Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Diving like we had in AC:NL ? That was kind of cool, but it did lead to me wearing the wetsuit all the time because bridges are for wimps!

Echoing concerns around "free update" - given the updates so far have been time-dependent events, could we have to pay for Christmas? Or could they go the other way and have optional Seasonal islands that you can purchase and move between freely via Dodo flights, thus both satisfying and inflaming the "1 player, 1 island" protesters?

Price of Turnips dropped for the 3rd segment in a row, and the Prophet is convinced I'm on a Fluctuating trajectory, so my best days might well be behind me :'( I had an offer of 104! 104!! I could have made 13% on my initial investment instead of taking a million bell bath....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr E wrote: »
    Very cool update. Curious about the diving!

Did you notice the title of the video - "Animal Crossing: New Horizons - April Free Update"

Why not "April Update" - makes me wonder if there is paid DLC coming down the track.

(Which I'd buy in a heartbeat, in fairness...)

I'm hoping they were just emphasising that they won't be charging for new content.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

Banjo wrote: »
    Diving like we had in AC:NL ? That was kind of cool, but it did lead to me wearing the wetsuit all the time because bridges are for wimps!

Echoing concerns around "free update" - given the updates so far have been time-dependent events, could we have to pay for Christmas? Or could they go the other way and have optional Seasonal islands that you can purchase and move between freely via Dodo flights, thus both satisfying and inflaming the "1 player, 1 island" protesters?

Price of Turnips dropped for the 3rd segment in a row, and the Prophet is convinced I'm on a Fluctuating trajectory, so my best days might well be behind me :'( I had an offer of 104! 104!! I could have made 13% on my initial investment instead of taking a million bell bath....

I'm pretty sure the reindeer was shown in the free update part of last month's Direct mini, so I think we'll get Christmas - or whatever it is called in-game - for free.

I'm thinking there will be some form of paid DLC. Looking back over previous examples from Nintendo, I expect there to be something to do with multiplayer like mission islands where you'll have to compete on treasure hunts or shoot down the most balloons, etc. I think there was something similar in New Leaf. There could also be paid DLC like Visit another town to buy stuff like in City Folk (I prefer the American name instead of Let's Go to The City).

I can also see them continuing to give out exclusive items to NSO holders and those using the Pocket Camp app.

So basically, I can see that if there is any payable DLC, it will take place on a different island whilst if some event takes place on your island, such as Bunny Day or Hallowe'en, it'll be made available through a free update.

However, if they introduce a new story-mode like becoming a mayor of your island, then maybe Nintendo will be flashing the $$$ before our very eyes...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Mr E wrote: »
    Very cool update. Curious about the diving!

Did you notice the title of the video - "Animal Crossing: New Horizons - April Free Update"

Why not "April Update" - makes me wonder if there is paid DLC coming down the track.

(Which I'd buy in a heartbeat, in fairness...)
    They love that word. Ever see the eshop. Free DEMO. it's a demo of course it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Delighted Red is back, missed his sketchy items and Nook bashing. Would have loved a new permanent shop for my little town centre, but I'll make do with the new visitors and try and collect enough items to come up with creative areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Anyone's island open? Have a load of pears I'd like to offload and hopefully pay off my next loan this evening :)

Anyone's island open? Have a load of pears I'd like to offload and hopefully pay off my next loan this evening :)

Pop on over. Dodo code is MVQBK. Native fruit is Oranges so you should be good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Anyone with roses, lilies or cosmos available in their shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Pop on over. Dodo code is MVQBK. Native fruit is Oranges so you should be good :)

Can I pop by? Do you need anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Would love to come visit too. I've never visited another island yet. Would love a look!

• Advertisement

Can I pop by? Do you need anything?

Work away, I'm good, don't need anything except a good turnip price :pac:

pedatron wrote: »
    Would love to come visit too. I've never visited another island yet. Would love a look!

