Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Happy bunny day people:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

iamtony wrote: »
    Happy bunny day people:D

I’ll be glad when it’s over and fishing etc returns to normal. Although the
    bunny wand
    thing is pretty cool. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Didn't play at all the past few days but wanted to do the fishing festival so I decided to time travel back to yesterday.

Slight problem: didn't realize going back a day would cause all my turnips to go off so goodbye to my 500k bells investment :(:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Got the blasted prize, and will be happy when that ****ing bunny leaves the island for another year.

Somewhat coincidentally, my shop is selling a petrol container today. Don’t think you can use it on Zipper, alas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Gyan84 wrote: »
    didn't realize going back a day would cause all my turnips to go off so goodbye to my 500k bells investment :(:pac:

Well, you're not alone there Gyan. Didn't think I'd be genuinely annoyed at spoiling my digital turnips :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

If anyone wants to add me: SW-1504-0877-5697

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I’ll be glad when it’s over and fishing etc returns to normal. Although the
    bunny wand
    thing is pretty cool. :D

How did you get that? I got a
    basket
    off him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

How did you get that? I got a
    basket
    off him

You had to get all the bunny day recipes

Ya I have 38 of them, is that not all of them?

Edit: sorry ya, I didn't craft the arch he gave me

Well, you're not alone there Gyan. Didn't think I'd be genuinely annoyed at spoiling my digital turnips :D

Feck. Turnip lady only stays til noon? Think I missed her so. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

+1 for buying it from cdkeys.com. Nice and quick paying by PayPal and you get the download code straight away.

Thank you very much, saved €15! Happy Easter

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I haven't bought this(I'm 40 yrs old and I just can't bring myself to do it) but I'd say this could soon be the biggest selling game on Switch. Was always going to sell well anyway, but the whole Covid situation has boosted sales massively as well I'd say. I get the vibe of Animal Crossing being a "happy place". And where better to retreat to for a while during these troubled times.

manual_man wrote: »
    I haven't bought this(I'm 40 yrs old and I just can't bring myself to do it) but I'd say this could soon be the biggest selling game on Switch. Was always going to sell well anyway, but the whole Covid situation has boosted sales massively as well I'd say. I get the vibe of Animal Crossing being a "happy place". And where better to retreat to for a while during these troubled times.

What has your age got to do with buying it or not? :)

Fair enough if the game itself doesn't appeal to you but I wouldn't not get something I was interested in because of my age.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm 46 in a few weeks and I love it. :)

Feck. Turnip lady only stays til noon? Think I missed her so. :(

Ok crisis averted. I travelled back in time to 10am this morning and she was back again.

Bought a single batch of 10 turnips and travelled forward in time to the present to see if they would spoil - nope, turnips still good.

So travelled back a second time (the single batch spoiled) and bought a load of them, then came back to the present. All still good thank god. :pac:

It seems travelling forward in time is safe so long as you don't go past a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I’m old enough that I was an adult when the GameCube version came out. I didn’t get to play any of the versions in between, and I’m having a ball. Except that I’m the second player, and my teenager is in charge and doesn’t play often enough..... there’s an unusual complaint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Nintendo really are f'n ejits at times, so someone loaded up their profile on my Switch and went to play AC only to see it's not them starting a new game, it's one island per console? That's insane!! Imagine if this happened in any other game, it'd be a war. I'm enjoying my time with it but only I can enjoy the game... it's seem the only way she can play AC is buy her own switch and copy of the game... That's complete bs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Nintendo really are f'n ejits at times, so someone loaded up their profile on my Switch and went to play AC only to see it's not them starting a new game, it's one island per console? That's insane!! Imagine if this happened in any other game, it'd be a war. I'm enjoying my time with it but only I can enjoy the game... it's seem the only way she can play AC is buy her own switch and copy of the game... That's complete bs.

Yep, I totally agree. My 2 seem to get on ok sharing an island but it's totally miserable for Nintendo to be like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I really don't understand why people want their own island in a game that's all about fostering cooperation. Complain about the lack of support for non-residential reps starting out, sure, but your own island? This isn't sim city. (And it's not just you, please dont take this as an attack - this attitude is rife all over the place and I really don't get why - you're new to AC but the reviewers out there have no excuse). Weird - I don't see a lot of whining about the lack of gift giving and letter writing in Doom Eternal. Is it that AC NH is so big that it's reached beyond its audience? Or just that some genres people are happy to stay within the lines and other people insist the lines move to where they want them to be?

Forgot about the fishing tourney. Remembered with 2 mins to go. Think I got 7 but couldn't cash in for any prizes. Didn't get a basket off your man, just the arch. And the wand.

Banjo wrote: »
    I really don't understand why people want their own island in a game that's all about fostering cooperation. Complain about the lack of support for non-residential reps starting out, sure, but your own island? This isn't sim city. (And it's not just you, please dont take this as an attack - this attitude is rife all over the place and I really don't get why - you're new to AC but the reviewers out there have no excuse). Weird - I don't see a lot of whining about the lack of gift giving and letter writing in Doom Eternal. Is it that AC NH is so big that it's reached beyond its audience? Or just that some genres people are happy to stay within the lines and other people insist the lines move to where they want them to be?

Forgot about the fishing tourney. Remembered with 2 mins to go. Think I got 7 but couldn't cash in for any prizes. Didn't get a basket off your man, just the arch. And the wand.

