Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nope. It’s one per game

So I'd have to buy a second copy to get my own island?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

My gates are open now.

Friend code 5977-8954-4666

Dodo code JRD2D

TitianGerm wrote: »

So I believe

So I believe

Ok thanks for that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ah ****e. Thought I’d gotten new flowers. Turns out I shouldve bought the seeds in your shop. VanDammit

You need me to buy some and hop on a flight? :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    You need me to buy some and hop on a flight? :)

Aw would you? You’re a star

Aw would you? You’re a star

Just in my shop now. He’s only got red-hyacinth, yellow-cosmos and yellow-pansy seeds for sale. They any use?

Just in my shop now. He’s only got red-hyacinth, yellow-cosmos and yellow-pansy seeds for sale. They any use?

Cosmos please!

I’m dying laughing. If you put a stereo beside the plaza the islanders will “Sing along” with the kk songs. So funny!

• Advertisement

Ok hopping on a plane now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

A second switch too. Think it's one island per console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

How do you find your friend code?

keane2097 wrote: »
    How do you find your friend code?

Go to the home screen, top left to your user icon and it’s in the Profile section. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

So I believe

Wait what? That's insanity, can't he load up his own profile and have his own island?

No, it’s one island per Switch incredibly enough.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2020/04/03/two-warnings-for-families-playing-animal-crossing-new-horizons-on-switch/amp/

And it seems like I wasn’t going mad after all, the eggs are affecting drop rates for iron and other things. Least it’ll be over by the 12th.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-04-03-theres-something-rotten-about-animal-crossings-egg-event

• Advertisement

So I just got my shop upgrade and need to build a
    bridge for incoming residents
    so looking forward to that. But when do I get the DIY plans for a
    ladder
    does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Pretty sure Blathers gives that to you once the Museum opens

Anyone have any ironwork recipes?

That's what I'm finding hardest about the game, getting good recipes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Check the beach for bottles go into your neighbours houses they must gut be doing diy and they'll share the recipe also buy the DIY upgrades on the miles redemption machine

Cheers folks got the recipe from Tom, just needed to lay down the
    bridge kit
    and go back and talk to him. Crap load of new stuff to build now. Nice. :)

Cheers folks got the recipe from Tom, just needed to lay down the
    bridge kit
    and go back and talk to him. Crap load of new stuff to build now. Nice. :)

When do you get the bridge kit?

We have the museum but resident services is still a tent.

• Advertisement

Did a little turnip fraud seeing as I couldn't or wouldn't do the spider hauling took about an hour but made a nice tidy profit

When do you get the bridge kit?

We have the museum but resident services is still a tent.

Mine still a tent too. Maybe the trigger is combination of number of days played and inviting 3 ppl to live on your island? I’m not sure.

https://www.gamesradar.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons-ladder/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

omUKKV8.jpg?1

****ing rabbit is scarier than Frank the Bunny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Does anyone need another AC fwiend? I have none.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Does anyone need another AC fwiend? I have none.

You can add me if you like, my FC is on the previous page. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Anyone getting cherry blossom recipes from balloons ? All I keep getting is stupid eggs :(

Catch the cherry blossom petals with your net only just figured this out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭rumplyconch

I've gotten 4 different cherry blossom recipes by visiting villagers in their houses. Mine all seem to be avid crafters!!

Catch the cherry blossom petals with your net only just figured this out :o

And they disappear after two failed attempts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

When you wake up after being caught out by a tarantula/second wasps nest and the nightmare still isn't over...

My code is sw-7976-4716-0291 if anyone wants to add me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

I woke up early enough (11.30am) to finally buy some turnips and I realised I spent all of my Bells paying off my home loan.

I managed to find a money tree, but it was a dash to try and make some Bells before noon. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Had anyone joined any animal crossing discord channels? It's like a real life stock exchange! Trading things 10 nook mile tickets for 2 million bells!

Jesus that's extortion 20,000 miles for 2m bells

TK Lemon wrote: »
    I woke up early enough (11.30am) to finally buy some turnips and I realised I spent all of my Bells paying off my home loan.

