Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

I just don’t get the point in this. It seems so stressful! And I hate feeling like I’m being fleeced by someone just because they were lucky enough to get a good price in their shop. Like last week I had an awesome price. Anyone & everyone was welcome to come.

I think I’ll take my chances among you guys & see what price comes up.

I usually just leave them running the background while I'm doing other things so there's no real stress with it. Maybe if I was doing it on a Saturday with just a few hours before the turnips spoil maybe! But this early in the week I don't think there's any harm in it - if you don't get in Sunday is still days away and someone here might have a better price. I don't enter any with fees attached so that limits what's around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

A question about shooting stars. Celeste is on my island but I’ve been standing for ages & none have appeared. Do they only appear on one part of the island? I’ve run all over the place & haven’t seen any!

From what I remember in both occasions I've seen them Celeste had a specific line about there being shooting stars 'tonight' or 'tomorrow night'.

I've encountered her a few times, but only recall seeing them twice and think she mentioned the event both times.

Otherwise she only talks about the myths behind them or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Oooh! Found someone in a discord chat for a twitch streamer I follow that has a price of 532!

Omg I just made 2.1m bells & I still have more at home to sell! Class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Think I’ll check turnip exchange tomorrow evening to get a good price. I have three trip loads of turnips waiting!
    I can’t play for a lot of tomorrow so I jumped ahead to check my prices and they’ve plummeted again! 83 & 78 bells :(

On my way back to this island for round 2. I will be free of Tom Nook temporarily but now I’ll have a basement! Woo!

• Advertisement

Happy days. Just coined in 3m bells for my turnips. No fees no gifts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Happy days. Just coined in 3m bells for my turnips. No fees no gifts.

Nice one holly. :)

I just made my 3rd trip to the 502 island - realised I never needed to queue up multiple times as the Dodo Code hadn't changed.

5.8m made tonight and 6.5m total in the bank, 100 turnips left to sell. Handed over 3 NMTs, I'm happy with that. :)

Now to put the house back together. :D

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nice one holly. :)

I just made my 3rd trip to the 502 island - realised I never needed to queue up multiple times as the Dodo Code hadn't changed.

5.8m made tonight and 6.5m total in the bank, 100 turnips left to sell. Handed over 3 NMTs, I'm happy with that. :)

Now to put the house back together. :D

Ah Jaysus. There was I thinking I’d coined it in at 3m but you have to waltz along with your 6.5m. I bet you’re gonna buy a yacht.

Never mind. Upstairs paid for! Basement commenced! Will be ready tomorrow :cool:

Ah Jaysus. There was I thinking I’d coined it in at 3m but you have to waltz along with your 6.5m. I bet you’re gonna buy a yacht.

Lol but Tom is going to take 1.2m off me now in a minute for the upstairs. :(

If the basement isn't too expensive I might pay it off now then put the gaff back together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I’m not even at the races! I screwed up so had only 60k to buy turnips this week in the first place. Just got my three star rating though and have three bridges and an incline. Much happier with the run around on the island right now so may let it build up for the week this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

some of the entry fees to these islands are hilarious, 10 nook miles tickets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

From what I remember in both occasions I've seen them Celeste had a specific line about there being shooting stars 'tonight' or 'tomorrow night'.

I've encountered her a few times, but only recall seeing them twice and think she mentioned the event both times.

Otherwise she only talks about the myths behind them or whatever.

Had Isabelle mention it twice in her news report within a week. Both times they were falling like rain, got to the point where I couldn't catch a bug or fish without seeing a star falling behind me while frozen in dialogue. Drives you mental. You end up just putting the tools away and staring up with the full down-tilt from the top of the high plateau, and not catching anything.

The beach was littered with stars the next day - and none of you buggers would steal them even though I asked you to :)

Banjo wrote: »
    Had Isabelle mention it twice in her news report within a week. Both times they were falling like rain, got to the point where I couldn't catch a bug or fish without seeing a star falling behind me while frozen in dialogue. Drives you mental. You end up just putting the tools away and staring up with the full down-tilt from the top of the high plateau, and not catching anything.

