Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Dode Code: 94xR8

I fenced off to the shop :p

Managed to sell all mine last night, but thanks for sharing. It's so much easier to sell on boards. Unless you get lucky, the mainstream places are a proper rat race!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I'm just browsing the web so work away selling them roots!

Oh no! It crashed as I was at the dodo desk to fly home! I ended up back at home with all my turnips back in my pockets!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Oh no! It crashed as I was at the dodo desk to fly home! I ended up back at home with all my turnips back in my pockets!

:eek: back you come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Hi guys
    Newbie to Animal Crossings. What's the etiquette on leaving tips when visiting someone's island? I don't want to be stingy but don't want to overstretch my own bell debt either. Is there some universal like 15% of bells acquired or something?
    Sorry for stupid q.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

DeWitt wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Newbie to Animal Crossings. What's the etiquette on leaving tips when visiting someone's island? I don't want to be stingy but don't want to overstretch my own bell debt either. Is there some universal like 15% of bells acquired or something?
    Sorry for stupid q.

When on turnip exchange I'd normally give 99k bells but I'd be making nearly 2 mill.

On here. The likes of me hosting right now. I don't want anything.

Let us all just get rich and have fun.

• Advertisement

Hi guys
    Sorry for stupid q.

Usually us boardies don't want anything, but I like to bring a gift like a piece of furniture or clothes as a pressie.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

When on turnip exchange I'd normally give 99k bells but I'd be making nearly 2 mill.

On here. The likes of me hosting right now. I don't want anything.

Let us all just get rich and have fun.

Fair play to ye. Thumbs up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Thanks everyone for your replies. I've been keeping an eye on the thread since I got the game and been getting the hang of it. The CJ fella you've all been talking about finally arrived this week and of course by the time I spotted him I was heading to bed.
    I acquired the 3 star rating last night and had KK around this morning. My turnip prices are poor at 72, but if I ever do get highs or any of the special visitors are on mine, I'm more than happy to share my code.

It worked that time! Yay! Thanks again for opening your gates. I'll be online later after work & will open up if anyone wants to visit.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I've been keeping an eye on the thread since I got the game and been getting the hang of it. The CJ fella you've all been talking about finally arrived this week and of course by the time I spotted him I was heading to bed.
    I acquired the 3 star rating last night and had KK around this morning. My turnip prices are poor at 72, but if I ever do get highs or any of the special visitors are on mine, I'm more than happy to share my code.

This game is so much fun, and I think it's made even better by the lovely gang we have here. I love visiting everyone and getting ideas for my own island, plus talking to the other islanders. We have a great trading system going too, if there's ever anything in particular you're looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Rhyme wrote: »
    Cool! Dodo code?

Also, whoever was putting together the Diner stuff. I have a pink diner table and 'wall autographs' that you see in some American restaurants. I'm not using either so free to a good home.

I'll open up in a couple hours after work :) I'll be playing for a while..I have a looooot of fish in my cupboards to cart to CJ who is stuck on the island about as far from my house as possible!

Think I have both the pink diner tables and the wall autographs. I really want the counters, one of my villagers has it in her house!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

I'll open up in a couple hours after work :) I'll be playing for a while..I have a looooot of fish in my cupboards to cart to CJ who is stuck on the island about as far from my house as possible!

Think I have both the pink diner tables and the wall autographs. I really want the counters, one of my villagers has it in her house!

Merengue has it on my island too, refusing to give it up!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Dodge wrote: »
    I’m not commenting on how you play the game here so this isn’t a dig or anything

Just wondering if whatever you’ve earned this week is basically you now having unlimited funds for life?

Not sure what you are hinting at with the first line? All I did was buy low and sell high - same as everyone else playing the game does. :)

So I had 13m bells Sunday morning, spent approx 9m buying them on my own island @ 95 each I think it was (other boardsies came over to do the same), and also gave another user on here 400k worth of turnips also. Then sold some @ 585 each on the island someone else linked last night - fee was 1NMT per visit. Then sold the rest on my own island this morning @ 270 bells each as I figured my price wouldn't get higher and I had enough of the flying. So I've 37m sitting in the bank, 24m profit give or take. Which I'd be willing to bet is small fry compared to a lot of other folks.

