Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Yes please that would be great! I only have orange and its not looking right at my valentines market. Its such a cute item, the villagers bend down and warm themselves at it :D

Didn't know they did that, must put one up outside. I'll send it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

New update announced with a dance festival on Feb 15th. Looks fun!

https://twitter.com/nintendouk/status/1354067070225362946?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

New update on Thursday. Seems to suggest you can dancing is being introduced?

http://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1354066778847113216?s=21

Mario stuff to come in March...

Dodge wrote: »
    New update on Thursday. Seems to suggest you can dancing is being introduced?

Mario stuff to come in March...

Haha beat ya to it :P

Haha beat ya to it :P

Ha. I’ll have to share some of the other stuff on the Japanese site. New items include a megaphone and maracas

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/703cc041-e5ff-4399-b70b-33fe7e4f49d9

• Advertisement

Dancing looks cool but it doesn't seem to be that much of a big update. And it's kind of been the same update since the summer one when swimming was reintroduced: collecting DIY recipes; catching leaf/snowflake/feather with net; guest NPC stands on main square and asks you to fetch something; etc.

While I am grateful the game is being updated, and why wouldn't it as it's probably sold over 30+ million copies by now, the DLC is feeling a bit same-y. I would have thought by now we would have more interesting things to do. The pier hasn't been used yet and I'm sure it will be. Even something like that treasure hunt challenge Rover organised last year would be fun to do. Even basic QoL changes (crafting more items in one go, etc) haven't been implemented.

Maybe they're waiting until March for the 1st anniversary to have a huge update.

Ha. I’ll have to share some of the other stuff on the Japanese site. New items include a megaphone and maracas

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/703cc041-e5ff-4399-b70b-33fe7e4f49d9

You can get a mini Mr Ressetti figurine. That looks class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

New update announced with a dance festival on Feb 15th. Looks fun!

https://twitter.com/nintendouk/status/1354067070225362946?s=21

Yay, time to start building more dance floors!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

tbahh wrote: »
    Dancing looks cool but it doesn't seem to be that much of a big update. And it's kind of been the same update since the summer one when swimming was reintroduced: collecting DIY recipes; catching leaf/snowflake/feather with net; guest NPC stands on main square and asks you to fetch something; etc.

While I am grateful the game is being updated, and why wouldn't it as it's probably sold over 30+ million copies by now, the DLC is feeling a bit same-y. I would have thought by now we would have more interesting things to do. The pier hasn't been used yet and I'm sure it will be. Even something like that treasure hunt challenge Rover organised last year would be fun to do. Even basic QoL changes (crafting more items in one go, etc) haven't been implemented.

Maybe they're waiting until March for the 1st anniversary to have a huge update.

I just want a lil part time job at the pigeon's coffee shop, is it too much to ask :D

I just want a lil part time job at the pigeon's coffee shop, is it too much to ask :D

Exactly! Should we say Justice (or Juicetice * In-game smirking expression*) for Brewster!

• Advertisement

I only start playing in April so I missed the whole Easter bunny thing but I think that might be the first big test. I think smaller updates are fine but if they start just recycling them then I’m sure plenty more will get bored

For me there’s things like bug and fish models that I ignored when I needed the cash selling them that I can try and gather. Defo playing less now of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I only start playing in April so I missed the whole Easter bunny thing but I think that might be the first big test. I think smaller updates are fine but if they start just recycling them then I’m sure plenty more will get bored

For me there’s things like bug and fish models that I ignored when I needed the cash selling them that I can try and gather. Defo playing less now of course

Oh no don’t mention Bunny Day, I’m not sure I can do that again, unless they change it a bit. Or even if they change it :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Yay Mermaid Fence!! Time to redo my island...

Pity the megaphone doesn't work like in the older games and I really wanted Brewster too. Hes the only pigeon in the world that doesn't terrify me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yay Mermaid Fence!! Time to redo my island...

Pity the megaphone doesn't work like in the older games and I really wanted Brewer too. Hes the only pigeon in the world that doesn't terrify me!!!

