Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

It's grand got one in the sky after grinding, that reward off the bunny was not worth it. Won't be doing it again, every Easter item gone for sale. Good riddance haha.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah I’m just crafting everything I can with the remaining eggs and going to sell them in the morning. Laborious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    words

It should have worked where each profile has an island, but you can freely travel by boat to the other islands around you, so all the profiles on your system could visit each other freely.
    This is Nintendo unfortunately, so they went a simpler way.

It makes sense to me, the game is about building up a community and working together, but I also get that people would love to customise their own island and it robs them of that.

Do the eggs disappear tomorrow? I've got hundreds in my house storage...

Also I have a recipe for the wand going spare if anyone is in need, it's by my airport, not sure how online island visiting works, I've only been doing it locally.

/\/ollog wrote: »

Do the eggs disappear tomorrow? I've got hundreds in my house storage...

Also I have a recipe for the wand going spare if anyone is in need, it's by my airport, not sure how online island visiting works, I've only been doing it locally.

Fairly sure they won’t disappear, probably just won’t be able to get anymore.

Just spent the last hour crafting, well over 100 items dropped all around the shop ready to sell tomorrow. Silly design only letting you craft one item at time. Anyway, hopefully the next event they do is better implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Selling all my eggs to Timmy & Tommy along with all the other egg related sh*te I crafted. I’ll keep the Zipper toy & the wand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

They REALLY need to have some sort of way to go straight to the "Search via Dodo Code" in the airport.
    Maybe add like a 'self check in' style computer over to the side of yer man or something that just shows the enter code page.

Having to re-navigate through all the menus, asking each time if you wanna connect to local or online etc every single time a code either doesn't work, or the specific island is full is an absolute pain.

Even an option to 'try another code' would be more than enough. No idea why 'try searching again' is the only choice, especially seeing as you could have typed it wrong :confused:

Agree, and they defo need a try another code option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

A lot of the text needs to f off, having to go through the same 20 bits of dialogue to get to what you want to for the 39th time that day is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Anyone got a decent turnip prize this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Anyone got a decent Turnip price today that wouldn’t mind letting me visit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

A new villager moved in called Lucha, said he came from Skellig, isn't that someones island here? :D

I had an islander named Peanut who decided to move out, did she end up on Skellig?

Skellig is me and yeah, Lucha moved from my island. I spoke with him every day, even gave him a Boxing Ring rug, but he still moved away. Peanut came to me alright :/ wouldn't mind her moving on as well. Every day or so, she annoys or depresses one of my other islanders so I've not spoken with her in at least a week and she gets a few swats of the net most times I pass her. It's only a matter of time before she gets lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    A lot of the text needs to f off, having to go through the same 20 bits of dialogue to get to what you want to for the 39th time that day is a joke.

As much as I love the game it has plenty of QoL issues. Not being able to craft stuff like fish bait in batches is my biggest annoyance at the minute.

Hopefully they patch in being able to craft from storage too, when in your own house at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That is a massive pain in the arse, same as having to go through the incremental steps to build new tools - although I gather that using a customisation kit on your tool resets it's use, and that's 1 crafting animation instead of two, as well as a single stack of resources to keep in inventory or on the ground beside your diy station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Anyone got a decent Turnip price today that wouldn’t mind letting me visit?

Only 117 bells this morning. I’ll see what it is after 12. In other news it’s lashing rain on my island so I get to wear my new raincoat & go fishing for caoelacanths

Only 117 bells this morning. I’ll see what it is after 12. In other news it’s lashing rain on my island so I get to wear my new raincoat & go fishing for caoelacanths

Turnips only 89 bells on Castaway island. I’ve actually never had it rain here so far. Also, bridges and inclines make such a difference to getting around your island, great they are. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Bought mine for 90 and its down to 72 today....

Oh well, had K.K arrive and can now pave to my hearts content.

Just sold all the egg related crap I crafted from my remaining eggs - 207,400 bells - not too shabby. Great not getting egg drops anymore too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Bought mine for 90 and its down to 72 today....

Oh well, had K.K arrive and can now pave to my hearts content.

Same here, waiting since Friday over the Fishing Tourney and *shudder* Bunny Day. Just need to offload my Turnips now for a decent price to fund a full island remodel :D

52 bells this morning, 48 bells just now :(

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Just sold all the egg related crap I crafted from my remaining eggs - 207,400 bells - not too shabby. Great not getting egg drops anymore too. :pac:

Nice! I must do that too. Does anyone know is there a fish guy like Flick that turns up & pays loads?

Also, updated turnip price is 147 bells

• Advertisement

yes, the guy from the Fishing Fesitval, CJ. He sets a challenge (catch 3 big fish was mine), will get flick to make you a fish sculpture and buys fish for decent money

He was in my village the day you were over, I mentioned he was on the hill to the east. I should have maybe stressed what made him important. Sorry!

Banjo wrote: »
    yes, the guy from the Fishing Fesitval, CJ. He sets a challenge (catch 3 big fish was mine), will get flick to make you a fish sculpture and buys fish for decent money

He was in my village the day you were over, I mentioned he was on the hill to the east. I should have maybe stressed what made him important. Sorry!

No worries, I’m sure he’ll turn up again soon. I have 2 tuna, a marlin & a sturgeon in tanks So far waiting on him :D

Sahara the carpet guy is on my island if anyone wants to buy some rain-soaked rugs

Sahara the carpet guy is on my island if anyone wants to buy some rain-soaked rugs

He’s visiting here too. Got a mad looking security camera wallpaper, creepy.

Also, Goose is obsessed with you, keeps banging on about your Trivia Savant title - “That’s the kind of thing I’d call my muscles, except Holly’s WHOLE BODY is called that!”. :pac: :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    He’s visiting here too. Got a mad looking security camera wallpaper, creepy.

Also, Goose is obsessed with you, keeps banging on about your Trivia Savant title - “That’s the kind of thing I’d call my muscles, except Holly’s WHOLE BODY is called that!”. :pac: :pac:

Ha that’s coz he’s moonlighting - he lives on my island too lol. Just had the most hilarious conversation between him & another villager about how deadly his muscles are - calling his muscles shazdominal because they’re so amazing

Ha that’s coz he’s moonlighting - he lives on my island too lol. Just had the most hilarious conversation between him & another villager about how deadly his muscles are - calling his muscles shazdominal because they’re so amazing

Hahaha nutjob that lad. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

Banjo wrote: »
    That is a massive pain in the arse, same as having to go through the incremental steps to build new tools - although I gather that using a customisation kit on your tool resets it's use, and that's 1 crafting animation instead of two, as well as a single stack of resources to keep in inventory or on the ground beside your diy station.

Is this true? The game doesn't tell you these things. I always thought about doing it but thought it'd just be a waste!

Thank you.

106 is my turnip price btw

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

I don’t know if ye know this, but on Twitch and twitter you can regularly find people letting people in to sell turnips at 500+ bells. I made 10 million bells yesterday but buying a full inventory and queuing to sell repeatedly

https://turnip.exchange/islands manages queues for this, but the 4-600 queues fill up REEEEALLY fast. A lot of islands charge for the visit.

edit :
    They only display islands you can join the queue for so you need to refresh, wait for a big price and keep that window open 'cause you won't get to join the queue the first time you click it. Every time someone leaves the island will reappear on the islands page. Got in a queue for a 300 bell island but I don't have the upfront fee of 99K per visit :(

If you have 200K, https://turnip.exchange/island/d2cc4343 for 573 per turnip

• Advertisement

Paying to visit, feck that.

Advertisement