Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Flick is on my island today, so feel free to come over with your tarantulas (as long as they're in cages lol). He pays 12,000 for each one!

How are the turnip prices this morning? Only selling for 206 on my island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Andrew76 wrote: »
    How are the turnip process this morning? Only selling for 206 on my island.

Rubbish. 124. Hopefully will increase after 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

How are the turnip prices this morning? Only selling for 206 on my island.

That’s pretty good, I’d gladly take that price!

AMGer wrote: »
    That’s pretty good, I’d gladly take that price!

Really? You'd not prefer to wait til later in the week in the hope of a better price? :)

If you do want to pop over that's no problem, just send me your friend code so I can add you. Oh and the visitation fee is 100k upfront... :pac:

Joking, don't want anything in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Just sold mine for 405 on this island!

https://www.reddit.com/r/acturnips/comments/g11bnq/sw_nooks_buying_for_405_round_2_rmm_required/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

No fee, but you do have to make a Reddit thread for reviews but it only takes a minute. And none of this waiting for an hour in a queue!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Flick is on my island today, so feel free to come over with your tarantulas (as long as they're in cages lol). He pays 12,000 for each one!

Is your island open to travel to?

How loads of tarantulas to sell :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Think I’ll buy this. Selling turnips has me fascinated.

Open now. Dodo code 4WYFH

How come you couldn't sell to him? That's mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you're finding Tarantula Hunting getting stale, find a Bamboo island - the stumps don't seem to spawn insects - and now you can charge at the spiders and then use the stumps to gain enough ground to spin and swipe them. Ditch the tension of creeping up on them for the thrill of charging around like a mad yoke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm not finding any tarantulas bar the very odd one. Even when I strip a Nook miles island all that I can get to spawn is giant water bugs.

I had an island like the other night. They're worth 2 grand a pop and they're quick to catch so it's not so bad.

My house storage is full! I need to craft these resources into something useful...

Em, AMGer, don't look at the spoiler below... :(

I just checked my turnip price after the 12noon changeover, Timmy is buying them for
    bells each. Not as good as Holly's record breaking price last week (625!!) but not too bad at all. How long does this price last btw?

Till Closing I think.
    So.... doing anything special for lunch?
    (tries not to sweat or beg)

I just checked my turnip price after the 12noon changeover, Timmy is buying them for
    bells each. Not as good as Holly's record breaking price last week (625!!) but not too bad at all. How long does this price last btw?

Ooh! I might make a trip! I have to think about it. It's only Tuesday, should I gamble and wait? I'm a measly 140 this afternoon.

The price changes twice a day. Once in the morning and then at 12 o'clock, so it'll be that price for the rest of the day.

:(

Banjo wrote: »
    Till Closing I think.
    So.... doing anything special for lunch?
    (tries not to sweat or beg)

That's why I asked how long the price lasts - I'm normally busy during lunch and then back to work. Are we sure it will still be there by 5.30? Don't want anyone to miss out.

My FC is SW-1489-9514-0403 if you want to send me a request and I can add it later.
    Ooh! I might make a trip! I have to think about it. It's only Tuesday, should I gamble and wait? I'm a measly 140 this afternoon.

The price changes twice a day. Once in the morning and then at 12 o'clock, so it'll be that price for the rest of the day.

You're always welcome. :)
    :(

Replied. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

That's why I asked how long the price lasts - I'm normally busy during lunch and then back to work. Are we sure it will still be there by 5.30? Don't want anyone to miss out.

My FC is SW-1489-9514-0403 if you want to send me a request and I can add it later.

You're always welcome. :)

Replied. :)

Added for later! :)

How come you couldn't sell to him? That's mad

You can't sell to flick on other players islands, only your own.

I felt so good this morning about my turnip sales at 405... Not so much now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭quokula

Think I'm starting to lose interest in this, I did get some fun about it in the beginning but in the long term maybe it's not really a game for me.

I never really played the old ones, I did try one of them but bounced off it pretty much immediately, probably because the old games seemed to start roughly where the fun in this one ends.

The first weeks or so was fun. Ticking off the various goals to get my island up to 10 villagers, building 4 or 5 bridges or inclines to make the whole island accessible, and eventually getting to 3 stars.

But after that there's just nothing interesting to do, I'm checking turnip prices every day and logging into the terminal to keep the daily log in bonus, maybe going through the motions of picking fruit and digging fossils, but that's it, and any bells I get doing that stuff just goes on more turnips because I've nothing to spend it on.

I've no interest in spending hours decorating, I don't want to dress my character up beyond the shirt and jeans I got them early on, and I don't think I've ever bought an item from the shop. My house has a random hodgepodge of furniture that fell from balloons and the four items on sale in the shop each day will never be enough to give any kind of coherent look without spending weeks waiting for things to randomly arrive, which is more than I have patience for.

I feel like I'm missing something with the villagers. I keep hearing people talking about them as if they have personalities but none of mine have ever gone beyond one liner "nice day for a walk" type conversations while they randomly pace about.

Still, it was fun while it lasted. Just a pity I can't seem to get as much enjoyment out of it as other people seem to, as sitting in the garden with the switch is the perfect pastime at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Earth Day next Wednesday 22nd pull up all your weeds I've said this once already am almost certain weeding and fishing trash from River and ocean will be tasks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Knock on your neighbours doors check the bulletin board to see if someone is having a birthday talk to them when you see them outside too.

Got a birthday this week. Surely if you pull up all your weeds now there will be more when that sloth shows up, so it's wasted effort?

I can't be arsed crafting haybales for profit :D

What’s the most effective way to get rid of a villager you don’t like? I have a pain in the hole villager that I don’t talk to, and hit with my net regularly but she won’t leave! I’ve had three villagers I interact with everyday tell me they’re thinking of leaving, but no joy with the one I actually want to get rid of!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

What’s the most effective way to get rid of a villager you don’t like? I have a pain in the hole villager that I don’t talk to, and hit with my net regularly but she won’t leave! I’ve had three villagers I interact with everyday tell me they’re thinking of leaving, but no joy with the one I actually want to get rid of!

Have you amibo cards?? You can have a camper kick out any villager. I just replaced Jacques with Zucker!!

Ok just getting into the game now. What's the best way to do this with the turnip selling - just PM a few ppl at a time with a Dodo Code - once they're done and have left then send to the next bunch of folks? Just so you're not constantly interrupted with incoming guest messages.

Also, who is "CC"? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Ok just getting into the game now. What's the best way to do this with the turnip selling - just PM a few ppl at a time with a Dodo Code - once they're done and have left then send to the next bunch of folks? Just so you're not constantly interrupted with incoming guest messages.

Also, who is "CC"? :)

Dodo Code us usually the handiest and you can limit the amount. Haven't tried the friend code part yet.

Ok sent a PM to the 4 ppl online at the minute. Will send to others once they come online and the current folks are done. :)

/Edit: No need for donations or anything like that. Tis your money, you earned it, you keep it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Ok sent a PM to the 4 ppl online at the minute. Will send to others once they come online and the current folks are done. :)

/Edit: No need for donations or anything like that. Tis your money, you earned it, you keep it. :)

Great let me know once you’re available :)

Advertisement