Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I used up all the 50 customisation kits Tom Crook gave me, went to buy more. They are so expensive!! 3000 bells for 5, and the stuff i want to customise needs between 5 and 7 each!

All my hopes and dreams are in my turnip filled basement now.

Yeah you fly through those kits alright.

To whoever plays as “Max” I’m sure you think you’re gas craic coming over to islands & plucking all the flowers & dumping recipes on the ground rather than put them back where they were. I told you last night not to do it & you come back this morning & start plucking flowers again? Yeah. Switch friend removed. That’s not how I play AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

To whoever plays as “Max” I’m sure you think you’re gas craic coming over to islands & plucking all the flowers & dumping recipes on the ground rather than put them back where they were. I told you last night not to do it & you come back this morning & start plucking flowers again? Yeah. Switch friend removed. That’s not how I play AC.

I'm sorry that happened to you, do you know the name of the island so we can shut things down if said person visits others? I'd be furious...

Paso Fino wrote: »
    I'm sorry that happened to you, do you know the name of the island so we can shut things down if said person visits others? I'd be furious...

I can’t remember the island name, but his switch account is the name Max. Plucked all my rare flowers so I’ve lost at least 1 day of breeding. I was raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

That is so awful :(

I just caught the coelicanth! Its very rainy, gate is open to friends for the next hourish if anyone wants to come try.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

I can’t remember the island name, but his switch account is the name Max. Plucked all my rare flowers so I’ve lost at least 1 day of breeding. I was raging.

This is who took all my fossils n flowers yesterday too. My daughter was playing at the time or I'd have kicked him off... grrrr!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

I had someone come over last night and take lots of the "free stuff" I had out for people, took all the fossils I was saving, then ran over a single flower so I ended the session. Turns out he ran to my gold rose as well.
    I don't remember their name but running over flowers is a no-no.

Edit: they sent me a best friend request, it was Max from Monstnock after all.

Also, not in the spirit of the game but I set my switch a few hours back to get a turnip for ants, price is 94 bells for 2 more hours, and Leif is here selling azelia and hibiscus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Twats ruining this for others!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Thanks for letting us know! Probably best to keep Dodo codes to friends only, I was pretty trusting of Boards people to be respectful.

That’s him @Nollog. It’d be a shame if we let 1 person spoil our lovely gang we have. I wonder if there’s a way to block someone so that we could keep going the way we do?

That’s him @Nollog. It’d be a shame if we let 1 person spoil our lovely gang we have. I wonder if there’s a way to block someone so that we could keep going the way we do?

Go into your switch profile and block them, that'll remove them from your friend list at least.

Easiest way is to go to add friend then search for users you've played with to find them.

• Advertisement

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Go into your switch profile and block them, that'll remove them from your friend list at least.

Easiest way is to go to add friend then search for users you've played with to find them.

Yeah I’ve removed him as a switch friend. I was thinking more if he could be blocked so that if we use Dodo codes he wouldn’t be able to visit. I suppose limiting the Dodo code to friends is the only way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just catching up on posts now, jesus that sucks holly sorry to hear that. Surely he or she is not a regular on here? Best thing we can do is keep a record of them and post on here to warn others.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah I’ve removed him as a switch friend. I was thinking more if he could be blocked so that if we use Dodo codes he wouldn’t be able to visit. I suppose limiting the Dodo code to friends is the only way.

For sure only allow friends via dodo code and only add friends from here if you recognise them. Be super picky about who you make as a best friend too. :)

Also, not in the spirit of the game but I set my switch a few hours back to get a turnip for ants, price is 94 bells for 2 more hours, and Leif is here selling azelia and hibiscus

Thanks for letting me visit. You’ve one of the best islands I’ve seen! The movie set is class. A great bunch of islanders too - most of hem I’ve never seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Zucker is moving out today if anyone wants to visit and ask him to move to thier island?

Thanks for letting me visit. You’ve one of the best islands I’ve seen! The movie set is class. A great bunch of islanders too - most of hem I’ve never seen before.

I started with a ramp to get to redd then the storage woes made me put down the statues then i had a camera in the shop and i remembered i bought a director's chair a few days before... Totally accidental ha!

