Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Have started on my next area, a tavern! Saw a great one on Pinterest called "The tipsy turtle" and they had a snapping turtle placed on a barrel at the entrance. Don't want to copy the name so trying to come up with my own based on what I could put on top of the barrel!!!

So could do bug off themed stuff with a tarantula model and call it "The Cobb Web" - I have Cobb on my isle

But its right by Redds beach n I wanted to kit it out in nautical/pirate gear....
    So "Smugglers Cobh" - I'm living in Cork!!
    "The Drunk/Decoy Duck"
    "Nautical Gnome"
    "Drunken Dwarf" (still a gnome!!)

Help! If I pick your name you can drink there for free for life!!!!

The Barrel Eye Fish! I'm very literal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

The Nauty Gnome?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I’d go with ‘The Cousin’s Cavern’ if it’s by Redd’s

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

You could play on Redd's species and call it Redd's Earth/Redd's Den or his heritage so something about Kitsune or Shape-shifting. Tipsy Kitsy?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Legends one and all!!!

I forgot about 1 key stumbling block... I suck at designing stuff in pixels!!! Will have a play around with words n twil be the name easiest to draw lol!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

If they allowed two-frame animation in designs, pub signs would be a marvel to behold. Redd, drawn in neon, knocking back a martini.

Ha ha ha! Hubby said there's some Drunken Clam? Pub in family guy with an animated sign..... could rip that off too!!

His ears must have been burning (cousins not hubs) he's shown up with a real Perfect n fake detailed and girl with pearl....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Ha ha ha! Hubby said there's some Drunken Clam? Pub in family guy with an animated sign..... could rip that off too!!

His ears must have been burning (cousins not hubs) he's shown up with a real Perfect n fake detailed and girl with pearl....

Are you taking that Perfect painting or would you mind if I bought it? :D

RedRochey wrote: »
    Are you taking that Perfect painting or would you mind if I bought it? :D

All yours! Will open up now. I bought David, never even checked his authenticity, was distracted.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Haha! We have Redd today too with the fake David, snapped it right up :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Redd visited me today too! I wonder have they upped his appearance rate, or if we're just lucky? haha

I got the Glowing Painting.

He has the following:

Tremendous Statue
    Jolly Painting
    Mystic Statue

All fake :rolleyes: but if anyone wants them, let me know and i'll send out a dodo code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Wing126 wrote: »
    Redd visited me today too! I wonder have they upped his appearance rate, or if we're just lucky? haha

I got the Glowing Painting.

He has the following:

Tremendous Statue
    Jolly Painting
    Mystic Statue

All fake :rolleyes: but if anyone wants them, let me know and i'll send out a dodo code.

Oh could I nab the mystic statue please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Oh could I nab the mystic statue please?
    Yup!

Dodo code: BD42F

It's open to everyone. I'm away from the switch at the moment so just help yourself. You'll need a ladder to get to Redd also!

Wing126 wrote: »

You’ll get each of the 9 roaming characters at least once every two weeks now. That’s much better than it was

Gates open now: 8JL20

I have a ton of recipes that I'll be ditching tomorrow night so free for whoever. There's the Pitfall Seed and Gold Armour recipes in the mix. I might be afk but sure work away.

[EDIT]: Closed now, I can open again tomorrow if folks want a second stab at the recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I have Megan in boxes of anyone wants her and also Leif is visiting

Does watering flowers after it has rain increased the chances of them breeding?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

RedRochey wrote: »
    Does watering flowers after it has rain increased the chances of them breeding?

No, rain or resident watering gives the same 5% chance of breeding. Only goes up with a visitor watering.

Was reading a guide there on Redd visits. Taking the data on how often he will visit and the chances of him having real art, it will take, on average, an island with a single resident just over 4 years to fill the museum art section. For an unlucky 5% it will take 6 years!

I get all this info from an Instagram page yuecrossing. It's great, makes loads of guides based on the data mining information so it is accurate.

I was wondering if we should add a column to the player list spreadsheet so we could include our dream addresses? I tried to add one this morning but I only have read access.

I was wondering if we should add a column to the player list spreadsheet so we could include our dream addresses? I tried to add one this morning but I only have read access.

