Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

FWIW I time travelled yesterday to play the bug off. Earned enough for the bronze trophy and all the little prizes. Definitely wasn’t 90 minutes worth of play. More like an hour

I’ll go again today (possibly) and see if I get the silver trophy or bronze when I reach 100 points

The downsides to time travel are your turnips will rot, more unkept flowers and weeds will form and if you go far into the future, cockroaches appear in your house

Oh and if you do it on Sunday (ie fast forward to Monday), your week ‘schedule’ resets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Mr E wrote: »
    The bug off is addictive! I think you need to wait a while between runs for the island to repopulate though. Caught 13 on first attempt, 5 on second.

Mine was the exact same numbers! I could see then as I was sorting my flowers after the second run more and more.

I managed to get 13, mostly butterflies and mantis and stink bugs. I knew letting the flowers take over the island would pay off one day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Dodge wrote: »
    FWIW I time travelled yesterday to play the bug off. Earned enough for the bronze trophy and all the little prizes. Definitely wasn’t 90 minutes worth of play. More like an hour

I’ll go again today (possibly) and see if I get the silver trophy or bronze when I reach 100 points

The downsides to time travel are your turnips will rot, more unkept flowers and weeds will form and if you go far into the future, cockroaches appear in your house

Oh and if you do it on Sunday (ie fast forward to Monday), your week ‘schedule’ resets

How did that work out with the bronze trophy in the mail?
    Did you let time advance and receive it today as 'sunday', or will it just show up post-whatever the next daily announcement happens to be?

Also, yeah my 90 mins was a bit casual, including a number of low scores where I nabbed a bunch of arapaimas, 4 balloons and a pair of dorados :P I think you'd wanna be somewhat focused to do it in an hour.

Went back to normal time (ie Friday) and the trophy was in the post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

13?? 11?? I was delighted with my 6! How are ye getting so many?

Hang around a densely flowery area, especially where you have rare colours - they spawn more butterflies.
    Also check where bugs are before talking to Flick, they’ll still be there when the timer starts.

• Advertisement

My max is 9. Always in the 7-9 range but we don’t have a lot of flowers

I enjoy the bug off more than the fishing tourney. Probably because for the fishing i just went to the sea and kept throwing bait, very little challenge involved!

I enjoy the bug off more than the fishing tourney. Probably because for the fishing i just went to the sea and kept throwing bait, very little challenge involved!

My wife loves catching bugs while I love fishing but I really enjoyed the bug off. Had one bug being chased by 2 characters and me was funny

Haven’t tried the fishing tournament but doesn’t sound great if you can use bait. I had an image of me legging it around the island catching them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I love the horror when you run past a villager and scare off the bug they were about to catch.

My wife loves catching bugs while I love fishing but I really enjoyed the bug off. Had one bug being chased by 2 characters and me was funny

Haven’t tried the fishing tournament but doesn’t sound great if you can use bait. I had an image of me legging it around the island catching them

You have that option too! I just took the easy way :p

• Advertisement

You have that option too! I just took the easy way :p

Hmm. Let’s see how long my competitive streak stays away :D

Edit: OH GOD! I’ve just looked into the prizes for the fishing tournament and I want some of them real bad! (The fishing rod holder for a start)

Must resist the urge to time travel

13?? 11?? I was delighted with my 6! How are ye getting so many?

me too. my best was 8. then i went downhill to 3 and took a break

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

Just played my first two rounds of the bug-off. It's a lot of fun but for the life of me I can't get more than 7/8 bugs in the time :D I'll be here all day!

Hmm. Let’s see how long my competitive streak stays away :D

Edit: OH GOD! I’ve just looked into the prizes for the fishing tournament and I want some of them real bad! (The fishing rod holder for a start)

Must resist the urge to time travel

There should be a summer fishing tourney in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Getting between 9-13 most rounds, have 5 of the prizes so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

There should be a summer fishing tourney in July.

Ya think it's the first Saturday in July

Saw a guide for the bug off here, you get bonus points playing with friends for the total number of bugs caught

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB7qiD9qNhm/?igshid=z7d2tsm2urgq

Saw a guide for the bug off here, you get bonus points playing with friends for the total number of bugs caught

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB7qiD9qNhm/?igshid=z7d2tsm2urgq

So if we all play bug off on one island we'll all get extra points? Nice. I can open my island if people are interested in testing it out? Lots of nice flower patches for butterflies

I can come over :)

I can come over :)

Island is open!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

Island is open!

I might pop over too in around 15 minutes! I don't want to arrive when you're in the middle of the bug hunt! :D

tbahh wrote: »
    I might pop over too in around 15 minutes! I don't want to arrive when you're in the middle of the bug hunt! :D

Do! The bonus is great, I've only only prize left to get now (other than the silver and bronze trophy).

Apparently points carry over so I could get them next time

Do! The bonus is great, I've only only prize left to get now (other than the silver and bronze trophy).

Apparently points carry over so I could get them next time

Great, on way now!

Island is open!

Thank for hosting, it was fun!

I'm gonna open my island if anyone wants to do a group bug off to get more points!

EDIT: Island open!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

I'm having a clear out, diys, clothes, furniture etc that I have doubles of or don't need anymore. They're all left on the beach in front of my house. I'll open there now - please take whatever you need/want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Today is a good day. Antonio FINALLY asked to move out! He barely finished asking & I was “best of luck, don’t let the door hit your abs on the way out”.

So once I finish the turnip madness I’ll be spending the day island hoping in search of Gaston!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Spare diys:

Birdhouse
    Standard umbrella stand
    Iron garden chair
    Iron hanger stand
    Wooden plank sign
    Flat garden rock
    Wild log bench
    Fossil doorplate
    Backyard lawn
    Pear umbrella
    Ironwood dresser
    Water flooring

If anyone would like any of these let me know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Probably old news to you pros, but if you download the Pocket Camp app for your phone and play a while until you can access the full menu, you can claim a code to redeem in the eShop that adds a promotion tab to the nook shopping ATM. Gives you access to some cool new things to buy, including a camp site sign and a market sign. A new game machine for my basement too

ZFqePvk.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Mr E wrote: »
    Probably old news to you pros, but if you download the Pocket Camp app for your phone and play a while until you can access the full menu, you can claim a code to redeem in the eShop that adds a promotion tab to the nook shopping ATM. Gives you access to some cool new things to buy, including a camp site sign and a market sign. A new game machine for my basement too

I wish I could get that to work but it constantly crashes on my iPhone :(

• Advertisement

I wish I could get that to work but it constantly crashes on my iPhone :(

If you want any of the items on it, just let me know. We use the ‘Camping’ sign but don’t think we have anything else on the island (maybe one of the mini cars?)

Advertisement