It's Deirdres birthday tomorrow, found an orange 5 ball shirt in my storage that the internet says she likes

And in defense of lucky, he just likes "old" things :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I had someone come over last night and take lots of the "free stuff" I had out for people, took all the fossils I was saving, then ran over a single flower so I ended the session. Turns out he ran to my gold rose as well.

Edit: they sent me a best friend request, it was Max from Monstnock after all.

Is Daisey still selling turnips on your island? Missed her this morning on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

I'm seriously considering getting this and all the turnip talk is intriguing me!
    Do you get much play hours out of it? Like is it something you can play for hours on end or do you tend to pick it up for a a few minutes at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

do it!!

you can do either or :) you can play 20 minute here and there, a couple of hours... depend on the activity you like / do.

you can fish all the time, fruits take a couple of days to grow back ..

Is Daisey still selling turnips on your island? Missed her this morning on mine.

Yeah, between my meadows of random flowers over the river.
    Just give me a sec to reopen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Yeah, between my meadows of random flowers over the river.
    Just give me a sec to reopen

Would love to call over and buy turnips if you're still open? Forgot it was Sunday. Don't know what day I have anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Hi there,

I know who 'Max' is. He is my 7 year old son. I would like to apologise on his behalf.

It was only yesterday evening that I realised he could get onto another person's island without a Dodo code. I didn't realise he could join directly to a friends island without one until I saw him on a really nice island. Normally, I get him a Dodo code and supervise him.

I didn't see him take the recipes yesterday but I did see him pluck the flowers. He has been spoken to about his 'AC' manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

kingtut wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering getting this and all the turnip talk is intriguing me!
    Do you get much play hours out of it? Like is it something you can play for hours on end or do you tend to pick it up for a a few minutes at a time?

You play less than an hour a day, wake up, gather fruits, talk to boys, dig stuff, beat rocks, twiddle a bit around. Turnip thing is rubbish to me, no interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

RedRochey wrote: »
    Zucker is moving out today if anyone wants to visit and ask him to move to thier island?

Oh my gosh I want him, could I come? You can come to me first if you want!

My dodo code is ORKHS

Nope, it's KMTVV

Hi there,

I know who 'Max' is. He is my 7 year old son. I would like to apologise on his behalf.

It was only yesterday evening that I realised he could get onto another person's island without a Dodo code. I didn't realise he could join directly to a friends island without one until I saw him on a really nice island. Normally, I get him a Dodo code and supervise him.

I didn't see him take the recipes yesterday but I did see him pluck the flowers. He has been spoken to about his 'AC' manners.

Ah! That’s ok Josey. He’s just a kid. I figured it had to be something like that. thanks for letting me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

kingtut wrote: »

It's very diffcult "game" to describe. You relax and play at your own pace. If you try to "game" it you will likely find it less enjoyable. The game has design mechanics in place that will actively try to suppress your progress. You will be expected to play for a while one day, then wait until tomorrow to make further progress. It's not for everyone but for those of us who love it it's super relaxing and chill. The characters and charm are what makes it. I actually look forward to the museum's curators descriptions of my latest donations. Favourite so far has got to the Orchid Mantis. You see, the curator does not like bugs and this one he especially didn't like. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

dragona wrote: »
    Oh my gosh I want him, could I come? You can come to me first if you want!

My dodo code is ORKHS

Nope, it's KMTVV

I have Clay in boxes ready to move if anyone wants him.

Can I come over for a visit? Don’t want Clay, just want to pop over :)

Would love to call over and buy turnips if you're still open? Forgot it was Sunday. Don't know what day I have anymore!

Ah sorry, had dinner. It's well past time now unfortunately. I do still have some fossils though, I have the two you wanted in my inventory even.

And I kind of got that Vibe from Max as well, no real harm, less stuff in my "free stuff pile" which I was happy with tbh.

• Advertisement

Thanks for letting me visit and for the cutting board! I’ve been dying to make the ironwood set for ages. Your kitchen is cool! I’d love to catalogue your washing machine, table with the white tablecloth and the rocket wardrobe some time!

Advertisement