I managed to find a money tree, but it was a dash to try and make some Bells before noon. :pac:

Yeah I held off paying anything off my second house loan to make sure I had some turnip funds. My first Sunday in the game so only spent 100k worth. Better make it back and then some! :)

Hot item for the day in my shop is a wooden bookcase thing selling for 1140 so going to spend most of the day farming softwood. :pac:

If you're on any Reddit pages you might find people with crazy prices for turnips with open gates I got 500 bells a turnip this morning 4000 turnips 2m bells did it 4 times dropped 1m bells for the player to say thanks now I can concentrate on getting KK to come to my island.

If you're on any Reddit pages you might find people with crazy prices for turnips with open gates I got 500 bells a turnip this morning 4000 turnips 2m bells did it 4 times dropped 1m bells for the player to say thanks now I can concentrate on getting KK to come to my island.

I thought you can’t sell turnips on a Sunday or was that via time travelling shenanigans?

They weren't set to Sunday on their account it's the second time I've been able to find someone doing it they time travel to a day the turnip price is high and fling open their gate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

...and then any other day of the week you can travel to 9am sunday and start jumping back and forth selling turnips. Awesome.

What's the etiquette on the host leaving a few hundred thou on the ground for you to pick up and invest for them and return on your second visit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

some body may be able to help

when i got my switch, the first thing i bought off the store was The Binding of Isacc, only available on the US store. For my character on animal Crossings, I'm stuck on the US store for buying the online sub. I signed up a new user on the european store just to buy the online sub, but this does not seem to apply to my main profile.

any way of getting back to the european store from the US one ? or any suggestions appreciated. don't really want to restart the game from the beginning again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Try logging into your account on nintendo.com (on PC/laptop) and changing your region from there. Note - if you have any credit or gold points on your US account, you may lose them when you change the account locale.

Is it OK to sell off the egg stuff I craft or do I need to keep it till the 12th?

Any reason not to sell the furniture I don't want?

The better your furniture layout the higher your hha score us every Sunday the extra furniture will be needed once you upgrade your home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Not sure the layout matters, I remember in one of the old games i just fitted in as much furniture as I could into my house and I ended up getting a really high score

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Mr E wrote: »
    Try logging into your account on nintendo.com (on PC/laptop) and changing your region from there. Note - if you have any credit or gold points on your US account, you may lose them when you change the account locale.

I have a secondary account stuck on the US store as it has 1 cent and they won't let me change the location of the account with money on it. It's now my secondary account, set up a new account as the primary in Ireland.
    The better your furniture layout the higher your hha score us every Sunday the extra furniture will be needed once you upgrade your home

I lobbed all the bunny stuff* into my house, mostly against the wall or in relevant groups and got an S rank. I guess they didn't notice the giant monster statue in the corner of the main room (4x4 tiles, it's HUGE, I love it).

*have everything built, now have to wait until the 12th so these eggs will go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

I've noticed a thing that happens when fishing.

Whenever I have full pockets and catch a fish (or egg!) I'm certain I don't want, I have a tendency to smash on the B button.
    For the most part doing this will advance the text and auto-jump to and select 'Release it' or whatever the option says.

However, I've noticed that with specific fish or perhaps depending on some other criteria that doing this occasionally does not make the option move down to 'release'.
    Instead it stalls hovered over the 'Swap it' choice and doesn't proceed to the next screen unless I press the A button on either option.

Anybody know if there is a reason for this?

I'd considered that maybe it could be the games way of nudging you to say 'are you sure about that?' when you risk tossing a fish that is worth more than others you're already holding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Do you have to pay to advance in this game even though you've paid for the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

s1ippy wrote: »
    Do you have to pay to advance in this game even though you've paid for the game?

There are no IAPs or other pay to win features.
    There is in fact no way to win. Animal Crossing is a journey not a destination

There is a meta-market where players trade for stuff that you earn or fluke your way to in the game for free but that's not part of the actual game.

The only features you have to pay extra for are :
    Online - required for visiting other players' islands, this is for Nintendo online subscribers only
    A second island - if you've misunderstood what the game is about and want different islands for every player in your house, they'll each need a switch of their own.

You pay or else Nook sends the bunny followed by hoards of balloons

• Advertisement
Advertisement