The megaphone like it used to work would be such a great quality of life improvement. Could be even easier though if they put a thing in the Nookphone to allow you to check where the villagers are!

So the update today is the maracas (cool btw), 4 season items for sale in the nook app and the mermaid wall DIY available from Pascal, yeah?

Then the festival stuff on sale from February (including the dance reactions)

Seen a list of the new stuff and *most* is only available from February AFAIK?

EDIT - the megaphone we have for sale is the ‘fiery’ one. There’s 4 types. Don’t know if the others will become available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Star Lord wrote: »
    The megaphone like it used to work would be such a great quality of life improvement. Could be even easier though if they put a thing in the Nookphone to allow you to check where the villagers are!

What did the megaphone used to do before?

So the update today is the maracas (cool btw), 4 season items for sale in the nook app and the mermaid wall DIY available from Pascal, yeah?

Then the festival stuff on sale from February (including the dance reactions)

Seen a list of the new stuff and *most* is only available from February AFAIK?

EDIT - the megaphone we have for sale is the ‘fiery’ one. There’s 4 types. Don’t know if the others will become available

Yeah, it's probably the lightest update thus far. However, given that the Mario items are coming in March, it seems that the wait for the next update won't be as long. I could even see a video releasing late February showing off what Mushroom Kingdom goodies we'll be getting. Maybe Mario might be a surprise guest on the plaza? No, I don't think Nintendo would go for that.

I'm thinking/hoping there will be a big update on the game's 1st anniversary. Hopefully new buildings, quests, etc.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Anybody looking for the ‘famous’ [Mona Lisa] painting? I have one in the museum & one in storage & I think they’re both real, not sure what to do with the spare one.

RedRochey wrote: »
    What did the megaphone used to do before?

You could call the villagers names and they'd respond, so you'd see a speech bubble of in whatever direction they were

The little one time travelled to Monday. The festivale furniture is on sale in the Cranny (bottom corner - 1 per day, can’t buy multiples). The clothes on sale in Able Sisters

The dance moves are hilarious. She sent me a million videos last night (and she was down to playing once every 3/4 days)

• Advertisement

Does anyone have cosmos in their shop today?? Trying to grow the hybrids finally!!

Had a look earlier but no dice! I don’t think I’ve ever seen cosmos in my shop. I have a few scattered around, I could give you one or two of each if you needed them?

Does anyone have cosmos in their shop today?? Trying to grow the hybrids finally!!

None in my shop but I’m almost sure I have some in storage. I’ll check in the morning & send them to you if I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Ankha the Egyptian cat is camping on my island today. Was all for her moving until she wanted to oust Katt! Not happening and I don't have the energy to go through all the dialog over and over to get my way!

Thanks so much guys, ye are too sweet. No worries at all, I'm sure Leif will show up soon with seeds!! I was just getting notions!!!

Hate when campers don't pick the villager you want them to.... its like they know who you definitely don't want to leave!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

I've had a look there and only hyacinth and windflowers in the Cranny today here. I thought I had some in storage but none there either.

I’m pretty sure the only reason I have any cosmos at all is cos a Boardsie gifted them to me at the start of my AC journey so I’m happy to help anyone any way I can.

•ahem•

Anyone looking for a pyramid? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Bells21 wrote: »
    Ankha the Egyptian cat is camping on my island today. Was all for her moving until she wanted to oust Katt! Not happening and I don't have the energy to go through all the dialog over and over to get my way!

She’s in my campsite today too!

We've had Ankha on our island for a while now, quite like her tbh!

• Advertisement

Thanks so much guys, ye are too sweet. No worries at all, I'm sure Leif will show up soon with seeds!! I was just getting notions!!!

Hate when campers don't pick the villager you want them to.... its like they know who you definitely don't want to leave!!

Sent you 10 red & 10 yellow cosmos but I can only send you 2 letters per day. I have 10 white as well, if you want to pop over for them let me know otherwise I can post them to you tomorrow.

Advertisement