Doubt I will spend as much again to be honest as the systems in the game are a bit clunky to say the least. Especially when you have multiple ppl visiting the same island at once and it pausing your game when someone is landing or leaving - for sure that side of things is not fun.

Not sure it's possible to have 'unlimited funds for life' with this game - probably Nintendo will introduce something that is going to cost silly amounts of bells. :D
    Hi guys
    Sorry for stupid q.

As holly mentioned - folks on here are kind enough not to charge a fee. If I'm visiting an island using turnip exchange and have to pay a fee - then I 'll choose 1NMT rather than paying bells - doesn't eat in my profit that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Merengue has it on my island too, refusing to give it up!!!

Yes i have Merengue too! I want everything in her house!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Still open by any chance? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

Leif is here on my island today if anyone wants to pop over to visit him. He has azaleas, hydrangeas, cosmos, and mums.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

I have a a villager staying in my campsite atm who I want to come live in my village but they just won’t budge and I’ve been here a while. :mad:

Will they eventually say yes or am I wasting my time? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

TK Lemon wrote: »
    I have a a villager staying in my campsite atm who I want to come live in my village but they just won’t budge and I’ve been here a while. :mad:

Will they eventually say yes or am I wasting my time? :P

They usually ask you to craft something or play a card game. Once you make the item and give it to them or win the game that should give you an option to ask them to move in,

They usually ask you to craft something or play a card game. Once you make the item and give it to them or win the game that should give you an option to ask them to move in,

I’ve won a game and they gave me an item but that’s about it. I’ve been talking to them for at least 45 mins now. :P

I’ve won a game and they gave me an item but that’s about it. I’ve been talking to them for at least 45 mins now. :P

I was going to say - keep talking to them even if you lose those games - think it took me about 10 minutes before they said they would go speak to Tom about moving in and did I mind if villager X moved out. Defo didn't take 45 mins unless you're exaggerating a bit. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

Is your gate open?? I had to close my gates before an amiibo camper agreed to move in...

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

I have Admiral in my campsite, if anyone wants to grab him. I'm not a big fan of the deep-voiced characters as it gets on my nerves a little, which is why I got Octavian to move out.

Also C.J. on my island.

Should probably be online later!

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I was going to say - keep talking to them even if you lose those games - think it took me about 10 minutes before they said they would go speak to Tom about moving in and did I mind if villager X moved out. Defo didn't take 45 mins unless you're exaggerating a bit. :):)

No genuinely, I spent 45 mins getting to get him to stay! I’ve given up for now!

I did have my gates open earlier waiting for someone to come along, so maybe that’s why. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭tbahh

No genuinely, I spent 45 mins getting to get him to stay! I’ve given up for now!

I did have my gates open earlier waiting for someone to come along, so maybe that’s why. :)

This happened to me when I was trying to get Ankha to live on my island - I tried so many times but she said she had her other island.
    I then tried one last time at the end of the day - and she said yes.

On a related note, does anyone else think it's strange how they don't roam the island and just stay in their tent the whole day? I understand it's done so it's easy to find them, but still a little odd, especially considering they keep going on about how lovely the island is.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Do you have anywhere for them to move... ?
    How many villagers do you have, and do you have any vacant plots?

Star Lord wrote: »

They can still move in even if you have the full 10 villagers and no free plots - or that's what happened to me at least. Norma turned up at the campsite, wouldn't join as I kept failing at the card game, she spoke to Tom then said would I mind if she replaced someone on the island - she had heard they were thinking of leaving. Knock yourself out I said. :D

The next day the current villager was gone, and a "sold" plot had replaced their house, she turned up the day after. Can't even remember who left actually.

Plucky came up to me today asking would I be upset if he left. Nope. So he'll be gone soon too I guess - probably to turn up on someone else's island here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Andrew76 wrote: »
    They can still move in even if you have the full 10 villagers and no free plots

Yeah, but they won't if you've less than 10, and no empty/unreserved plots set out!

Yeah, but they won't if you've less than 10, and no empty/unreserved plots set out!

Ah ok I get ya now. Picky bunch they are. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

You online later?

• Advertisement

I have 10 villagers!

I just logged in now and it took about 5 mins for the villager to agree to move here.

Maybe it was because my gates were open :pac:

Advertisement