Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

^^^ I’ll pop over there shortly. I have cherries & oranges

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Open to visitors: 18P8W

Leif:
    • Pink & white Azalea
    • Pink & Blue Hydrangea
    • Red, yellow, white Cosmos
    • Red, yello, white lilly

Nooklings:
    • Red, white pansy
    • Red, yellow rose
    • Yellow, white tulip

Peaches, pears, coconuts and apples around the island (and money trees belonging to the Mrs, please don't touch them.)

If anyone visits, and has oranges/cherries, would you mind dropping one or two please?

Also, I have the switch beside me, but won't be monitored.

I have oranges, I'll pop over now

Paso Fino wrote: »
    I have holly shrubs, I can open gates in about 15/20 minutes.

I'm looking for lilies, and all shrubs bar azaleas and holly

Can I pop over for Holly shrubs?

Dodo code: BXXKC

Leif has azaleas, holly, cosmos and mums
    Shop has tulips, pansies and windflowers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Paso Fino wrote: »
    Dodo code: BXXKC

Leif has azaleas, holly, cosmos and mums
    Shop has tulips, pansies and windflowers

Code not working?

I don't have leif today :confused::confused: only bloody Sahara :(

• Advertisement

Code not working?

I don't have leif today :confused::confused: only bloody Sahara :(

Ah sorry the connection dropped while I wasn't looking, here's a new code: KK87H

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Anybody know how long Leif stays around for? Hopefully doesn't disappear at noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

I have Pink and White Azaleas, Yellow and Red Hibiscus, Red, White and Yellow Cosmos, and Red, White and Yellow Lilies.

Island is open now if anyone wants to visit. Dodo code is 1V4XY.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Anybody know how long Leif stays around for? Hopefully doesn't disappear at noon.

Apparently he stays from 5am - 10pm.

Any idea if there's hybrid bushes? :D

Or are they more like trees and need space to grow?

• Advertisement

I don't know for sure, but in New Leaf they could be planted side by side so imagine it's the same in New Horizons

Edit: There weren't hybrids before but who knows lol

I've planted all mine beside each other so we'll know tomorrow!

Just camellias I need now for a full set. Not bad for the first day!

If you go see Tom Nook he’ll give you a recipe for crafting hedges

Just camellias I need now for a full set. Not bad for the first day!

Same here, and got all the Lily seeds. A productive day

Has anyone been able to get black Cosmos from cross breeding orange ones? Haven’t got a single one yet, is there some method like blue roses or purple windflowers that I’m missing on?

AMGer wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get black Cosmos from cross breeding orange ones? Haven’t got a single one yet, is there some method like blue roses or purple windflowers that I’m missing on?

Cross breading? Is that just planting different colours/plants beside each other?

Also, thanks to someone for my surprise pressie, and now I know what that wrapping paper they sell is used for! I will need to make a better effort when sending gifts now. :D

Cross breading? Is that just planting different colours/plants beside each other?

D

For some colors yes, others like blue roses, purple windflowers, green mums etc. there’s a bit more to it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Yeah apparently if you plant flowers in a on/off/on/off/on 5x5 grid and water them regularly, you can breed them for new colours.
    I've accidentally gotten blue, pink and orange Hyacinths, purple and pink Mums and the half-yellow/half-red whatever those other ones are. Pansies? Ever since I've started actively trying to breed them, nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

AMGer wrote: »

I've been able to crossbreed lilies n roses so far. Have gotten pink and orange and black.
    I'll open my gates if ye fancy having a look! G4425

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Banjo wrote: »
    Yeah apparently if you plant flowers in a on/off/on/off/on 5x5 grid and water them regularly, you can breed them for new colours.
    I've accidentally gotten blue, pink and orange Hyacinths, purple and pink Mums and the half-yellow/half-red whatever those other ones are. Pansies? Ever since I've started actively trying to breed them, nothing!

Same here. Started off accidental n when I've been trying to do it proper I'm not getting the colours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Same here. Started off accidental n when I've been trying to do it proper I'm not getting the colours

Me three. I read a huge article online about it and have had them planted since almost the beginning but I'm getting zip.

It's kinda annoying how complicated the flower breeding is,

take green mums for example:
    they are made from cross breeding purple mums,
    but not the purple mums you get from white mums,
    they have to be special purple mums which come from yellow mums,
    and those yellow mums can't be the normal yellow mums,
    they must be special yellow mums,
    which come from cross breeding red and normal yellow mums :D:D:D

I don't mind that it takes a few goes to finally get the green mums but they could at least make it easier to differentiate between normal and special colours

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I don't have Leif and tom nook didn't let me craft bushes, just said something about nature day in nook+

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Did you update your game

It's kinda annoying how complicated the flower breeding is,

take green mums for example:
    they are made from cross breeding purple mums,
    but not the purple mums you get from white mums,
    they have to be special purple mums which come from yellow mums,
    and those yellow mums can't be the normal yellow mums,
    they must be special yellow mums,
    which come from cross breeding red and normal yellow mums :D:D:D

I don't mind that it takes a few goes to finally get the green mums but they could at least make it easier to differentiate between normal and special colours

Jesus. That is way too much hassle, for me anyway. I'm just lumping my flowers down in rows of any kind and colour, put a fence around a few sides and that's it.

Jesus. That is way too much hassle, for me anyway. I'm just lumping my flowers down in rows of any kind and colour, put a fence around a few sides and that's it.

Same here. I might attempt it at some point once I've the rest of the island sorted! I got a rare flower island with pink and purple mums on it during the week and I'm happy enough with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Gonna leave my gate open for a bit if anyone has any spare Iron nuggets. Seems to be a stark lack of rocks on my Island

Dodo Code: JWJQW

i'll be AFK but help yourself to anything you find. There's tulips growing in the north and a plague of butterflys when last I was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

ShaneU wrote: »
    I don't have Leif and tom nook didn't let me craft bushes, just said something about nature day in nook+

No Leif for me neither. As far as I understand he isn't guaranteed to appear, he is just a new vendor like Kicks who isn't explicitly tied to the Earth Day event and will appear at random.

Seems a bit disjointed if I'm honest; my Earth Day Nook Mile+ challenge is to plant bushes, but Leif isn't around for me to purchase things to plant.

Has anyone with Leif visiting gotten camelias? It's the only shrub I'm missing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

ShaneU wrote: »

Don't have Leif either. I had KK Slider visit for getting three stars this morning so I wonder is that why Leif isn't there? Frustrating!

I've Mums, Windflowers and Tulips on my island. Could I visit someone and grab some others and maybe some bushes? Thanks!

Advertisement