Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Rhyme wrote: »
    I'll have to wait until they turn up then so.

You can catalog mine this evening and order them then if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Really enjoying the game so far although I do find I can only play for about 30 mins at a time before I end up putting it down.

I've got my new house and the museum is open. I want to get 5,000 coins to expand my wallet before I head to a new island :)

I've to collect a ton of wood to help expand the shop and also found some sort of bird on the beach who broke his device (now it's fixed but his mates aren't contacting him :rolleyes:)

Not sure if this is considered spoilers as it is at the beginning of the game but I think me documenting where I am at is probably as entertaining as playing the game lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Star Lord wrote: »
    You've got mail!

Thanks for the boots! :D

You should pop over sometime and see if there's anything I have you want to catalogue. Or send me a nook.market wishlist. :)

Bq03P99h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

That is a fantastic outfit!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paso Fino

Afternoon! Does anyone have any of the following fossils I can buy/trade for? So close to finishing fossils lol

Trilobite
    Ankylo skull
    Tricera skull

I have the following if anyone is looking for them:

Diplo chest
    Archelon skull
    Stego tail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Thanks for the boots! :D

You should pop over sometime and see if there's anything I have you want to catalogue. Or send me a nook.market wishlist. :)

Bq03P99h.jpg

Checked and the bed in my music room is the wooden double bed, yours if you'd like it!
    might grab that blue rocket for cataloguing, it's really nice!

Paso Fino wrote: »
    Afternoon! Does anyone have any of the following fossils I can buy/trade for? So close to finishing fossils lol

Trilobite
    Ankylo skull
    Tricera skull

I have the following if anyone is looking for them:

Diplo chest
    Archelon skull
    Stego tail

Have a trilobite for you. :)

Have a trilobite for you. :)

Oh fab! Do you want anything in return?

Oh fab! Do you want anything in return?

Nothing I can think of offhand! :)

Checked and the bed in my music room is the wooden double bed, yours if you'd like it!
    might grab that blue rocket for cataloguing, it's really nice!

Deal! I have the rattan double bed but it doesn't suit the rest of the furniture. :D

I'll grab any newer items from the gaff and send over a Dodo Code later tonight. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Nothing I can think of offhand! :)

Grand, I can pop over in 10 minutes or so if it suits you? Or you can just post it to me?

Grand, I can pop over in 10 minutes or so if it suits you? Or you can just post it to me?

Actually just got some requests for cataloguing from Princess Peach, who loved your house... :D if that's cool?

Barbeque, picnic hamper/basket, your cooker, and microwave... :D

Actually just got some requests for cataloguing from Princess Peach, who loved your house... :D if that's cool?

Barbeque, picnic hamper/basket, your cooker, and microwave... :D

That I can do! Let me know when it suits to pop over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Might start playing this later out of sheer bordom :) how do you meet people and trade etc, our do you just plod about.

safetyboy wrote: »
    Might start playing this later out of sheer bordom :) how do you meet people and trade etc, our do you just plod about.

You should! Personally I have met most people I play with on this forum, but I do have some friends that play as well. See previous messages for how I trade :P

That I can do! Let me know when it suits to pop over :)

Gates open, sent you a friend request... I think!

Gates open, sent you a friend request... I think!

You did! On my way with those items now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

You should! Personally I have met most people I play with on this forum, but I do have some friends that play as well. See previous messages for how I trade :P

You can only meet by getting a DODO code and sharing it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

kingtut wrote: »
    Really enjoying the game so far although I do find I can only play for about 30 mins at a time before I end up putting it down.

That will change soon enough. Once you start ticking off fish, bugs and fossils on your lists you’ll spend more and more time looking for the rare stuff

Then as your house develops into 6 rooms you’ll want all the stuff to fill it

Then you’ll want to wall around like a jester, astronaut, 1950s rock star and you’ll need all that stuff

Then you’ll want to redesign the island so you can shape it into your ideal land

At least that how it went for me and the missus...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Can go the other way - I've been really busy this week so it's still 10am Monday Morning on my island, have caught nary a bug nor a fish all week. And the longer I'm away the sillier it all seems.
    However, I got a cool green gas mask and a Robot superhero mask that I need to pair with the perfect outfit so maybe I'm not free yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Im gonna take the plunge on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

So hey, I got a letter from a villager today saying they'd love a designer fishing rod. I have them a fish fishing rod and they didn't seem too thrilled, do I need to mail it? Or is designer fishing rod a different thing?

/\/ollog wrote: »
    So hey, I got a letter from a villager today saying they'd love a designer fishing rod. I have them a fish fishing rod and they didn't seem too thrilled, do I need to mail it? Or is designer fishing rod a different thing?

I wonder is it a customised fishing rod?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I've got my new house and the museum is open. I want to get 5,000 coins to expand my wallet before I head to a new island :)

I've to collect a ton of wood to help expand the shop and also found some sort of bird on the beach who broke his device (now it's fixed but his mates aren't contacting him :rolleyes:)

Not sure if this is considered spoilers as it is at the beginning of the game but I think me documenting where I am at is probably as entertaining as playing the game lol
    This is me also - I still need to expand my shop - I have all the wood, but the iron nuggets I am finding impossible to find. I do maybe 3 trips to other islands a day, but only get around 2 per visit. So that is quite slow going.
    I have almost enough bells saved to pay off the loan for my 1st house expansion. At the moment, it is getting a bit repetitive, but at the same time, I still need to play more to get the shop upgrade and house upgrade etc.

You can only meet by getting a DODO code and sharing it right?

With a Dodo Code you have the option to limit it to only friends, only best friends or anyone.
    Without a Dodo code you can invite friends or best friends only.

This is for online play, never tried local.
    SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Im gonna take the plunge on this!

DO it! :D
    /\/ollog wrote: »

I reckon Holy is correct, slap a lick of paint on it and that might do the trick. :)

cee_jay wrote: »
    This is me also - I still need to expand my shop - I have all the wood, but the iron nuggets I am finding impossible to find. I do maybe 3 trips to other islands a day, but only get around 2 per visit. So that is quite slow going.
    I have almost enough bells saved to pay off the loan for my 1st house expansion. At the moment, it is getting a bit repetitive, but at the same time, I still need to play more to get the shop upgrade and house upgrade etc.

How are you hitting the rocks?
    Picture them like this:
    XXX
    XRX
    XXX

R is the rock...
    Ensure nothing is in any of the X spaces but you.
    Stand on one of the corners, and dig holes on the side/above/below (depending where the rock is, so say you're on the top right X, you'd dig above you and to your left.)
    Face the rock, shovel in hand and keep tapping A to hit the rock till it's spat out 8 items, or does nothing when you hit it.

cee_jay wrote: »

I can give you the iron nuggets no problem if you like?

Same goes for kingtut if you need them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

Good idea, I'll try that, sent it by mail so I'll either never know or I'll get a letter tomorrow...

Woohoo! Just got my 5 star island rating. God it was hard work to get up from 4!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

On the designer fishing rod, once the Shop expands (takes 30 days and a bunch of moola I think) you can buy different rods from the cabinet. Same for nets and catapults and watering cans. They still break,but they look boss right up until the moment they go poof

Advertisement