Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Omg this is too adorable. Boris ran over to me & made me bring him to my house & give him a tour of every room! It was so lovely!

Am I the only one up at midnight to see the dlc?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

She came to my house and sat down with the other teddy bears 😭 It's the little things in life

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Mrs Dodge hadn’t played in months and has racked up about 7 hours since the update already. There is so much new stuff.

the paradise planning game is cool too if you like designing rooms. Stuff that you buy with poki goes into your catalogue and you can more of them with bells on the main island

one thing though, Leif is selling the same stuff today that he was yesterday. Specifically carrot plants. So without trading you might have to wait a few weeks for all the veggies

I don’t mind btw. Trying not to rush everything. We get our coffee shop tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

So I bought the switch online family membership update but my daughter wanted the happy homes dlc and it said I was free if you paid for the switch online thing?

I didn't know that. Is it correct?

• Advertisement

There’s two types of Nintendo online family membership

The ‘standard one’ is €35 a year

The ‘expansion pack’ which includes the happy homes DLC (and other stuff) is €70 a year

if you’ve bought the second one then yeah, the DLC is included

(FWIW we have the €35 membership and I paid €25 for the standalone DLC)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

That's grand so, thanks. I thought I needed the family plan for 70 to get the free update and the dlc was completely separate.

I unlocked Leif on Harv’s island today and he has carrots and wheat plants. Let me know if you want some!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Ooo would love some wheat please!!! Sent you some sugar this morn xXx

Haha I already sent you some before I posted! Thanks a mill for the sugarcane!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I got Leif in the hippy market now, he has sugar canes and tomatoes today. I bought lots if anyone wants me to post them some 😊

Oh yes please! I can send you carrots & wheat in return?

Would love some tomatoes please! Let me know if you need anything in return?

I went with Reece and Cyrus first...

I need tomatoes if they’re going! Can give carrots in return!

(ps thanks for the gifts of sugar and wheat folks!)

Just heard the most adorable thing yet! If you gift your villagers the souvenir chocolates they will ask to go to the vacation island with you!!! They can play etc there and you get to design a vacay house for them too. They remain on your island though but I reckon when they leave your main island their holl houses will still be on the vacation island, so never truly gone!!!

I have a spare recipe for fish & chips if anyone wants it?

I took way too much pride in harvesting my first carrots today. Can’t even use them in a recipe yet but still, so much pride

Celeste just gave me a new recipe for a yellow star rug! New Celeste recipes! Yay! Let me know if anyone wants to come over to grab it. Redd is here too but all fakes.

New Celeste recipes???!! O yay!

Leif has spuds this week if anyone still needs them??

Oh I’ll take some spuds please! If you want to come over for Celeste I can open in a few mins?

gates open for about 20 mins if anyone wants Celeste.

• Advertisement

Spuds are only crop I’m missing so yes please! He has wheat and tomatoes for me if anyone needs them

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Really enjoying this update. Loving all the new items. I haven't got the paid DLC yet. There is so much to do with the new free update that I've been kept busy. Also has made me want to completely redesign the island, which will take ages. I'm getting a good laugh out of the gyroids and bumping into NPC's in the Roost.

I ended up on a tomato island thanks to Kapp'n so got them. Leif selling wheat and pumpkins (the cheek of him). I wish he along with Redd would change their stock daily.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it and looking forward to investing more time into the game.

I believe Redd changing his stock the next day if you buy the items

Yes I heard this too. I went to test it yesterday but he was visiting on my island so his stall on Harv's Island was closed. Will test it today instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Leif on my island selling carrot and tomato starts. If anyone wants me to open up island, let me know!

We got Marlo the little mafia boss through the campsite. Daughter was delighted.

Is he the new character? I decorated his house in the dlc. He’s deadly!

Yeah. Brand new. I see people going nuts over the new bunny (Sasha) and a new deer (Shino) with this lad a distant third

We’ve never really ‘hunted’ villagers but seem to have got a lot of the popular ones by chance

Been a couple of weeks now, how are people finding the update? We got the DLC and I’m enjoying that. The progression is good. I have the school and a restaurant open. Not rushing into it but enjoying opening up new bits for the main island

We’ve decided to remodel 3 areas and have to wait to get some of the items but that’s OK

Played more in the last 2 weeks than the 3/4 months before it anyway

• Advertisement

I feel so guilty! I got the dlc too and have hardly touched it there was so much new in the free update. Have to say I don’t get the love for Brewster. This is my first AC game and I knew people loved him, but the interactions seem v short and limited. I do like that you can use amiibo to invite characters to a coffee date though! I really want to redo loads of my island but I’m stuck for ideas. It’s certainly reignited my love for the game. Now just need to find the time!

Advertisement