Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No they're additional residents on your island not separate players with their own island

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

...which was the case in New Leaf too. It's not so bad. The box suggests you can have up to four people play at once on one switch which would be nice but haven't checke dthat out

Just got.my decent tools - do they eventually break too or are they forever?
    Is there an upgraded crafting table that lets you do multiples so you don't have to sit through the animation 14 times for the sake of a few thousand bells?

1 item away from Blathers upgrading his tent. **** you, horse mackerel!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Banjo wrote: »
    Just got.my decent tools - do they eventually break too or are they forever?
    Is there an upgraded crafting table that lets you do multiples so you don't have to sit through the animation 14 times for the sake of a few thousand bells?

They do break, even the shovel Blathers gives you breaks. Looking online, people are guessing that there might be much stronger tools further down the line but nobody has gotten that far yet. The fact that the 'broken tools' Nook Milestone is high enough suggests that it could be a ways off.

I find I'm earning enough bells from fishing etc that I can buy some flimsy tools and save my resources for furniture and other things.

I think the tools break even the good ones it definitely looks botw rules might consider picking up a second copy for a dud island where it's always Sunday crash the stalk market that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

What have I gotten myself into, what is this... I don't get it.

• Advertisement

Met the traveler on the beach this isn't lilliput ya drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

How can 2 kids share a single switch Island without a mini war happening ?
    Lock down at home and lock down on Animal Crossing !
    Game due to arrive tomorrow !

Thinking of creating a new Switch profile and in AC this profile is the mayor/island rep.
    Either kid can play this profile to advance the story, build bridges or whatever this main player can do or is needed to do.

Then they play their own profiles whenever they want.

Bloody hell Nintendo! Why not give players the option of having their own Island ? Are you for real ?

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Basically you follow the instructions of an evil racoon who has inducted you into a cult of personality slavery ring, and wait for the resistance to contact you. Then you turn your shovels and watering cans to swords and storm his fortress!

In the meantime while you wait, catch some fish and some insects and craft furniture to appease your cruel overlord. Never let him suspect. Never let them see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Has anyone caught a shark yet?

Nope been on the lookout for a fin but just seabass why did it have to be seabass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Played this game on gamecube years and years ago, seeing again now got me all nostalgic so I went ahead and ordered the console :D

Hopefully it'll be here before next weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Had a party on my island today, about 6 people. Annoying how long it takes for players to arrive

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not sure what to make of the game being honest, I paid the loan and then took out a mortgage lol...are you only suppose to play it in short bursts? The fishing is annoying they always get away from me ☹️.

As soon as the drop happens fishing press the button you usually get 3 or 4 bobs but sometimes it'll drop on the first bob it's a series long system if this is your first Animal Crossing it will take practice if you have the ds or 3ds version try them out for practice on fishing once you get the hang of it go shark hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

No they're additional residents on your island not separate players with their own island

I dunno that doesn't sound right, if I have 2 separate users on one switch and start the game separately surely everyone has their own game?

This is EXACTLY how I felt when I bought new leaf on the 3ds. I bought it because everyone was going on about it and I never got into it.
    Since then I've gotten into stardew valley and similar games and finally "got it" so decided to buy this and I'm enjoying it, as are my family which has turned into a problem as we only have one copy of the game purchased.
    As I type my missus is in bed playing her 3rd day and has paid off her second mortgage and has the upgraded house while I browse the internet with my tent :mad:.

Not sure what to make of the game being honest, I paid the loan and then took out a mortgage lol...are you only suppose to play it in short bursts?

You can ignore the loan completely. Only pay it off when you want the next (bigger) house.

iamtony wrote: »
    This is EXACTLY how I felt when I bought new leaf on the 3ds. I bought it because everyone was going on about it and I never got into it.
    Since then I've gotten into stardew valley and similar games and finally "got it" so decided to buy this and I'm enjoying it, as are my family which has turned into a problem as we only have one copy of the game purchased.
    As I type my missus is in bed playing her 3rd day and has paid off her second mortgage and has the upgraded house while I browse the internet with my tent :mad:.

Yeah it's meh for me, after an hour or more I've just gave up, the character noises are grating and it's an ugly game, apart from the 3 Toms is it? They're cute, the majority of human characters are nightmarish with weird eyes and faces. I'm not hating, fair enough if you like this and yes I know it's for kids I just wanted to see why my age and even 40 year olds are going mad about it too... guess it's "you need to have played it as a kid like Mario and Zelda" Onto Adverts it goes now haha.

Yeah it's meh for me, after an hour or more I've just gave up, the character noises are grating and it's an ugly game, apart from the 3 Toms is it? They're cute, the majority of human characters are nightmarish with weird eyes and faces. I'm not hating, fair enough if you like this and yes I know it's for kids I just wanted to see why my age and even 40 year olds are going mad about it too... guess it's "you need to have played it as a kid like Mario and Zelda" Onto Adverts it goes now haha.
    Youd probably get good money from cex. It definitely isnt for everyone as I learned myself so dont feel bad about it. I will say maybe try give it a few more days and put in a bit more time because it is actually very enjoyable when you get into.

Anyone wants to help out if you are able to craft the better tools and go visiting a friend donate some spares and bring a ladder for them too if they're not that far yet

• Advertisement

LADDER!!!!:eek: I just got the pole, thought I was the fanciest dandy in the village. Clearly not!

I take it you need the online sub to visit another player's island?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

while I browse the internet with my tent :mad:.

LOL :D

Them golf clubs Nook has they're for you lot that don't pay off your mortgage

Youd probably get good money from cex. It definitely isnt for everyone as I learned myself so dont feel bad about it. I will say maybe try give it a few more days and put in a bit more time because it is actually very enjoyable when you get into.

Back in the day when I was a kid with 3 games a year I'd be willing to give it a few days but not in this day and age, there are far to many more enjoyable things to be doing if ya get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

8f4u2Tq.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Sw 8162 0820 0536

That's my code for anyone that wants to add

Them golf clubs Nook has they're for you lot that don't pay off your mortgage

I would have thought the bevy of tools in the Nook shop would be enough :)

Have set up my island to receive it's three new guests (hopefully the three I met while travelling). The game is ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

My friend code is 5977-8954-4666 if anyone wants to add me? My first time playing Animal Crossing & I’m having a blast I have to say!

Rhyme wrote: »
    I would have thought the bevy of tools in the Nook shop would be enough :)

Have set up my island to receive it's three new guests (hopefully the three I met while travelling). The game is ON!

Yes it's the three you met while you are waiting for them to move in there won't be anyone else on any other islands you go to until they've moved in

• Advertisement

Loving the Dodo's top-gun way of talking Animal Crossing. "Go catch some bees and chop some trees!"
    I feel the need
    the need
    to weed!
    giphy.gif

Advertisement