The beach was littered with stars the next day - and none of you buggers would steal them even though I asked you to :)

That was my experience the first time, but I think since the seasons have. Changed that it’s rarer. I caught about 4 & I spent a good 2 hrs looking for them. There seems to be a new star type too - Aurous?

Banjo wrote: »

Yeah, was the same for me! A fairly non stop showering. There were a good amount on the beaches next day and they seemed to respawn like shells whenever I went indoors and returned.

Never figured out how relative the amount of stars was to the amount of wishes made, but I did notice as a secondary player that even though I had far surpassed the primary players' wish count, I was unable to nab any Aries fragments or Large star fragments. :confused::(

KOBE
    575 Bells

North

Tuesday, 04/21/2020, 02:15 AM
    I am looking for 20 iron nuggies or 5 rusted parts as im trying to build robots, or any egyptian items like sphinx, pyramid etc, or any Christmas items like ice wand snowflake stuff etc. Please exit through airport dont be that person to crash the island :D
    https://turnip.exchange/island/5caf035d
    Currently #25 in the queue here, and as much as I'm not a fan of bowing to these specific demands 20 iron seems a reasonable fee as it's something I have enough of :pac:

Just hoping they don't do a runner before I get the code!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Island is sort of set up. If I put up the Docode and just leave the Switch charging in the background at work, can people visit or do I have to be actively playing?

fixXxer wrote: »
    Island is sort of set up. If I put up the Docode and just leave the Switch charging in the background at work, can people visit or do I have to be actively playing?

As long as the Switch doesn’t go to sleep you should be fine (which I don’t think it will when someone else is on your island). For sure you don’t have to be actively playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Can I give someone else cherry trees? Or can I only sell them/chop them down? Finally got the three star rating so trying to clear up the mess

Also I have oranges and cherry’s to sell if anyone’s island is open?

Can I give someone else cherry trees? Or can I only sell them/chop them down? Finally got the three star rating so trying to clear up the mess

Also I have oranges and cherry’s to sell if anyone’s island is open?

Not sure if you can drop a tree for someone else to pick up - think it might just re-plant it? When I'm getting rid of trees I just shake them for branches then chop em for wood. Some I will leave as stumps as they are good for spawning bugs on. Just chuck the branches and wood into house storage for tool crafting rather than selling is what I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Would anyone be able to spare 3 yellow roses? (plucked ones are fine)

I need them to craft an item for a villager I'm trying to convince to move in and I don't have any yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I need them to craft an item for a villager I'm trying to convince to move in and I don't have any yet :(

I've some spare. Wanna give a Dodo code and I'll drop them over?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah I’ve loads, dodo code is F9J8D

I’ll leave it open for a while if anyone else wants to visit

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Anyone have roses, cosmos, or lilies in their shop?

Paso Fino wrote: »
    Anyone have roses, cosmos, or lilies in their shop?

Yeah I’ve red and white (edit: roses) in the shop, dodo code is in my previous post

Sorry for the delay got caught on a work call.
    I've some spare. Wanna give a Dodo code and I'll drop them over?

If you could that would be fantastic. Dodo code is 1W8Q9. I've leave it open for a while but may be AFK. Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks for the offer, got delayed and was closed when I tried popping over.

Just tried to visit but code is expired.

If you could that would be fantastic. Dodo code is 1W8Q9. I've leave it open for a while but may be AFK. Let me know if you need anything.

Can I pop over?

Can I pop over?

Yeah go for it, I'm chilling on a bench but feel free to explore. Take no notice of the state of the island, massive redesign on-going :D

• Advertisement

Thanks for the offer, got delayed and was closed when I tried popping over.

I’ll drop some over now.

I’ll also reopen my island later this evening for anyone that wants to visit.

Advertisement