Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Paying to visit, feck that.

I bought a full inventory for 360k bells, sold them for 2.1million bells. It was worth paying the 2 Nook Miles tickets :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Banjo wrote: »
    https://turnip.exchange/islands manages queues for this, but the 4-600 queues fill up REEEEALLY fast. A lot of islands charge for the visit.

edit :
    They only display islands you can join the queue for so you need to refresh, wait for a big price and keep that window open 'cause you won't get to join the queue the first time you click it. Every time someone leaves the island will reappear on the islands page. Got in a queue for a 300 bell island but I don't have the upfront fee of 99K per visit :(

If you have 200K, https://turnip.exchange/island/d2cc4343 for 573 per turnip

This is disgusting carry-on and completely at odds with the spirit of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Yep - they fence off the island to funnel people in and out quick and stop theft. One guy hired bouncers.

Sharing the good price is, of course, totally AC spirit. But turning it into a profitable machine is just wrong. And I'll condemn it at the top of my lungs as soon as I sell these 50 stacks of turnips .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

What do people need that many bells for? I know the house will cost around 4 million to get all the upgrades but other than that there's not much else to spend on, bridges and inclines a bit I guess but you can only have 8 of those I think

I reckon they're moving their house around a few times a week so they can pretend they're Dr. Who

I need the money to fund houses for my 3 kids. Who don't know I have the game yet, so buying them a few upgrades will earn me some forgiveness :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

rm212 wrote: »
    I bought a full inventory for 360k bells, sold them for 2.1million bells. It was worth paying the 2 Nook Miles tickets :rolleyes:

I was referring to banjo’s post where some folks are charging you 200k to visit their island because they have a good turnip price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

What do people need that many bells for? I know the house will cost around 4 million to get all the upgrades but other than that there's not much else to spend on, bridges and inclines a bit I guess but you can only have 8 of those I think

I have the full size house, I spent the first week or two grinding that out before even thinking about getting 3 stars, I've spent a lot of money and days just moving my bridges and stuff literally 2 or 3 blocks to the left heh.

I was referring to banjo’s post where some folks are charging you 200k to visit their island because they have a good turnip price.

I know... 200K is a bit steep alright, but that’s an extreme price. I paid someone two Nook miles tickets for their turnip price. Honestly I don’t really see why people are so disgusted with the tip? These people sit around for hours allowing people to go in and out of their island, I think asking for 2 Nook Miles Tickets or 20-50K bells as a tip for helping you earn 2 million is fair enough?

It's not so much the tip as the demanding it, I reckon. I think in an ideal Animal Crossing world, you wouldn't have to fence your island off to stop dicks from ruining your flowers and looting your orchards and you wouldn't have to pay to visit an island. People would open up because it's nice to share and wouldn't trash the place because respect costs nothing.

But we don't live in that world. And the game itself doesn't help. Opening your island to strangers is at best an imposition due to the way the game handles connections and at worst the death of all order and tidiness. The visiting fee pays for fences and the imposition and the threat of disconnection if you don't cough up, along with long wait times, keeps timewasters at bay.

Which is criminal in a game that's predominantly about wasting time well :D

99K seems to be the going rate on that Exchange site, even for a measily 150 per turnip. And if you have 99K lying around on a monday you're clearly not serious about Turnip buying :D

It's not so much the tip as the demanding it, I reckon. I think in an ideal Animal Crossing world, you wouldn't have to fence your island off to stop dicks from ruining your flowers and looting your orchards and you wouldn't have to pay to visit an island. People would open up because it's nice to share and wouldn't trash the place because respect costs nothing.

But we don't live in that world. And the game itself doesn't help. Opening your island to strangers is at best an imposition due to the way the game handles connections and at worst the death of all order and tidiness. The visiting fee pays for fences and the imposition and the threat of disconnection if you don't cough up, along with long wait times, keeps timewasters at bay.

Which is criminal in a game that's predominantly about wasting time well :D

99K seems to be the going rate on that Exchange site, even for a measily 150 per turnip. And if you have 99K lying around on a monday you're clearly not serious about Turnip buying :D

This ^ very well put. 99K for 150 bells is definitely scrounging, but I think the person yesterday who only asked for 2 Nook Miles tickets for 533 bells was perfectly fair for them giving up their time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I visited a randomers island this morning to sell Turnips, they only asked for a Nook Miles Ticket as an exchange which was no problem. I'm now 1.5mil richer!

