in 4 weeks? Presume I won't get Flick as the bug off is Saturday. So one of Redd, CJ or Labelle for the final spot this week

So with news of KK Slider today and Flick tomorrow. My 4 week run is

Week 1; Gulliver, Redd
    Week 3; Redd, CJ
    Week 4 ; Gulliver, Flick (mandatory)

So Gulliver 3 times, Redd twice and one each for the other three. Will Label be next?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I burned through over 20 NMTs looking for a goat or deer non jock character (our island is rife with jocks) and no such luck. So i went to bed and left it to chance.

Ended up with Flurry, a cute white hamster that my son instantly fell in love with, so all's well that ends well.

I had my first villager birthday today too!
    They were doing a little dance around the room! Can I learn that as a reaction?

Kash wrote: »

I had my first villager birthday today too!
    They were doing a little dance around the room! Can I learn that as a reaction?

I don't think so but it's genuinely amazing. Saw it myself for the first time last week. Sat there for about 10 minutes looking at them. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I had a new villager agree to move in yesterday, replacing Punchy the cat. It’s a hippo with a beard & deep voice called Harry. He keeps calling me “beach bum”. I regret this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I had a new villager agree to move in yesterday, replacing Punchy the cat. It’s a hippo with a beard & deep voice called Harry. He keeps calling me “beach bum”. I regret this already.

I felt the same with Shep, didn't like the catchphrase or the behaviour but every time I see him outside he is reading under a tree. He's captured my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I had Coach for a small while - he called me stubble - I felt judged for not shaving my legs every day then! :D Was delighted to get rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

We have Shep too. I thought he was a sheep for the longest time. I mean, he says baa baa baa all the freaking time. What self-respecting dog does that?!

But yeah, he's a sweetie, even though he insists on calling me his rival. He loves his treasure hunts!

Dodge wrote: »
    So with news of KK Slider today and Flick tomorrow. My 4 week run is

Week 1; Gulliver, Redd
    Week 3; Redd, CJ
    Week 4 ; Gulliver, Flick (mandatory)

So Gulliver 3 times, Redd twice and one each for the other three. Will Label be next?

I had her yesterday. And she's the worst guest so far, in my opinion. And I'm not criticising her as a character but what she actually does. Just gives you an outfit to wear. I just accepted what she was giving, didn't put it on and said I was already ready withy caveman outfit and she loved it. Waste of space (on the square, I mean haha)! Just put her in the tailors once a week and have Isabelle announce she's on the island!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

This mask is the best gift to give
    EbbiG6SU8AM9lDQ?format=jpg&name=small

cee_jay wrote: »
    I had Coach for a small while - he called me stubble - I felt judged for not shaving my legs every day then! :D Was delighted to get rid of him.

He joined us this week. daughter met him on an island and invited him. Within 3 minutes of him being on the island she said "I hate him sooo much!" :D

I don't mind any of them tbh. I miss Buzz and Audie having arguments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Feel like crying, Lobo left so am island hopping for HOURS.Am fast running out of Nook miles, bloody kangaroos and squirrels everywhere. Frustrated :)

But am excited to do the diving again!!

Can't wait.

Opened island for cataloguing random bits but anyone is wanting to pop over, please feel free to do so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Filbert is in boxes today if anyone would like to give him a home.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,856 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So am I right in thinking that for the first few days in this it's really a case of logging on, doing what you can and then waiting for the next day?

I'm currently waiting for the museum guy to arrive, not sure I can do anything else except catch fish / bugs and sell them for bells?

awec wrote: »
    So am I right in thinking that for the first few days in this it's really a case of logging on, doing what you can and then waiting for the next day?

I'm currently waiting for the museum guy to arrive, not sure I can do anything else except catch fish / bugs and sell them for bells?

Yeah, it's pretty chill the first week or so, this helps you ease in a bit! You could maybe visit a few boardsies' islands too, I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Just in case anyone else didn't have the foggiest what was going to happen for the bug off:

https://www.nintendolife.com/guides/animal-crossing-new-horizons-bug-off-event-date-start-time-flick-and-rewards-explained

On a random island that someone on twitter gave a code for. Turns out they’re Southern Hemisphere. Looks cool in snow. Also caught a football fish and they’re so weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

So I'm gonna be busy for most of the day and won't be able to take part in the Bug-Off.

To those in the know about time travel, will I be running any risks in rolling my clock back a few hours, so I can delay the event, and then resetting it afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

So I'm gonna be busy for most of the day and won't be able to take part in the Bug-Off.

To those in the know about time travel, will I be running any risks in rolling my clock back a few hours, so I can delay the event, and then resetting it afterwards?

I think you’re fine once you don’t have any turnips. Time travel makes turnips rot, if you go beyond a Sunday I think. I’ve never time travelled before. I am planning to travel today because I missed blue bear’s birthday last Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The bug off is addictive! I think you need to wait a while between runs for the island to repopulate though. Caught 13 on first attempt, 5 on second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

11 bugs is my best so far, definitely less bugs around now though. Damn balloons keep interrupting me...

13?? 11?? I was delighted with my 6! How are ye getting so many?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

I think you’re fine once you don’t have any turnips. Time travel makes turnips rot, if you go beyond a Sunday I think. I’ve never time travelled before. I am planning to travel today because I missed blue bear’s birthday last Wednesday.

Cheers. Knew about the turnip thing but was unsure how it might affect events like this.

Seems I may not have to do it after all.
    Took about 1h30 of continuous net swinging to break the 120pt mark, which is all you need to get all the possible prizes, bar the trophies (100,200,300).
    Fortunately you get to redeem the items one after the other with no duplicates.
    The rewards are, in no specific order:
    Artisanal Bug Cage, Bug Aloha Shirt, Bug Cage, Bug Wand, Butterfly Backpack, Butterfly Wall, Ladybug Rug, Ladybug Umbrella, Spider Doorplate, Termite Mound, Toy Centipede, Toy Cockroach

A heads up for you if you're aiming for the trophies, apparently your overall points total may be reset by time travel, so maybe best to travel before you start bugging off.

Advertisement