Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

One of the songs playing in the background is reminding me of ‘Gigalos Get Lonely Too’ by Prince! :D Funkaaay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I have Marina in boxes if anyone wants a pink octopus. I also have a spare Stormy night wall, and DIYs of the ironwood cart and snowflake wall. And 3 turquoise heart rugs (they were so cute I kept buying them)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Anyone have Celeste? She seems to have abandoned me altogether. I need the Capricorn recipe!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Anyone have Celeste? She seems to have abandoned me altogether. I need the Capricorn recipe!

Just logged on and she's here! No stars but let me know if you want to pop over!

tbahh wrote: »
    Just logged on and she's here! No stars but let me know if you want to pop over!

Oh cool! Can I?

• Advertisement

Oh cool! Can I?

Of course, I might be away so please excuse the mess. Christmas stuff everywhere!

EDIT: Open! She was last seen around the back.
    If anyone else wants to see her, feel free to pop over!

Thanks! My phone is broken so I can’t chat either!

Thanks! My phone is broken so I can’t chat either!

No worries, it's a pain to do it without app. If I bump into you, I won't feel offended when you say nowt! :D

No worries, it's a pain to do it without app. If I bump into you, I won't feel offended when you say nowt! :D

I can’t find how to type chat on the switch but suffice to say I hate you & your blue roses lol

Thanks a mill for opening. Hopefully I’ll get my phone fixed soon!

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill for opening. Hopefully I’ll get my phone fixed soon!

No problem, pleasure to have you over! Shame there were no stars but glad you got to see Celeste... as well as the blue flowers! :D

No problem, pleasure to have you over! Shame there were no stars but glad you got to see Celeste... as well as the blue flowers! :D

Fecker. Next time I’m bringing my shovel :D

I missed closing time in the clothing shop the other night after finding what I thought was a nice download-worthy pathway tileset on Reddit. I didn’t want to wait until the next day & the design looked simple & like something I could probably replicate, so I opened up the editor & started recreating the tile.
    It worked out pretty nice & I think it looks good! However, the problem I have with it (other than the fact that it’s not really my design) is that initially I thought it might work out in total to contain maybe 10-12 tiles as a set to turn whatever way I wanted & pave my way around the island. I’m up to 38 tiles at last count!
    There’s nothing too complicated about it, all the tiles are based off the first one so it has been pretty easy to copy & paste bits of the first tile to create every tile that follows but I’m a little worried I’m running out of slots now to keep stuff I might want to make in the future.

My question is, is there a way for me to gain more custom editor slots to create in later in the game or if is there a limit on how much I can upload online? If I upload all of my (so far!) 38 path tiles & recreate something new in the editor slots does my initial work stay available to me from the machine in the clothing shop?

Any guidance (other than stop making path tiles!) appreciated!

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I missed closing time in the clothing shop the other night after finding what I thought was a nice download-worthy pathway tileset on Reddit. I didn’t want to wait until the next day & the design looked simple & like something I could probably replicate, so I opened up the editor & started recreating the tile.
    It worked out pretty nice & I think it looks good! However, the problem I have with it (other than the fact that it’s not really my design) is that initially I thought it might work out in total to contain maybe 10-12 tiles as a set to turn whatever way I wanted & pave my way around the island. I’m up to 38 tiles at last count!
    There’s nothing too complicated about it, all the tiles are based off the first one so it has been pretty easy to copy & paste bits of the first tile to create every tile that follows but I’m a little worried I’m running out of slots now to keep stuff I might want to make in the future.

My question is, is there a way for me to gain more custom editor slots to create in later in the game or if is there a limit on how much I can upload online? If I upload all of my (so far!) 38 path tiles & recreate something new in the editor slots does my initial work stay available to me from the machine in the clothing shop?

Any guidance (other than stop making path tiles!) appreciated!

There’s no way to get more slots, this is something every one is complaining about. Hopefully Nintendo will listen... meanwhile stop making path tiles haha, seriously you’ll want those slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I'd love to see the path you're making that takes 38 slots :D most paths take 10/12

RedRochey wrote: »
    I'd love to see the path you're making that takes 38 slots :D most paths take 10/12

It’s not even that complicated or fancy, I can’t really figure out what I’m needing the 38 slots for! I could post it up later when I’m on but it’d probably take me all day to post all the tiles :D I’ll leave my gates open so easiest is to drop over & have a look for yourself, you’re welcome anytime!

Heavy meteor shower and Celeste here tonight! Dodo code is BSLLV if you want to pop over.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Redd is on my island and he has a real Famous painting (Mona Lisa) and a fake serene painting and fake moving painting. Dodo code is 3NLKV if anyone wants to come.

Edit: Mona Lisa is gone.

I gotta ask, why are all my residents obsessed with working out? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I gotta ask, why are all my residents obsessed with working out? :D

It's a personality type, there are a lot of jocks. I tended to avoid letting them on my island though the occasional work-out sessions in the main square were pretty funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Celeste is here with the new Aquarius recipe, on the left hand beach. Gates open for half hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

Celeste is on my island, if anyone would like to visit i have gates open
    Dodo is 307YC

•brain-fart•

Stumbled upon the transparency tile overlay effect with the path-builder tool last night while messing around. It might allow me to simplify a lot of my crazy path design! (bye bye 38-odd tiles!). Get that guitar-playing dog on your island & unlock the construction tools if you haven’t already..

..dammit, I’m pretty sure Animal Crossing owns me now!

•brain-fart•

Stumbled upon the transparency tile overlay effect with the path-builder tool last night while messing around. It might allow me to simplify a lot of my crazy path design! (bye bye 38-odd tiles!). Get that guitar-playing dog on your island & unlock the construction tools if you haven’t already..

..dammit, I’m pretty sure Animal Crossing owns me now!

I’m weird about this, but it really bothers me not to have footsteps when you use a designed path. I can only use them in small areas, I need to hear myself running! :D

Having said that, is there any hope of more design slots in the next update? It’s so frustrating having to repeat the same few designs all over the island.

Multipass wrote: »
    I’m weird about this, but it really bothers me not to have footsteps when you use a designed path. I can only use them in small areas, I need to hear myself running! :D

Having said that, is there any hope of more design slots in the next update? It’s so frustrating having to repeat the same few designs all over the island.

Even being able to rotate each tile would cut my slot-usage in 4, would be sooo handy!

EDB64570-AC20-452-F-A736-840522-CFD8-E7.jpg

..and do you have a valid license to busk here sir? :D

Does anyone have the red or the white round space heater in their nooks?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Only black on sale in ours.

I don't have in store but can send a white one through Nook Shop if you're still in need? Don't have red!

• Advertisement

I don't have in store but can send a white one through Nook Shop if you're still in need? Don't have red!

Yes please that would be great! I only have orange and its not looking right at my valentines market. Its such a cute item, the villagers bend down and warm themselves at it :D

Advertisement