How did you find this person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

How did you find this person?

On this page:
    https://turnip.exchange/islands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Sad lads they are, it's a game, who's going around worrying about selling these turnups like that? What's to buy, do lads just want their island finished in a week?

Were you not time travelling to get things done quicker instead of waiting? :D same thing really

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Sad lads they are, it's a game, who's going around worrying about selling these turnups like that? What's to buy, do lads just want their island finished in a week?

It's what, 24 hours since you were complaining that Nintendo were preventing you from playing the game the way you felt it should be, and now you're judging the Turnip shillers for playing it the way they feel it should be, which incidentally aligns with your ethos of "it's about making your own island to the best you can."? Pick a lane!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Had my island open one day last week on turnips.exchange, had a turnip price of something like 465. Didn't require anything, but said donations would be appreciated. Had a few visit multiple times, and give me 99k each time, which was fantastic. I did fence off the path to the shop, so my island wouldn't be raided though!

Those demanding high prices (saw some looking for x gold or y nook miles tickets which seemed extortionate) are shooting themselves in the foot, as you'll often see them with 0 queue, and a queue for those with lower prices, but reasonable, or no demands.

Were you not time travelling to get things done quicker instead of waiting? :D same thing really

Completely different, time travelling the first 3 days is essential imo as it takes ages to get across a river, get a ladder etc. Also my island sucked balls and can't change it, I was surrounded at all sides with water on a little bit of land so after 10 minutes my picking and chopping was done.

My complaints yesterday are about Nintendo's scummy practices not how to play the game. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Paying to visit, feck that.

I regularly track #dodocode on twitter. Saw some new user requesting 10k for entry. Also mentioned that their island's native fruit was Pear, the one fruit I was missing.

Hopped on the first plane and argued at the gate til he swapped me a pear and I jogged off without paying a bell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Oh the joy of egg-free balloons.

• Advertisement

Oh the joy of egg-free balloons.

I haven't played it today but thank f*ck haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If you're telling me you don't drop 99k bells after making 7m bells then you can all have a Nook t-shirt

They demand it up front. Some of them put a guy on the door of Nooks to block you until you've paid. It's the 1% looking after eachother! If you make a dash for Nooks to sell your Nips so you can drop them a fat stack of coins, they disconnect. It's cut-throat bull**** is what it is, Joe!

Maybe it'll even out over time, people will learn to get in, sell, tip, not smash the place up and leave promptly so the host gets the most out of their time, and in return the hosts will be less bastardy.

Surely overtime people won't need bells as much and won't be doing this sort of stuff

I'll hold out a few days on my own island first before I go looking at other islands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

They demand it up front. Some of them put a guy on the door of Nooks to block you until you've paid. It's the 1% looking after eachother! If you make a dash for Nooks to sell your Nips so you can drop them a fat stack of coins, they disconnect. It's cut-throat bull**** is what it is, Joe!

Maybe it'll even out over time, people will learn to get in, sell, tip, not smash the place up and leave promptly so the host gets the most out of their time, and in return the hosts will be less bastardy.

A useful tip to deal with these sorts is to tempt them into leaving their post with drops placed at a distance and then outrun them back to the entrance when they go to pick up.

Those extra bunny day recipes might have a use afterall ;)

Trying to infiltrate these places is always good for a bit of a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Don't bother with them then as I said

THIS IS TURNIP FRAUD BRITCHES

If you think it's easy then you ain't sleazy

But how can someone smash up your island? Don't you need to be best friends to use tools?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Saw a screenshot on Twitter today of someone with 979 million bells in their APD account - how is that possible after three weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

AMGer wrote: »
    Saw a screenshot on Twitter today of someone with 979 million bells in their APD account - how is that possible after three weeks?

Save editor probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Flick is on my island today, so feel free to come over with your tarantulas (as long as they're in cages lol). He pays 12,000 for each one!

Advertisement