Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

We only need the real Valiant Statue now to complete the art museum. If anyone has a spare, let me know!

I have a few real paintings and statues to share too. Will list them up when I get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Dodge wrote: »
    We only need the real Valiant Statue now to complete the art museum. If anyone has a spare, let me know!

I have a few real paintings and statues to share too. Will list them up when I get a chance

Oh wow good job, how did ye manage to do it?

I was going to try and trade but anytime I use Reddit no one responds :D

RedRochey wrote: »
    Oh wow good job, how did ye manage to do it?

Time travel mostly!

Not in the ‘leaping from season to season’ way but any day that Redd arrived we’d (there’s 3 of us here) would shuffle forward a day and then back to normal time for a new set of offerings

When they changed the frequency of visits so that’d he’s come every two weeks or so it got a lot easier to pick up 2/3 a week

Time travel mostly!

Not in the ‘leaping from season to season’ way but any day that Redd arrived we’d (there’s 3 of us here) would shuffle forward a day and then back to normal time for a new set of offerings

When they changed the frequency of visits so that’d he’s come every two weeks or so it got a lot easier to pick up 2/3 a week

Ya that's what I've started to do as well, but he keeps coming back with bloody fake quaint paintings :D:D

At the start I didn't want to time travel but there's no other way to do it realistically

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I did it once when I was trying to get the rocks to spawn in the rock garden and Redd was there, went back and forth to the same day. Only reason my museum is half full from that day and the few trades I did here! I think I was put off doing it again by how annoyed I was with the rocks though, associated memories :pac:

So annoying otherwise, he comes every 2 weeks with maybe 1 real painting we already have. I have a few saved for trading now at least.

• Advertisement

I did it once when I was trying to get the rocks to spawn in the rock garden and Redd was there, went back and forth to the same day. Only reason my museum is half full from that day and the few trades I did here! I think I was put off doing it again by how annoyed I was with the rocks though, associated memories :pac:

So annoying otherwise, he comes every 2 weeks with maybe 1 real painting we already have. I have a few saved for trading now at least.

Oh god getting those rocks into specific places took ages, seeing them pop up in random places that you didn't cover was heartbreaking :D

Last time Redd was here I was also trying to duplicate flowers and it was raining, so jumping back and forth ended up helping a lot!

Does anyone have an antique console table in brown that I can catalogue?

Also I'll leave my gates open for a while, there's a meteor shower and Celeste is here if anyone needs stars or a recipe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Does anyone have an antique console table in brown that I can catalogue?

Also I'll leave my gates open for a while, there's a meteor shower and Celeste is here if anyone needs stars or a recipe :)

I have one, if you’re still online I can open my gates for you

LizT wrote: »
    I have one, if you’re still online I can open my gates for you

Yes I can come over, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Yes I can come over, thank you!

Gates are open!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Oh god getting those rocks into specific places took ages, seeing them pop up in random places that you didn't cover was heartbreaking :D

Last time Redd was here I was also trying to duplicate flowers and it was raining, so jumping back and forth ended up helping a lot!

I'm convinced the game knows when we time travel, not sure if anybody has noticed but turnips go off if you go backwards

I'm convinced the game knows when we time travel, not sure if anybody has noticed but turnips go off if you go backwards

That only happens if you go back past a Sunday is it?

Never timed travel with turnips, made like 8 million in my second week with turnips and never touched them again :D

That only happens if you go back past a Sunday is it?

Never timed travel with turnips, made like 8 million in my second week with turnips and never touched them again :D

No, any backwards time travel will rot your turnips (likewise any time travel forward past Sunday)

I haven’t really done turnips much at all. I think I’d like to get the 10 mill nook mile achievement but think I could do that easily enough. Think I’m on about 4 mill now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Light snow here this morning. How does one get a Christmas Tree and other Christmas tat. Are they just random items in shops or are they doing like other holidays in only giving you the stuff you need on the last day of the holiday.

skerry wrote: »
    Light snow here this morning. How does one get a Christmas Tree and other Christmas tat. Are they just random items in shops or are they doing like other holidays in only giving you the stuff you need on the last day of the holiday.

