Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

One of my favourite parts is the changing clothes. Today I'm a doctors coat with a facemask and white shoes. All I'm missing is a scrubs cap and some white trousers lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

One of my favourite parts is the changing clothes. Today I'm a doctors coat with a facemask and white shoes. All I'm missing is a scrubs cap and some white trousers lol

Wait till you start designing your own clothes.

(I have no idea how designers of anything do it, I just sit there with a bemused face and no idea what to make)

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Wait till you start designing your own clothes.

(I have no idea how designers of anything do it, I just sit there with a bemused face and no idea what to make)

Yes! I’ve seen people’s designs including photos but I’ve no idea how to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

An easy way to start is to take existing pixelised art online of a logo or character you like and copy it across. This takes the burden of creating something impressive off you, and usually rail-roads you into a palate of colours. Then you can look at it on a plain white vest and add bits and bobs to make it look more clothes-like. After a while I'm hoping I'll get used to copying the tricks the original artist used to imply shading and and detail and might make something of my own, but for now, it's Deadpool vests for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

iamtony wrote: »
    2077-5919-1788

Added!

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    An easy way to start is to take existing pixelised art online of a logo or character you like and copy it across. This takes the burden of creating something impressive off you, and usually rail-roads you into a palate of colours. Then you can look at it on a plain white vest and add bits and bobs to make it look more clothes-like. After a while I'm hoping I'll get used to copying the tricks the original artist used to imply shading and and detail and might make something of my own, but for now, it's Deadpool vests for everyone!

Will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Interesting video about the evolution of pseudolanguages in video games and in particular Animal Crossing

Ha I made a boardsies vest

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The eyes are positioned a teensy tiny bit suggestively

Or I've been in lockdown too long.

Maybe both.

Banjo wrote: »
    The eyes are positioned a teensy tiny bit suggestively

Or I've been in lockdown too long.

Maybe both.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yep one islander a day and then you can upgrade resident services and get access to more things to do. I wouldn't be worried about not maximising your time every time you play - the game is meant to be enjoyed at a slow place, things just take time.

In no particular order here are some of the things I do:

- Make sure to complete the Nook Miles+ tasks everyday to get the bonus miles. As soon as I complete one of them I redeem the tokens straight away, as it will give you a new task which you might complete going about your travels rather than going out specifically to complete it. Basically redeem Miles+ tokens as soon as you earn them.
    - Don't eat before you go harvesting tress and rocks. Every few days I will harvest my entire island for wood using stone axes. I leave what drops from the trees on the ground so I know which trees I have visited, then collect afterwards.
    - Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I rarely eat lately. With a shovel and axe you can still move or chop down trees without food if you need to. I mainly chop down trees on the islands I visit to clear resources to try and spawn those altas moths, rather than chopping them on my own island.
    - Buy Nook tickets to harvest other islands - don't bring too many tools with you, more free space the better. You can make/buy tools on the island anyway.
    - Mash the A button when crafting.
    - When you see a tarantula, get out your net and hold the A button to slowly move towards him. Stop when he raises his legs, continue when he drops them and let go of A when in range to catch him. Similar for catching those Atlas Moths. Never fails.
    - Catch any bugs you see on your travels and sell them - you can rack up the bells quick enough.

I also never pay Tom back in bits n bobs - usually just pay the entire sum when I have plenty of bells to spare. Deposit your excess bells in the bank as it's supposed to earn interest (not sure how often or how much).

Thanks for the all replies guys. Makes me feel a lot better!

Nice to know I'm in the same boat as lots of others in term of being a bit behind.

I'll get the head down so for a few days and try and get my buildings built, supplies collected and maybe try and visit some islands of people on here! :)

Thanks again everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

pedatron wrote: »
    Thanks for the all replies guys. Makes me feel a lot better!

Nice to know I'm in the same boat as lots of others in term of being a bit behind.

I'll get the head down so for a few days and try and get my buildings built, supplies collected and maybe try and visit some islands of people on here! :)

Thanks again everyone!

Don't worry about being behind, go at whatever pace feels most comfortable.
    It is a game not to be rushed as you're going to eventually get all the buildings and other things.

I remember when I bought it on the DS and not really getting the concept of it for ages. And then as your island begins to grow and more people come by, you start to "care" for the game. Talking about previous entries has left me half-tempted to go back to my New Leaf town and see what has happened in all the years since my absence and no doubt the myriad of weeds abounded everywhere and neglected residents... hmm.. maybe I shouldn't go back... hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Opening my island if anyone wants to visit, have some of all the fruits on trees, KK is jamming in the plaza, turnip prices are 67 (booo), hyacinth, mums and tulip in the shop, Able sisters open for another little while, any donations to my bridge outside the museum or any flowers would be appreciated! Code is 3625 5486 7109

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I just got my house :) Love the little puff of smoke that comes out of it.

As always, my gates are open!

Oh sorry I missed my visitor I was making toast lol!

Is anyone open for visitors? I love visiting other people to get ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Is anyone open for visitors? I love visiting other people to get ideas!

My gates open.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    My gates open.

Do you need me to bring anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Do you need me to bring anything?

Ah no it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I wish you could reverse engineer items for the recipe it's the one thing missing for me.

I wish you could reverse engineer items for the recipe it's the one thing missing for me.

Anything you picked up becomes park of the catalog in residential services, so you can order it again

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Gonna try take my mind off things and play this tonight for a while I need weird furniture to get my island satisfaction rating up

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Ah no it's grand.

Are we friends? Coz you don’t show up in my list?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The main annoyances for me are having to craft one item at a time and not being able to access your house storage items when crafting indoors.

I’m open. Dodo code: F9XXJ

Come visit! Dodo code K561R

Come visit! Dodo code K561R

Still open? :)

• Advertisement

Spent the last 2hrs rearranging and customising my house; changed the gym room into a his & hers bedroom, kitted out the kitchen with a brick oven, some sinks and an iron - everything the woman of the house needs. :P The sittingroom is nice and tidy now too.

Didn’t notice the time and stepped outside the house to see my island early morning for the first time - the colour of the sky and the music playing, amazing. There’s also a tournament about to kick off.

Constantly impressed by the level of detail in this game. Love it. :)

Advertisement