Great idea. I likely won't get a chance to play until late this evening but this site is up and running with other codes

https://acnhtour.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

cee_jay wrote: »
    Garden Bench.
    I have one. Just the one. It shows in my Nook catalogue as "Not for Sale", but I don't have a DIY for this...
    Is this a DIY recipe? Just can't figure out how to get more!

I got this yesterday from a balloon. Thanks for the offers of help on here. Just wanted to call out how great this forum has been for sharing items, giving away items, tips on playing, helping people out to meet their design goals, invitations for Celeste, etc. Thank you guys, you are all superstars! :cool:

cee_jay wrote: »
    I got this yesterday from a balloon. Thanks for the offers of help on here. Just wanted to call out how great this forum has been for sharing items, giving away items, tips on playing, helping people out to meet their design goals, invitations for Celeste, etc. Thank you guys, you are all superstars! :cool:

I got a recipe for an Iron Garden Bench, it's green and really very nice. Wrought iron too if you're looking for variety in your benches?

My daughter time travelled to Sunday for the fireworks. She sent me pics and videos. It is cute as hell

We have fruit designs and she put them in order for the 5 of them to appear as fireworks

She also sent a video of her running with a balloon in her hand, tripping and losing the balloon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I’m finally online, have added my details to the list (my son made me have a stupid name so don’t laugh...) I’m kind of scared of making a terrible faux pas - could someone give me a run down of rules when you visit people. I can’t get to grips with the messaging on my nook phone, so I can’t really talk to anyone, is that rude? Is buying stuff in the shop rude, or catching their fish? What if a balloon flies past?
    I’m going to be a nervous wreck 😂

Multipass wrote: »
    I’m finally online, have added my details to the list (my son made me have a stupid name so don’t laugh...) I’m kind of scared of making a terrible faux pas - could someone give me a run down of rules when you visit people. I can’t get to grips with the messaging on my nook phone, so I can’t really talk to anyone, is that rude? Is buying stuff in the shop rude, or catching their fish? What if a balloon flies past?
    I’m going to be a nervous wreck ��

I’ve sent you a friend request there. The only rules I have (others may differ) is ask first. So, if you want fruit from a tree, ask first. Buy something in Nooks Cranny? Ask first because they only allow 1 purchase of each item on the back wall. You can buy whatever you want from Able Sisters as they allow multiple purchases.

Fish away, catch as many bugs as you like. Don’t pick flowers or run through them as this knocks the blooms off. Apart from that, work away! As far as I know balloons don’t pass over if you have a visitor, but if they do, I would prefer you didn’t shoot them down.

You really need the Nintendo Online app on your mobile phone to be able to talk though. It’s super easy to use. I’d find it a bit weird if someone came to visit & didn’t talk to me at all, but that’s coz I’m a chatty Kathy :)

If you can't talk, you can use expressions, just a hello or whatever you like :) I'm really slow typing on the Nook Phone messaging so I tend to keep it short and then browse the island.

Catching fish and bugs is fine but picking flowers is a no unless the person says it's okay. Also, be careful when running as if you run through flowers, you can knock off the petals. They do grow back so it's not a huge deal. Buying stuff in the shop is grand, the person whose island it is has first dibs anyway.

Everyone here is very nice so honest mistakes are fine and never be afraid to ask if you're not sure :)

My daughter named me on the game so you're not the only one. She didn't think too long about it when she called me "dad"

On visiting, the only rules I generally see are no sprinting through flowers (ie holding the B button - normal walking/slight running doesn't effect them at all) and don't shake the money trees.

If others have specific requests, they'll let you know. Not that prevalent here, but in the wider AC land, some people can be maniacs

Enjoy playing online. Think we only started it for custom patterns, then for different fruit and before long I was heading off to catalogue parties or fishing for southern hemisphere fish and getting DIYs from Celeste every day for 2 weeks!

Even if you do buy something in the shop, you can always just drop it outside and then buy it through the catalog after again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Rhyme wrote: »
    I got a recipe for an Iron Garden Bench, it's green and really very nice. Wrought iron too if you're looking for variety in your benches?

Thanks if it is going spare, would love it!

• Advertisement

Rhyme wrote: »

That bench is customizable too, you can make it white, brown etc

Advertisement