Starting on December 15th, the balloons will have the ‘festive’ set DIYs which include 3 sizes of Christmas trees, illuminated presents/trees/reindeers

I time travelled a couple of weeks ago and have them all except for the reindeers

Tomorrow (Dec 11) the snow will stick and snowflakes will be catchable for the snow DIYs (mostly floors and wallpapers). There’s also the snowboys to build. They give out frozen DIYs if you make them perfectly (the head being about 90% of the body)

I’ve all the frozens and I’m missing 1 festive and 4 snowflake DIYs

There’s other stuff that will only be available from Dec 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Starting on December 15th, the balloons will have the ‘festive’ set DIYs which include 3 sizes of Christmas trees, illuminated presents/trees/reindeers

I time travelled a couple of weeks ago and have them all except for the reindeers

Tomorrow (Dec 11) the snow will stick and snowflakes will be catchable for the snow DIYs (mostly floors and wallpapers). There’s also the snowboys to build. They give out frozen DIYs if you make them perfectly (the head being about 90% of the body)

Excellent, thanks for all the info. Know what to look out for now at least. I'm 60 hours into the game and realised I've nothing of note done with my island and wasn't happy with where I plopped all the villagers houses so close to the middle. Flat out now building bridges and inclines and relocating villagers to the suburbs and hopefully make space in the middle to Christmas the place up if I get enough stuff in the run up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

skerry wrote: »

The snow is heavier today, and stays on the ground for just a bit longer than it used to. I love the subtle changes, and the way the colours have gradually faded without you really noticing.

Multipass wrote: »
    The snow is heavier today, and stays on the ground for just a bit longer than it used to. I love the subtle changes, and the way the colours have gradually faded without you really noticing.

When the trees start changing colour I couldn’t figure out why some were red and some stayed green

Then it dawned on me that’s how it happens in real life...

All brown leaves now. They’ll be covered in snow for months from tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

When the trees start changing colour I couldn’t figure out why some were red and some stayed green

Then it dawned on me that’s how it happens in real life...

All brown leaves now. They’ll be covered in snow for months from tomorrow...

I feel like a kid waiting for the snow tomorrow - can’t wait to go and play in it whilst not looking out the windows in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Finally, a green mum sprouted this morning - I got lucky with the blue roses early on in the game so this was the one I really wanted!

Also I have some spare seasonal DIY recipes from last month if any are in need:

- red-leaf pile
    - mush table
    - pine bonsai tree
    - tree's bounty arch
    - autumn wall

Can send them by mail or should be able to open island on weekend!

• Advertisement

Did I read somewhere that seasonal recipes are available even after the season passes? So mushrooms are gone now but you can still get mushroom diys

Did I read somewhere that seasonal recipes are available even after the season passes? So mushrooms are gone now but you can still get mushroom diys

I don’t think that’s the case but I wouldn’t be sure

The mention of snowboys brought back a lot of memories of animal crossing and wild world, of me making disfigured snowmen and then turning off the game to try again and having to hear the lecture from Resetti. I do not miss that :D

I don’t think that’s the case but I wouldn’t be sure

Well I got a acorn pochette diy from a balloon today so something's up :D

Well I got a acorn pochette diy from a balloon today so something's up :D

Today was the last day for acorn and pine cone recipes. I even had Isabelle tell me it was one of the last chances. Ha

Mushroom season - Nov 1 to 30

Maple season - Nov 16 to 25

Acorn and pine cone season - Sep 1 to Dec 10

And now...

Snowflake - Dec 11 to Feb 24

Festive - Dec 15 to Jan 6

To maybe save some people the half hour I just wasted checking every bare inch of my island, the snowball can be sitting in among the flowers :pac:

Welcome to winter folks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I had a bad start... 1 snowball I pushed into water, another burst on a holly bush, and then another on the holly bush. But I managed my first snow boy! Took me a while to realise I needed to catch the snowflakes. It is all so pretty!

Is it just one snowboy per island per day? My husband is playing now and doesn't seem to be any snowballs for him :( Bit unfair

• Advertisement

Is it just one snowboy per island per day? My husband is playing now and doesn't seem to be any snowballs for him :( Bit unfair

Let him do the snowboy tomorrow :)

We have 3 people on the island so it probably would get hectic if we built 3 a day! They last for 4 days and you get a large snowflake off them each day if you talk to them (and they’re perfect!)

Advertisement