Go for it :) More the merrier

If anyone wants to catalog anything just let me know :)

I’m open. Dodo code: 56NVG

Might pop over in a few when mine clears out :)

Also, my daughter invited Pietro :eek: ....... I'm not a fan

Might pop over in a few when mine clears out :)

Also, my daughter invited Pietro :eek: ....... I'm not a fan

No worries. Pietro is super creepy. His house is like a scene from IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone got Bluebear on their island lost her when my switch lite shutdown

Not yet. Hoping to get them soon! ;)

I can send you an NFC tag if you like so you can invite them back. Just PM me your details.
    Not yet. Hoping to get them soon! ;)

Sorry I travelled over with an empty inventory, would have left a gift otherwise :o

I can send you an NFC tag if you like so you can invite them back. Just PM me your details.

Sorry I travelled over with an empty inventory, would have left a gift otherwise :o

You’re grand. No worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

https://turnip.exchange/island/7e5e137c

I just used this island to sell my turnips if it helps anybody here. He accepts 1 nook miles ticket which isn't bad. I gave him 2. Turnips selling for 502 a piece. Just under half my turnips sold for 1.9 million. Happy days!

• Advertisement

https://turnip.exchange/island/7e5e137c

I just used this island to sell my turnips if it helps anybody here. He accepts 1 nook miles ticket which isn't bad. I gave him 2. Turnips selling for 502 a piece. Just under half my turnips sold for 1.9 million. Happy days!

502 not a bad price. You didn't sell all your turnips?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    502 not a bad price. You didn't sell all your turnips?

Yeah I bought in for 93 so nice enough profit. Had no nook miles left so just went on one trip. I'll have a look about tomorrow for a similar island.

Some of the fees on islands are laughable though. 10 to 15 nook tickets per visit and people are queuing up to get in. Madness!

Yeah I bought in for 93 so nice enough profit. Had no nook miles left so just went on one trip. I'll have a look about tomorrow for a similar island.

Some of the fees on islands are laughable though. 10 to 15 nook tickets per visit and people are queuing up to get in. Madness!

1 NMT I can stomach but more than that or asking for bells can feck off. I'm in the queue so will be interesting to see if this works. Presume you get a Dodo Code when it's your turn?

1 NMT I can stomach but more than that or asking for bells can feck off. I'm in the queue so will be interesting to see if this works. Presume you get a Dodo Code when it's your turn?

Yeah it will say something like 'tap here to reveal dodo code' then off you go.

A question about shooting stars. Celeste is on my island but I’ve been standing for ages & none have appeared. Do they only appear on one part of the island? I’ve run all over the place & haven’t seen any!

A question about shooting stars. Celeste is on my island but I’ve been standing for ages & none have appeared. Do they only appear on one part of the island? I’ve run all over the place & haven’t seen any!

Both times they appeared for me I was in different places on the island so I don't think your location matters - just listen out for the faint chime and don't have anything in your hand before you look up and press A.

Both times they appeared for me I was in different places on the island so I don't think your location matters - just listen out for the faint chime and don't have anything in your hand before you look up and press A.

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been doing that - hands free. Must be 20 mins now just standing like an eejit!

Yeah it will say something like 'tap here to reveal dodo code' then off you go.

Ok that worked pretty good once you get the code, thanks for the link. And now I see why you mentioned the 1.9 mill - a full inventory of turnips less 1 space for the NMT gives you that amount. :)

I've queued up again and will need a 3rd visit to get rid of all the turnips fingers crossed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Just made 1.9m profit on my turnips here: https://turnip.exchange/island/7b8b8712

579 bells! Just beautiful. Still have a mile of turnips left over though but couldn't be bothered queuing again.

• Advertisement

Just made 1.9m profit on my turnips here: https://turnip.exchange/island/7b8b8712

579 bells! Just beautiful. Still have a mile of turnips left over though but couldn't be bothered queuing again.

I just don’t get the point in this. It seems so stressful! And I hate feeling like I’m being fleeced by someone just because they were lucky enough to get a good price in their shop. Like last week I had an awesome price. Anyone & everyone was welcome to come.

I think I’ll take my chances among you guys & see what price comes up.

Advertisement