This game is totally about setting up your own island, the lad in the tent is always going on about how amazing it is setting up things and making an island how you want it to be and this and that... so you can't do that with 2 other people who have to share your island and always change it or dry up resources. It's nonsense, maybe if it was a feature to share and island or have your own, like Minecraft. Then fine. But 1 island per console its bs and it's just Nintendo wanting parents to fork out for another console. Utter scum tactic. Then there is older kids who don't want younger kids to ruin their island because they're forced to share. There is no reason for this in 2020 to have 1 island per console. You are %100 a Ninty fanboy judging by your response comparing it to Doom, you haven't a clue. This isn't about what it has or hasn't, its about Nintendo doing sh*te backwards and locking a island to a console. Imagine if Minecraft done that, it'd be crucified and slaughtered in the press, reviews, online but because this is Nintendo and everyone who grew up with them refuse to say anything bad, they get a pass, you know it's true. Don't deny it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

This game is totally about setting up your own island, the lad in the tent is always going on about how amazing it is setting up things and making an island how you want it to be and this and that... so you can't do that with 2 other people who have to share your island and always change it or dry up resources. It's nonsense, maybe if it was a feature to share and island or have your own, like Minecraft. Then fine. But 1 island per console its bs and it's just Nintendo wanting parents to fork out for another console. Utter scum tactic. Then there is older kids who don't want younger kids to ruin their island because they're forced to share. There is no reason for this in 2020 to have 1 island per console. You are %100 a Ninty fanboy judging by your response comparing it to Doom, you haven't a clue. This isn't about what it has or hasn't, its about Nintendo doing sh*te backwards and locking a island to a console. Imagine if Minecraft done that, it'd be crucified and slaughtered in the press, reviews, online but because this is Nintendo and everyone who grew up with them refuse to say anything bad, they get a pass, you know it's true. Don't deny it.

No need for name calling young man. Apologise or go to your room.

It's not minecraft. But funnily enough I played Wyrm Online which Minecraft owes an awful lot to. And that was one island for the whole planet. ,So I'm afraid I have more clues than you give me credit for.

Doom was chosen because a) they were released the se day and b) everyone seems happy to accept the conventions of FPS and not seek a peaceful solution to the hellish invasion. But somehow not having every player on their own isolated island in a game about cooperation is a massive misstep?

Anyway, you have your opinion. Enjoy it. Don't feel you have to change it for me. Happy egg day!

Banjo wrote: »
    No need for name calling young man. Apologise or go to your room.

It's not minecraft. But funnily enough I played Wyrm Online which Minecraft owes an awful lot to. And that was one island for the whole planet. ,So I'm afraid I have more clues than you give me credit for.

Doom was chosen because a) they were released the se day and b) everyone seems happy to accept the conventions of FPS and not seek a peaceful solution to the hellish invasion. But somehow not having every player on their own isolated island in a game about cooperation is a massive misstep?

Anyway, you have your opinion. Enjoy it. Don't feel you have to change it for me. Happy egg day!

Name calling? AC isn't about co-op, it's about making your own island to the best you can. Doom doesn't tie your save to one console, "oh john your playing doom?" And he's just continuing my save... that would be a fair way to see it. Imagine putting on Pokemon and my sisters profile is just mine and she's continuing my game? It's rubbish. Don't make excuses for Nintendo, they know well what they're at. Happy Easter too. :D

I'm not sure how previous Animal Crossing games worked in this regard (I have the GC and 3DS versions but never played them much) but when the Switch supports multiple profiles then you really should have the option of an island/save game per profile - isn't that how it works with every other game on the system? Same as Xbox & PS4.

For sure I would not want my kids messing up my island. Same way I wouldn't want them messing up my progress on any other game on any other system I have - likewise I'm guessing they would not want Dad killing their rank on Rocket League etc. :D

I'm not sure how previous Animal Crossing games worked in this regard (I have the GC and 3DS versions but never played them much) but when the Switch supports multiple profiles then you really should have the option of an island/save game per profile - isn't that how it works with every other game on the system? Same as Xbox & PS4.

For sure I would not want my kids messing up my island. Same way I wouldn't want them messing up my progress on any other game on any other system I have - likewise I'm guessing they would not want Dad killing their rank on Rocket League etc. :D

They only worked like that in the past because of limitations of older hardware.

For instance, the game starts you off with Tom with a huge speech hyping up all the great stuff you'll be doing making your island... today I let my sister try it, she get's nothing of the sort of same experience, she doesn't get to name anything, pick the layout, speak to Tom about all the stuff she's be doing, she doesn't get to build her first Islander house for guests, start building for the first 3 residents, doesn't get to do a campsite or the celebrations... she's missing out on %90 of the game, basically she gets to load up the game, come to my island and can't do anything cause I've already chopped trees, collected flowers and fruit and done stuff for Tom... so...

A new villager moved in called Lucha, said he came from Skellig, isn't that someones island here? :D

I had an islander named Peanut who decided to move out, did she end up on Skellig?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Had to switch this off today the bunny is a complete sociopath I'm glad you didn't tell anyone I can't believe he didn't tell anyone think I'm just gonna skip ahead to Monday and sell all them eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Had to switch this off today the bunny is a complete sociopath I'm glad you didn't tell anyone I can't believe he didn't tell anyone think I'm just gonna skip ahead to Monday and sell all them eggs

I spent most of day crafting the remainder of my eggs because they sell for double the price of you craft them. Didn't realise how many eggs I had stockpiled... 350 wood eggs. THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY. I made a lot of bunny day lamps today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Have Tarantulae, will travel. :pac:

ZQHdP3W.jpg

(Damn Nook's Cranny closing times :mad:)

Would anyone have a bunny day wreath recipe?

• Advertisement

Would anyone have a bunny day wreath recipe?

Just checked, yep I have one.

Advertisement