Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ah thanks a mill. I’m so bored at home alone that I’m spending WAY too much time on the game!

Full disclosure I robbed two apples :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

keane2097 wrote: »
    Full disclosure I robbed two apples :D

I’m shocked & appalled lol. You should have taken more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

After seeing everyone else's island I really did get a **** one, it's tiny with F all on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

iamtony wrote: »
    If anyone wants to add Lee(my daughter) she's love it and her friend code is 2077-5919-2788

Tried to add but it says unable to find user? I'll try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Tried to add but it says unable to find user? I'll try again later.

Code must be wrong sorry, third party information. I'll check tomorrow thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Has anyone gotten a recipe for a kitchen table? My kitchen looking a bit strange with chairs and no table. :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten a recipe for a kitchen table? My kitchen looking a bit strange with chairs and no table. :)

I have a wooden table & chair I could send you if you want until you get a recipe?

I have a wooden table & chair I could send you if you want until you get a recipe?

Is that the wooden block table or something different? :)

Is that the wooden block table or something different? :)

No it’s not the block one. It’s a wooden table I customized to be cherry wood & it has a tablecloth on it. I have a matching chair too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

iamtony wrote: »
    Code must be wrong sorry, third party information. I'll check tomorrow thanks.

2077-5919-1788

• Advertisement

No it’s not the block one. It’s a wooden table I customized to be cherry wood & it has a tablecloth on it. I have a matching chair too.

Ooh sounds nice. 9G0LB if you want to come over and have a nosey. :D

/Edit: Just noticed that rug seller dude is here for the first time also. He’s on the beach bottom right of the map.

Ooh sounds nice. 9G0LB if you want to come over and have a nosey. :D

/Edit: Just noticed that rug seller dude is here for the first time also. He’s on the beach bottom right of the map.

Thanks for letting me visit. Your island is coming along great. Especially your house. I've no kitchen stuff at all, except a fugly sink.

Thanks for letting me visit. Your island is coming along great. Especially your house. I've no kitchen stuff at all, except a fugly sink.

Always welcome holly and thank you. I have removed the toilet from the gym room now. :D:D

Always welcome holly and thank you. I have removed the toilet from the gym room now. :D:D

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

My kitchen is a bunch of awesome NookCo appliances on cardboard boxes. All this DIY crafting and there's no kitchen unit? What kind of handyman are we???

Banjo wrote: »
    My kitchen is a bunch of awesome NookCo appliances on cardboard boxes. All this DIY crafting and there's no kitchen unit? What kind of handyman are we???

I just noticed you can place two items on top of a sea bass tank, it will make do as a strange looking counter top for the time being. The bass is looking nervously at my gas range. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Starting to sweat over these turnip prices - only 32 bells at the moment. Starting to regret the 150 I was offered on Wednesday!

If you're not adverse to travelling, try the Turnip Exchange :
    http://turnips.exchange/

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

I have the diner counter table if any use??

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Hi everyone,

New Animal Crossing player here and I've a few questions. Apologies if these are obvious issues!

I know this is a slow burn of a game but I'm finding my progress very slow. Love the game! It's ideal for current times! Playing a week today and I did quite a lot of visiting to other islands early in the game looking for iron nuggets (As I had broken all my own rocks). Idiot I know. I ended up inviting three different residents to the island and managed to set up all three houses for them in one day with needed exterior and interior items. Since then I've been just waiting to progress to be honest. Only one islander can move in a day is it? Only one house is being built per day so I'm waiting three days now. I've no resident services building yet or anything so feel like I've kind of kind of done things arseways.

Any tips for what I should be doing now when I'm waiting?

Once again, apologies for my n00bness. Love reading the thread and getting to grips with things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

From what I remember that's it, everything takes a day to do

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

From what I remember that's it, everything takes a day to do

Thanks. Just gotta wait so! Definitely haven't been efficient with my time. Feck

pedatron wrote: »
    Thanks. Just gotta wait so! Definitely haven't been efficient with my time. Feck

It's all a learning curve. I know I've done loads wrong too, this is my first ever AC game. But it's designed to take at least a year to play, so I figure I'll catch up in time.

My gate is open if anyone is bored & wants to visit.

