Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Bells21 wrote: »
    Shooting stars on my island tonight will open the gate if anyone wants to pop across.

Is Celeste around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

RedRochey wrote: »
    Is Celeste around?

No celeste and I haven't even had a shooting star yet.... Thanks for nothing Isabelle!!
    Found celeste, gates are open

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Dodge wrote: »
    Sent!

Thank you so much for that!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Shooting stars on my island tonight will open the gate if anyone wants to pop across.

I’ve sent you a request if you’re still online, any stars shooting yet?

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I’ve sent you a request if you’re still online, any stars shooting yet?

Accepted and the gates are open

• Advertisement

Hey! I’ve met a few of you in the game now & seen some of your incredible islands in the last week or so & just wanted to thank you all, mainly for your generosity! Had my personal inventory filled up by everyone I’ve visited so far with everything possible from diy tutorials & art to flowers & fruit!
    Finally feel like I’m gaining control of my little island & starting to breed the flower varieties & roughly plan things out. Never played any of the Animal Crossing games at all before but I’m wondering now what I was missing out on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Finally unlocked the ladder. :P

Shooting stars in mine tonight!! Well, 4 of them at least :D
    Didn’t get any notifications or hear anything about it earlier, how often does it happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Shooting stars in mine tonight!! Well, 4 of them at least :D
    Didn’t get any notifications or hear anything about it earlier, how often does it happen?

At least once a week you’ll get a few shooting stars. Likely a couple of nights. Celeste will visit at least once a week

Meteor showers (announced by Isabelle) are rarer. I legit went 6 months without one (and then twice in 3 days)

Dodge wrote: »
    At least once a week you’ll get a few shooting stars. Likely a couple of nights. Celeste will visit at least once a week

Meteor showers (announced by Isabelle) are rarer. I legit went 6 months without one (and then twice in 3 days)

I found Celeste afterwards down on the beach. Stars are still shooting, I think there’s a limit on the next-day star fragments & I slipped up yesterday by seeing plenty of stars but not actually doing the ‘wishing’ bit when I was out visiting with Bells21 but the Nook Miles thing is telling me I’ve made 149 wishes so far!

149!! That’s gotta be worth a healthy Lotto win & a date with Natalie Portman..

• Advertisement

Olive is in boxes if anyone wants her to join their island, let me know if you want her or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elamad1987

Animal crossing newbie here. Loving it, completely addicted. I've just added my user name to the list on the the original post. Loving the pics of the islands I've seen here. I can't wait to grow mine :)

Elamad1987 wrote: »
    Animal crossing newbie here. Loving it, completely addicted. I've just added my user name to the list on the the original post. Loving the pics of the islands I've seen here. I can't wait to grow mine :)

How far along are you in? I’m just started myself but I’ve opened my gates if you wanted to pop across, I’ve an armful of pumpkins to give away! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elamad1987

Cool thanks. I got my switch on Tues so very new to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Didn't have much desire to play this past week to redesign the still fully Christmas island. I also was way too excited in the lead up and all the villagers now have Christmas catchphrases, houses full of toys and decorations and several Christmas outfits. Didn't really think that through at the time :D

Anyone come across some reliable layouts for breeding the flowers? I’ve been trying some basic (& some not so basic) arrangements I’ve seen online & I’m getting some new flowers back most days but it seems to be completely inconsistant as to what springs up & when. Am I best just pairing the colours off or will I get more returns from the more complicated layouts? Any help appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Anyone come across some reliable layouts for breeding the flowers? I’ve been trying some basic (& some not so basic) arrangements I’ve seen online & I’m getting some new flowers back most days but it seems to be completely inconsistant as to what springs up & when. Am I best just pairing the colours off or will I get more returns from the more complicated layouts? Any help appreciated!

There’s loads of guides online but I found this the simplest. Just waiting on the blue rose. If you get the rest, you’ll soon get a hang of it

I use the layout

F1 (x) F1 (x)
    (x) F2 (x) F2
    F1 (x) F1 (x)
    (x) F2 (x) F2

F1 = flower colour one
    F2 = flower colour two
    (X) = space

I went through each flower type. So did cosmos until I got all them etc

As I said just waiting on the blue rose now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I think it just takes time, you could have the perfect layout but there's still a low % that they'll cross breed

having 5 friends water them is a big advantage as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

This guide is useful but I still haven’t got blue roses and I’m playing since day 1!!

I used this guide for the flowers, I found it really reliable and gives you a few options for everything. I mostly went with the turtle layout.

The fastest way after you have the seeds planted is to get visitors come water your flowers. You can ask here if anyone is available to come over. I used reddit a lot, other people there want watering so you can trade. Just takes time to organise going there and them coming to you, especially if you do it 5 times.

https://yuexr.github.io/acnh/garden_layouts.html

• Advertisement

I know there are all these guides out there to get different colours of flowers. I'm sure they do work in their own way but I also think there is a lot of luck involved. I got a blue rose within a couple of weeks of playing and I've put it down to chance. I'm sure having others from different islands water you plants really helps too, as that's when the blue rose started to bloom. I had the most trouble getting green mums, which only happened in the past month. I must look to see what I'm missing now!

Begging cap in hand.... Does anyone have any diner type flooring that they could send? Particularly if it was red but I'm not fussy at this stage.

Begging cap in hand.... Does anyone have any diner type flooring that they could send? Particularly if it was red but I'm not fussy at this stage.

I have simple red flooring, black & white or green & cream “vinyl” square tile flooring, or ‘mint dot’ flooring if they’re any good?

I have simple red flooring, black & white or green & cream “vinyl” square tile flooring, or ‘mint dot’ flooring if they’re any good?

Oh actually the cream vinyl flooring would work. If you wouldn't mind of course?

Oh actually the cream vinyl flooring would work. If you wouldn't mind of course?

The green & cream squares? I’ll send it to you now.

The green & cream squares? I’ll send it to you now.

Thank you, let me know how I can repay!

Thank you, let me know how I can repay!

Not at all! Unless you have Celeste... :pac:

Not at all! Unless you have Celeste... :pac:

Unfortunately not! Only flick wandering about today.

Blue bear gave me her photo for the second time the other day. Didn’t expect that! Has anyone else ever been given a photo twice?

• Advertisement

Blue bear gave me her photo for the second time the other day. Didn’t expect that! Has anyone else ever been given a photo twice?

Yes! I got a second from Pekoe a few weeks ago. She's been on the island since nearly the start so I guess she just forgot she gave it to me months ago :D

Advertisement