Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

119 bells here. Encouraging start

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Ok I'm starting again. Back to living in a ****ing tent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Isabelle just told me to improve my island rating I need to decorate the island more but also said that people are giving out about the clutter and too many items lying around :D which is it, too much or too little!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I've had 2 weeks of dismal Turnip prices, really hoping for an upswing this week. I used the calculator last week for the first time and it was pretty spot on at charting the entire week as a write-off :D

On the bright side I landed on Tarantula island last night, now just need to wait for Flick to swing by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Isabelle just told me to improve my island rating I need to decorate the island more but also said that people are giving out about the clutter and too many items lying around :D which is it, too much or too little!?

I find when she gives out about this, it's down to items being dropped instead of placed. She used to complain the whole time until I moved my Turnips into a room in my house. As soon as I moved them, she went straight back to 'build more fences' :rolleyes:

No doubt the HAA will have an issue with the new setup......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I find when she gives out about this, it's down to items being dropped instead of placed. She used to complain the whole time until I moved my Turnips into a room in my house. As soon as I moved them, she went straight back to 'build more fences' :rolleyes:

This is correct. It's things like uncollected fruit, wood, branches, weeds lying around and/or furniture dropped so they appear as leaves rather than placed.

keane2097 wrote: »
    This is correct. It's things like uncollected fruit, wood, branches, weeds lying around and/or furniture dropped so they appear as leaves rather than placed.

Ya I forgotten I've 2.5million worth of turnips lying around the place :D:D

That's probably it alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Turnip price has more or less doubled this afternoon to a whopping 84 bells :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

fixXxer wrote: »
    Ok I'm starting again. Back to living in a ****ing tent!!

Ugh. If anything happened to my save file I don't think I could stomach starting again. Backups to the cloud are still not possible with this game correct? Mental if that is still the case.

She said the exact same thing to me yesterday - I had totally forgotten the option to ask her for an evaluation so it was the first time of asking. My island has potential but plant more flowers and clean up my mess. Cheeky ****.

Anyway I planted more last night and some fruit trees and moved all dropped items inside my house. Hopefully that helps.

Turnip price has more or less doubled this afternoon to a whopping 84 bells :rolleyes:

Jeez it's after 12 already, where has the morning gone! Just checked and mine has dropped to 41 bells. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Ugh. If anything happened to my save file I don't think I could stomach starting again. Backups to the cloud are still not possible with this game correct? Mental if that is still the case.

Yeah, no save transfer until "later this year".

I really want to get rid of some of my villagers. They're getting on my nerves with the constant fitness talk. I have 3 "jock" type characters. Discussion of biceps & triceps is endless!

Any tips for "persuading" them to leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

In an ideal world, luring them into a maze of holes with some fitness equipment into the middle, then releasing all your stockpiled tarantulas into the maze and sealing the exit would suffice.
    But I think you're limited to bopping them with your net and axe till they get pissed off and leave. Or neglect the village and let it fall to wrack and ruin.

If you use an amiibo, that villager moves into your campsite, you then have to do 3 tasks for them I think, after that you can get them to move in and pick which villager you want to move out

Banjo wrote: »
    In an ideal world, luring them into a maze of holes with some fitness equipment into the middle, then releasing all your stockpiled tarantulas into the maze and sealing the exit would suffice.
    But I think you're limited to bopping them with your net and axe till they get pissed off and leave. Or neglect the village and let it fall to wrack and ruin.

Ha that would be hilarious. I'd pay to watch that hunger games scenario with the three jocks.

If you use an amiibo, that villager moves into your campsite, you then have to do 3 tasks for them I think, after that you can get them to move in and pick which villager you want to move out

Ah good to know, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

122 bells for turnips this round! At least it's going in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Andrew76 wrote: »

She said the exact same thing to me yesterday - I had totally forgotten the option to ask her for an evaluation so it was the first time of asking. My island has potential but plant more flowers and clean up my mess. Cheeky ****.

Anyway I planted more last night and some fruit trees and moved all dropped items inside my house. Hopefully that helps.

FYI, you can get her to reevaluate all the time, you don't have to wait for the following day.

Another word to the wise when it comes to acting on her advice, I'll spoiler just in case but I think this is better to know because the game doesn't make it clear -
    I believe you need to plant flowers from seed bags rather than those dug up elsewhere, and you'll need to plant a load of saplings bought from the shop as well as fruit from other trees

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

Turnip prices here have finally gone up to whopping 90 bells. Really breaking the bank :lol:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Apologies for asking again but has anyone got Lily seeds in their shop?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

AMGer wrote: »

Not me I’m afraid. I seem to only get tulip, hyacinth and mums

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

A reminder for those of you hell bent on achieving that rating...:pac:

K.K. Slider Sold Out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Prices are 292, dunno if that's good but I never buy Turnips.

AMGer wrote: »

Afraid not. Pansy, cosmos and hyacinth here.

Anyone’s gates open? Fancy a visitor? Need anything brought over?
    In the meantime, my gates are open & ive a ton of free stuff if anyone wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Anyone’s gates open? Fancy a visitor? Need anything brought over?
    In the meantime, my gates are open & ive a ton of free stuff if anyone wants it

I'm searching for peaches, cherries, lilies, roses and cosmos if you have any of these?

Paso Fino wrote: »
    I'm searching for peaches, cherries, lilies, roses and cosmos if you have any of these?

I have peaches, cherries & lilies. All out of rose & cosmo seeds.
    Wsit: I only have yellow & white lily. No red.

I have peaches, cherries & lilies. All out of rose & cosmo seeds.

Mind if I pop over quickly before Nooks closes?

Paso Fino wrote: »
    Mind if I pop over quickly before Nooks closes?

Sure!
    Friend code 5977-8954-4666
    The seeds are from my stash, not the shop

• Advertisement

Sure!

Great, do you have the code there?

Advertisement