Edit: KK Slider has been here all day playing a gig

I don't think you can be efficient with your time really, you can't upgrade residential services until those villagers move in, the only thing you can do is fish and catch bugs to pay off the loans

Well, you can farm sticks so you have a bunch of flimsy tools ready to go when your current tools break. You can farm nook miles so you can have tickets ready to strip-mine islands. You can strip-mine islands to farm tarantulas to pay off your loan or stockpile bells for when bridges and slopes open up. Or just fish and catch bugs and farm wood (with the Stone Axe - it doesn't chop down the tree!) and use that money to buy clothes from the Abels and stuff from the Nooklings to get the shops to expand?

But ultimately this is not a game about efficiency. And it's not an all-nighter time sink. It's about consistent, short bursts of play every day. So if you run out of stuff to do, that's fine. Animal Crossing is cool with you seeing other games. As long as you shower to wash off the stink of plasma rifles and alien blood before you come back tomorrow.

It's all a learning curve. I know I've done loads wrong too, this is my first ever AC game. But it's designed to take at least a year to play, so I figure I'll catch up in time.

My gate is open if anyone is bored & wants to visit.

Edit: KK Slider has been here all day playing a gig

Dodo code?

Dodo code?

It's an open gate for all my friends. Was that you that just sent me a friend request? If not, my friend code is on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I'm doing it all wrong too but it's grand, Everyone is farming this and that to sell, I don't do any of that so I know I'm wrong there, I pretty much go out, get all my apples, chop my 6 rocks for bits, do a good few trees, visit a few islands, sell to the boys, talk to me village lads and potter about, that my day in AC mostly.

No, that's exactly what you're meant to be doing. Just chillager like a villager!
    But it's a weird game to transition to, so it can help to have goals for a while, until you realise that you have more fun when you don't.

• Advertisement

pedatron wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

New Animal Crossing player here and I've a few questions. Apologies if these are obvious issues!

I know this is a slow burn of a game but I'm finding my progress very slow. Love the game! It's ideal for current times! Playing a week today and I did quite a lot of visiting to other islands early in the game looking for iron nuggets (As I had broken all my own rocks). Idiot I know. I ended up inviting three different residents to the island and managed to set up all three houses for them in one day with needed exterior and interior items. Since then I've been just waiting to progress to be honest. Only one islander can move in a day is it? Only one house is being built per day so I'm waiting three days now. I've no resident services building yet or anything so feel like I've kind of kind of done things arseways.

Any tips for what I should be doing now when I'm waiting?

Once again, apologies for my n00bness. Love reading the thread and getting to grips with things.

Yep one islander a day and then you can upgrade resident services and get access to more things to do. I wouldn't be worried about not maximising your time every time you play - the game is meant to be enjoyed at a slow place, things just take time.

In no particular order here are some of the things I do:

- Make sure to complete the Nook Miles+ tasks everyday to get the bonus miles. As soon as I complete one of them I redeem the tokens straight away, as it will give you a new task which you might complete going about your travels rather than going out specifically to complete it. Basically redeem Miles+ tokens as soon as you earn them.
    - Don't eat before you go harvesting tress and rocks. Every few days I will harvest my entire island for wood using stone axes. I leave what drops from the trees on the ground so I know which trees I have visited, then collect afterwards.
    - Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I rarely eat lately. With a shovel and axe you can still move or chop down trees without food if you need to. I mainly chop down trees on the islands I visit to clear resources to try and spawn those altas moths, rather than chopping them on my own island.
    - Buy Nook tickets to harvest other islands - don't bring too many tools with you, more free space the better. You can make/buy tools on the island anyway.
    - Mash the A button when crafting.
    - When you see a tarantula, get out your net and hold the A button to slowly move towards him. Stop when he raises his legs, continue when he drops them and let go of A when in range to catch him. Similar for catching those Atlas Moths. Never fails.
    - Catch any bugs you see on your travels and sell them - you can rack up the bells quick enough.

I also never pay Tom back in bits n bobs - usually just pay the entire sum when I have plenty of bells to spare. Deposit your excess bells in the bank as it's supposed to earn interest (not sure how often or how much).

Advertisement